• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Has More Sexual Desire?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Are males more horny than females, or are females more horny than males?

I submit that they are about the same, in so far as females tend to yearn for romance and emotional intimacy about as much as males tend to yearn for intercourse and physical intimacy. Am I way off the wall on this? What do you think?

Lightkeeper

I think women yearn just as much for sexual pleasure as men do, however I think women are more selective. I think this has to do with conditioning. Women are conditioned to be cautious and selective and there may be something natural within to protect themselves from unwanted pregnancy. In fact I saw a program on mating. A female's body can reject sperm from an unwanted union. She is more like to get pregnant from someone she is more accepting of. That doesn't mean it works all of the time and it isn't a sub for birth control.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
robtex said:
Only u would run this survey goofball......
LOL I'll take that as a compliment. Sexuality is a fact of life, and one of the more crucial facts at that. How we deal with intimacy -- both emotional and physical intimacy -- permeates our entire being. We cannot escape it, we might as well discuss it.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Lightkeeper said:
I think women yearn just as much for sexual pleasure as men do, however I think women are more selective. I think this has to do with conditioning. Women are conditioned to be cautious and selective and there may be something natural within to protect themselves from unwanted pregnancy. In fact I saw a program on mating. A female's body can reject sperm from an unwanted union. She is more like to get pregnant from someone she is more accepting of. That doesn't mean it works all of the time and it isn't a sub for birth control.
I think those are excellent points, Lightkeeper. Trying to look at this like a biologist... In our species, both the male and the female exercise choice in picking a mate. That's not true for all species. For instance: It doesn't seem like the female in most heard animals, such as cattle or elk, choose which male to mate with. And if females are not choosing which male to mate with, there is little or no biological reason why they should ever get horny. At least, not very horny. So, horniness -- sexual desire -- may be tied into whether or not the genders of a species chooses their mates or are merely passive participants in mating. Put a little differently, the fact that female humans have sexual desire is probably a direct reflection of the fact that female humans exercise choice in whom to mate with.

Lightkeeper

I don't know about all species, but some of the primate females are very selective and are more sexually active than some of the males.