• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Has Been to Australia?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Any idea how big it is?

Click on the link below.....

School Mum

Its really big enough to fit all those countries inside it.....:eek:

or this also gives you some idea....

57362466_10213249195176857_4099838642455838720_n.jpg

World's biggest island. :)

David1967

Premium Member
Any idea how big it is?

School Mum

Never been, though I was once invited to visit a crocodile petting zoo.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It doesn't exist.
Just look at all those claims about it.....
- The unbelievable animals
- The goofy accent
- The way too remote location

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Any idea how big it is?

School Mum

This map might also give an idea of size comparison:

Comparison-of-relative-size-of-Australia-to-the-USA-and-Canada-redditcom.jpg

I've never been to Spain, but I've been to Oklahoma.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Never been, though I was once invited to visit a crocodile petting zoo.

Was the invitation from a friend? :eek:

Steve Irwin seemed to think they were friendly, sort of like short stratured horses or something.....:p

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I have visited OZ, and I really liked it a lot. Great people, interesting landscape, very strange critters, I hope I get to go back, someday.

Funny that people think our critters are strange.....we have grown up with them. They are just part of who we are. We have some of the world's most venomous creatures but when they are part of the landscape (especially in country areas) you just learn to live with them.

Aussies for the most part, are very down to earth people, who tell it like it is, so we are not big on formalities and meaningless niceties.....which is sometimes seen as rudeness, but it just means that we don't just nibble around the edges of matters but we like to cut to the chase and get to the point.

Talking to people in other countries on forums like this is interesting from this perspective. Political correctness is not high on our list of concerns and seeing people take offence at what is said is often puzzling. Our response here would be a stern "get over yourself"....so please keep this in mind when discussing things with Aussies. :D We don't mean to imitate our critters. Like crocs, we just don't tip-toe very well.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
It doesn't exist.
Just look at all those claims about it.....
- The unbelievable animals
- The goofy accent
- The way too remote location

You mean there are 25 million people floating in the ocean down under in some kind of mass delusion??!! :eek:

PureX

Veteran Member
Funny that people think our critters are strange.....we have grown up with them. They are just part of who we are. We have some of the world's most venomous creatures but when they are part of the landscape (especially in country areas) you just learn to live with them.

Aussies for the most part, are very down to earth people, who tell it like it is, so we are not big on formalities and meaningless niceties.....which is sometimes seen as rudeness, but it just means that we don't just nibble around the edges of matters but we like to cut to the chase and get to the point.

Talking to people in other countries on forums like this is interesting from this perspective. Political correctness is not high on our list of concerns and seeing people take offence at what is said is often puzzling. Our response here would be a stern "get over yourself"....so please keep this in mind when discussing things with Aussies. :D We don't mean to imitate our critters. Like crocs, we just don't tip-toe very well.
I didn't find ozzies to be simple or blunt at all. I found them to have a keen sense of humor that tends toward poking fun at the stodgy, self-righteous, and humorless. And rightly so, in my opinion.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I didn't find ozzies to be simple or blunt at all. I found them to have a keen sense of humor that tends toward poking fun at the stodgy, self-righteous, and humorless. And rightly so, in my opinion.

I didn't say we were simple or blunt exactly, but our sense of humour is legendary and for the most part we don't suffer fools gladly....so "down to earth" is probably a more apt description. We are a very secular country as opposed to the US which is much more oriented towards their own brand of "Christianity".

An Aussie's response to someone with a problem would be a commiseration....but a typical American response I have noticed is, "I am praying for you". That would be weird to the average Aussie.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For some people outback, that is the length of their driveway! :confused:

It is 500km for me to Mt Isa and 700km to Cairns, the nearest cities. Between each small town or fuel stop, around 150 to 200km. :D Great thing now though, all this can now be done on bitumen, even if only one lane of it at times.

Regards Tony