• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who hates me more, myself or God?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The tears today and my new resolve, I know I am done this shameless sinning, and am not going to sin anymore at least knowingly and attentively. I know I will live a good life and will gain what I don't deserve. God is to awesome and amazing, I hate how I took advantage of him though knowing I would one day repent and he wouldn't kill me till then. He is too kind. I am grateful I live and have found a new resolve to obey God and no longer disobey him, just, it kills me how playful and shameless I was knowing he would do this for me. God is so amazing and kind.

danieldemol

Premium Member
The tears today and my new resolve, I know I am done this shameless sinning, and am not going to sin anymore at least knowingly and attentively. I know I will live a good life and will gain what I don't deserve. God is to awesome and amazing, I hate how I took advantage of him though knowing I would one day repent and he wouldn't kill me till then. He is too kind. I am grateful I live and have found a new resolve to obey God and no longer disobey him, just, it kills me how playful and shameless I was knowing he would do this for me. God is so amazing and kind.
I don't get people who think a kind and merciful God requires so much self loathing, but each to their own I guess *shrugs *

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@Link,

Try not to forget that excessive shame can draw a person away from their spiritual pursuits. This can be exploited by dark forces. Try not to dwell on your faults. They happen in an impulsive moment.

God created us with animal impluses. It is natural to act on them. Natural, but not nessessarily healthy. Developing impulse control takes time, patience, and faith. Shame diminishes faith, makes us impatient, and makes it harder to break bad habits. Sometimes shame can be a useful tool, but, for you, it seems like it is interfering.

My advice for you is to continue to focus on God's mercy, but to take it to the next level. Emulate this mercy and apply it to yourself. Have compassion on yourself; appreciate your inborn talents, and forgive your animal impulses when they happen. This will give you space to refocus on your good traits and future goals instead of focusing on the past.