• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who does God want the Antichrist to be?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So there is so much end-time hysteria and talk about some false prophet who will rule the world.

Is the Antichrist called to be a good guy or a bad guy? Do you honestly think God wants him to be something other than what prophecy States he will be?

If he's just being what God wants him to be, God clearly wants him to have followers, so what's wrong with following Him?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I think maybe the Anti-Christ will be there to prove a point of how bad laws can be. He will probably be a real stickler for the rules like Negan and Lucille on the Walking Dead show. Negan seems to be inspired by the anti-christ. Would you follow Negan?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I think maybe the Anti-Christ will be there to prove a point of how bad laws can be. He will probably be a real stickler for the rules like Negan and Lucille on the Walking Dead show. Negan seems to be inspired by the anti-christ. Would you follow Negan?
I don't watch the walking dead show but if the world falls in love with the AC, he must be quite lovable...God gave him all the gifts and talents to lead the world astray

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I don't watch the walking dead show but if the world falls in love with the AC, he must be quite lovable...God gave him all the gifts and talents to lead the world astray
Money and stuff is the Anti-Christs power. Same as Negan. No man can buy or sell without worshipping the Anti-Christ.

pearl

Anyone remember the fictitious poem from the 'Omen'?
When the Jews return to Zion
And a comet rips the sky
And the Holy Roman Empire rises,
Then you and I must die.
From the eternal sea he rises,
Creating armies on either shore,
Turning man against his brother
'Til man exists no more.

Seems to sum it up

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Who does God want the Antichrist to be?

If he's just being what God wants him to be, God clearly wants him to have followers, so what's wrong with following Him?

Vanakkam,

Coming suddenly out of nowhere... Spreads rapidly... Has a ton of followers...

Eeyup

Antichrist confirmed to be a meme

Beware of the lolcats ! :D

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
From the Bahá'í scriptures this is our definition of anti Christ

"These wars and cruelties, this bloodshed and sorrow are Antichrist." (Abdu'l-Bahá, Promulgation of Univ. Peace [hereafter PUP] 6)

"Whenever discord prevails instead of unity, whenever hatred and antagonism take the place of love and fellowship, Antichrist reigns instead of Christ." (Abdu'l-Bahá, PUP 6)

allfoak

Alchemist
So there is so much end-time hysteria and talk about some false prophet who will rule the world.

Is the Antichrist called to be a good guy or a bad guy? Do you honestly think God wants him to be something other than what prophecy States he will be?

How do i get on the ballot? :)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
From the Bahá'í scriptures this is our definition of anti Christ

"These wars and cruelties, this bloodshed and sorrow are Antichrist." (Abdu'l-Bahá, Promulgation of Univ. Peace [hereafter PUP] 6)

"Whenever discord prevails instead of unity, whenever hatred and antagonism take the place of love and fellowship, Antichrist reigns instead of Christ." (Abdu'l-Bahá, PUP 6)
I like your quote , but the Antichrist is supposed to bring peace and unity like never before...at first at least. Maybe, like Darth Vader, he begins as a good guy

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Anti-christ just means instead of Christ.

From my point of view, people have made the Bible instead of Christ.

Not really I don't think and with all due respect:
  • An·ti·christ1
    /ˈan(t)ēˌkrīst, ˈanˌtīˌkrīst/
    noun
    1. (in some Christian teachings) a personal opponent of Christ expected to appear before the end of the world:
And this from Mirriam Webster:
Definition of Antichrist

• 1: one who denies or opposes Christ; specifically : a great antagonist expected to fill the world with wickedness but to be conquered forever by Christ at his second coming
    • 2: a false Christ
This could mean a "person" that usurps authority, status, position,
of that commonly attributed to Christ.
Thoughts?
I'm sure that objects or institutions, like governments, could be used to replace the position of Christ but the definition indicates a person.

In movies I've watched in the past the Anti-Christ is always a charismatic person, usually
a politician. But that's Hollywood.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not really I don't think and with all due respect:
  • An·ti·christ1
    noun
    1. (in some Christian teachings) a personal opponent of Christ expected to appear before the end of the world:
Definition of Antichrist

• 1: one who denies or opposes Christ; specifically : a great antagonist expected to fill the world with wickedness but to be conquered forever by Christ at his second coming
This could mean a "person" that usurps authority, status, position,
of that commonly attributed to Christ.
Thoughts?
I'm sure that objects or institutions, like governments, could be used to replace the position of Christ but the definition indicates a person.

In movies I've watched in the past the Anti-Christ is always a charismatic person, usually
a politician. But that's Hollywood.
1 John 2:22 “Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.”

Who is the antichrist but he who denies what Jesus says about the Christ? He is antichrist who denies what says the Father and the Son.

If you love me you will obey my commandments.

The Bible was changed and does not reflect what the Father and the Son have said.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 “Let no one deceive you by any means; for that day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshipped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.”

The Man of Sin is the whole world under the power of error. It has been revealed.

Does not the Bible sit on God's throne?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why does no one seem to understand that what God says MUST COME TRUE?

Think! If God has said a person of the anti-christ has to come HE HAS TO COME. His coming will be obeying God's prophesy that he will come. THEN? WHOSE SON IS HE?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
  • An·ti·christ1
    noun
Definition of Antichrist

GOD (God is love) has had written that an opponent of God's son and an evil antagonist is to come BY THE ORDER OF JEHOVAH to fill the world with wickedness........

Imagine! God putting God's son and God's son's adversary TOGETHER to fight?....and God (who is love) giving the Earth a mighty foe to ruin it.

God said it. It must happen as God said it.

So? WHOSE fault is it?

Is it really, like you all teach it, "God's will be done"?????????????????????????????

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Daniel 7:25 “He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, shall persecute the saints of the Most High, and shall intend to change times and law. Then the saints shall be given into his hand for a time and times and half a time.”

Pompous is added

Daniel 7:25

Are the saints NOT in the Bible's hands?