• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who do you think Jesus would rather hang out with?

Who do you think Christ would rather kick it with?

• Joel Osteen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well?

I think He'd rather hang out with Manson, since Jesus was the friend of the misunderstood and social outcasts. Like Christ, Manson is also a fierce critic of mainstream culture, including prevailing self-righteous religious authorities. Manson may be an atheist and (still?) a LaVeyan Satanist, but Manson never said he hated "a one true God" (just "the god of the people", which aren't the same things) and has spoken highly of Christ in comments.

Joel Osteen, on the other hand, is no critic of society. He is a wealthy hypocrite and moves in elite/elitist circles. I believe he, and those like him, are modern day Pharisees. Like a Heaven Shall Burn song says:

These disbelievers in a preacher's suit
Success and happines they sell
Accountants save your soul
As you have paid the price,
Welcome to paradise

I don't know about all sins and sinners
But Joel's gonna burn in hell
I don't know about all sins and sinners
But Joel's gonna burn in hell
Insignia of doubtful unions
An untruth factory, the Jesus industry

If people like Manson aren't in Heaven, I don't wanna go. (As a funny aside, I recall reading an article where a Manson show was canceled in conservative Poland, and a Catholic priest was mad because he was a big fan of Manson and wanted to go. Lol.)

Ralphg

Jesus was born circa 6 B.C. in Bethlehem. His mother, Mary, was a virgin who was betrothed to Joseph, a carpenter. Christians believe Jesus was born through Immaculate Conception. There is very little written about Jesus's early life.

The Gospel of Luke (2:41-52) recounts that a 12-year-old Jesus had accompanied his parents on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem and became separated. He was found several days later in a temple, discussing affairs with some of Jerusalem’s elders. Throughout the New Testament, there are trace references of Jesus working as a carpenter while a young adult. It is believed that he began his ministry at age 30 when he was baptized by John the Baptist, who upon seeing Jesus, declared him the Son of God.

All in all I think He kicked wood.

whirlingmerc

We probably should not try and guess who God will draw to Himself and who He won't.

Jesus spent time with outcasts but in the case of the short boss tax collector (Zackius), Zack climbed a tree to see Jesus and was repentant paying back quadruple what he told.... so I think whoever was the truly more repentant and not for superficial outward reasons, Jesus would spend tilme with.

Perhaps the two worse kings of Israel, Ahab and Manassah, repented and God took note. The Ninlevites were brutal and harsh but repented and God took note. So, whoever had a heart more tender toward God and the more repentant; however God draws people and opens hearts for people to repent by grace and so perhaps we cannot say ahead of time and God may make very surprising choices at times.

Free Speech

I think Jesus would find much of today's Christianity to be strange and alien to him, especially considering that a lot of what many contemporary Christians have embraced goes against what he taught.
Its really difficult to know who the real jesus is from the resource available

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Both!

He spent time with the outcasts as well as His disciples.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
omg...I got the answer to the question.....right!

and I didn't have to read any post.....not even the op

Thief

Rogue Theologian
th