• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who has the Water and Where is It?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
No. Monotheistic idolatry is the worship of anything as a god, or God, that isn't. It's misrepresentation; a lie, or a falsehood, in simplest form. Free will is idolatrous, in that it is the belief that God's will is surmountable, thereby elevating one's own will to the status of a god, or God.
anything isn't everything, or all.

being adverse to love is idolatry

service to all is not anything. service to all is everything; which is what monotheism is and what jesus implied.

Mark 9:35
And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.

Romans 1:23
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

looks like paul had a problem with what god did

Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

CHAP. II.--NAASSENI ASCRIBE THEIR SYSTEM, THROUGH MARIAMNE, TO JAMES THE LORD'S BROTHER; REALLY TRACEABLE TO THE ANCIENT MYSTERIES; THEIR PSYCHOLOGY AS GIVEN IN THE "GOSPEL ACCORDING TO THOMAS;" ASSYRIAN THEORY OF THE SOUL; THE SYSTEMS OF THE NAASSENI AND THE ASSYRIANS COMPARED; SUPPORT DRAWN BY THE NAASSENI FROM THE PHRYGIAN AND EGYPTIAN MYSTERIES; THE MYSTERIES OF ISIS; THESE MYSTERIES ALLEGORIZED BY THE NAASSENI.

Exalting valleys, only to lower mountains, does not describe equalization; it describes redistribution.
love makes all equal

For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

there is one love for all.

God so loved the world..................

Last edited:

sealchan

jesus is/isn't the water of life?

Jesus offers us this "water". It is the water that quenches the thirst of our minds and hearts for understanding and justice. It is not necessarily that it comes from him but that it be of the nature of what he is offering.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Jesus offers us this "water". It is the water that quenches the thirst of our minds and hearts for understanding and justice. It is not necessarily that it comes from him but that it be of the nature of what he is offering.
What about water into wine?

sealchan

Another story but perhaps a similar metaphor...

Water is a carrier of the source of life as it is practically necessary for the sustenance of life. Blood is the internal form of water.

Grapes and the vines they grow on come from the plant world. Plants evidence the fruitfulness of the earth and the life-death-rebirth way of nature and the mother goddess.

Wine is a further transformation by humans of life into spirit or a drink with extra power or force...a "higher" power. It looks like blood which is the inner form of water.

In the water to wine story the supply of wine has run out. But Jesus, without further material effort, makes more wine appear. This could also point to the idea that it is not the physical wine that is important but the spiritual wine that comes from our personal attitude.

The miracle should teach us this but often miracles just leave people in awe of the magic and the supernatural and they do not therefore think of the personal spiritual message of teaching about how our attitude can be turned from water (the physical) to wine (the higher spiritual, inner water).

I would like to think that as some people in the simplicity movement have shown, that having more is having less and having less is having more. A spiritual person in your midst gives life and vitality where water and wine may be lacking. Our needs are met as much within ourselves as through the acquisition of material wealth.

When you have Jesus' mind and heart, you have the water and the wine and you can share it without ever fearing to run out.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

it would seem that isaiah could make spirits from pressing sour grapes.

3 I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.

4 For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.

5 And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.

6 And I will tread down the people in mine anger, and make them drunk in my fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth.

7 I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his loving kindnesses.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Understanding into wisdom?
coming out of the furnace and crossing the red sea - alchemy

Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel.

7 And he called the name of the place Massah, and Meribah, because of the chiding of the children of Israel, and because they tempted the Lord, saying, Is the Lord among us, or not?

So you wanna play with magic?
Boy, you should know what you're falling for
Baby, do you dare to do this?
Cause I'm coming at you like a dark horse
Are you ready for, ready for
A perfect storm, perfect storm?
'Cause once you're mine, once you're mine
There's no going back!