• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who do you think will prove or disprove gods?

Who will prove or disprove a deity?

• Scientist

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Philospher

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Theologian

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters

Etritonakin

I know, (I'm a theist; however if he is using a logic which not everyone agrees on it's just circular logic). What's worse is implying that everyone shares your beliefs if this is an interfaith forum.

I honestly don't think you understand my position. I am not implying everyone shares my beliefs, and I am certainly aware that not everyone will agree with me.

Etritonakin

If you religion contradicts with itself that's a bit sad. Also have you wondered why Jews don't believe Jesus was the messiah? That's because he failed to fulfill the most important prophecy of creating the Jewish land. Who made the Jewish state? (Zionists!)
To clarify....

"My religion" does not contradict itself. Many religions considered Abrahamic contradict each other. They are not one religion.

There are quite a few reasons why Jews do not believe Christ is the Messiah. I understand that.

I believe that their rejection of Christ was prophesied -likewise their -and the world's -eventual acknowledgement of him when he is present -so while the religions contradict, prophecy does not contradict itself.

I understand others believe otherwise.

I do sometimes state things I believe to be fact as fact, but still acknowledge the beliefs of others, their right to have them, and am not against any because of their beliefs.

Last edited:

Milton Platt

Subjective experience always fails in logic. I'm also a theist, (monotheistic), but if you're mentioning personal experience it really means emotion over logic.

So basically your version of a god requires the gullibility to believe without sufficient evidence, and then he decides to "talk to you"? Why is he only interested in gullible people? What language does a god use? Has he told you something we can verify that there is no other way of knowing but by him telling you? That would be awesome...please share.

SSDSSDSSD3

The Great Sea Under!
So basically your version of a god requires the gullibility to believe without sufficient evidence, and then he decides to "talk to you"? Why is he only interested in gullible people? What language does a god use? Has he told you something we can verify that there is no other way of knowing but by him telling you? That would be awesome...please share.
I can tell that my God is real because of all the great things my Gurus did, he created a unique system of Langar, the idea of building the inside over the outside. He became martyred for the freedom of another faith. (Look up 9th Guru's martyrdom), he stood up to tyranny despite many other things against him. What I can learn from God is through the experience of all the other people who have had excellent ideas. Also the Guru has the unlimited power to break the shackles of broken people, not just a few, but anyone who would go to him would be free.

outhouse

Atheistically
I know, (I'm a theist; however if he is using a logic which not everyone agrees on it's just circular logic). What's worse is implying that everyone shares your beliefs if this is an interfaith forum.

I'm not arguing if your correct, just making sure you delete to protect your interest here.

We need more intellect like yours, not in the other direction so I'm offering my advise based on 35,000 post here.

Etritonakin

back to the original post....

Short of a deity revealing itself, science -given enough data -could possibly prove the necessity of the existence of a creator (or otherwise).

Science has actually proved false gods of certain descriptions -such as a God who created everything 6,000 years ago (not actually bilical, by the way).

Presently, many believe no creative input was necessary since the Big Bang for all we see to exist, but even that does not mean a creative mind was not responsible for the Big Bang.

We know that certain things had to happen in a certain order after the Big Bang for life to emerge -and for all of its changes -but I do not believe we have enough data to say that there was no creative influence whatsoever even after the Big Bang to cause every event or change.
We are not even certain -from a scientific viewpoint -that other physical life forms from elsewhere did not have a hand in our existence or present form -just as we may someday have a hand in causing life elsewhere.

Many are stuck on the creation vs. evolution issue, but we know that both exist -both happen.
Knowing exactly which was responsible for what at any given point would take a great deal of data -and a profound understanding of how all things interrelate.

Last edited:

Milton Platt

back to the original post....

Short of a deity revealing itself, science -given enough data -could possibly prove the necessity of the existence of a creator (or otherwise).

Science has actually proved false gods of certain descriptions -such as a God who created everything 6,000 years ago (not actually bilical, by the way).

Presently, many believe no creative input was necessary since the Big Bang for all we see to exist, but even that does not mean a creative mind was not responsible for the Big Bang.

We know that certain things had to happen in a certain order after the Big Bang for life to emerge -and for all of its changes -but I do not believe we have enough data to say that there was no creative influence whatsoever even after the Big Bang to cause every event or change.
We are not even certain -from a scientific viewpoint -that other physical life forms from elsewhere did not have a hand in our existence or present form -just as we may someday have a hand in causing life elsewhere.

Many are stuck on the creation vs. evolution issue, but we know that both exist -both happen.
Knowing exactly which was responsible for what at any given point would take a great deal of data -and a profound understanding of how all things interrelate.

We do not need data to say something was not created. We need evidence that it was. Everything so far seems to have natural explanations.

Science can never prove any gods absolutely false, but that is not necessary. Those postulating a god must support the claim.

Shad

Veteran Member
I don't understand your point.

Mine was that America is considered modernized, but has a higher murder rate than Egypt even after those events.

You forgot to mention that Egypt during your stats was run by the military which goes a long way in controlling crime in comparison to a representative republic.

Shad

Veteran Member

My point was modernization is not the only factor in crime rates. The system of justice and enforcement of law matters and should never be omitted. Egypt's government prior to 2011 was a military dictatorship that arrested people that are criminals to just political opponents that voiced opinions against the state. In comparison America does not use it's justice and law systems to a similar level that Egypt has. A quasi police state more or less will have less crime since it's system is rigid in favour of the state.