• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who besides Mussolini accomplished this?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm about to go on another Il Duce tangent, but this question is the topic I mainly want to focus on. Besides Mussolini, who else are the people who took control of a Democracy without military action or a coup, and turned it into a one party state, declaring themselves to be the nation's Dictator?

Such people accomplish what seems impossible to me. When Mussolini marched on Rome, he did so with confidence. That would be like founding your own government, marching on Capitol Hill ( believing that you can replace the president); the president declares a state of emergency (as the prime minister of Italy did) and the other politicians override him, replace him with you, and three years later you declare yourself to be Dictator of America, and the nation enables you.

I'm really fascinated by such people , so let me know who they are that I may pay them homage.

For now, I only know of Il Duce.

th
th
th
th
th
th
th

To accomplish such a task without a coup or military intervention is a god-like quality in my book.

Im crushed that he sided with Hitler, and his military sucked, but he had Godlike qualities nonetheless

He was also the youngest prime minister in Italian history at that time, and improved the economy, created jobs, made the country great again, stirred up patriotism, restored order, created the indepentant vatican city state, motivated the demoralized, made religion fun and exciting, inspired and entertained countless people worldwide, made working more fun, erected awesome monuments and structures, uprooted the errors of atheist communism, declared independence from corrupt banking systems, and was a media sensation internationally.

Dreams of building a Roman Empire destroyed him, and he also felt he needed Hitler's help to fight the spread of atheist communism. But how many real good men are out there? Even God killed the first born of Egypt and committed genocide in Scripture. Il Duce wasn't worse than most men imo

He is demonized way too much , mocked, hated, and the world mainly ignorant of his many good qualities. It's unjust!

I despise what i see from Nazis, skinheads, racists , and anti-semites, but I've studied Il Duce thoroughly , and know him personally. He is so far above all that , and I can't bear to see him so misunderstood and good qualities unrecognized.

My room is a shrine to him and the outside of the door to my apartment gives a thorough defense and explanation of Il Duce and Fascism:

It is the 100 year anniversary of the fascist party which was founded in 1919

Fascism is not anti-Semitic, it is anti-Marxist, anti-secularist, anti-selfishness, anti-hedonism, anti-communist. The Duce loved his country and labored for her night and day. I've studied the Fascist Doctrine and know the soul of it, and fascism worked economic miracles. If the leader knows what is best for the people, is not racist (and doesn't invade other nations), it works, and will bring the nation to golden years.

To some people, Jesus is a dead guy. Not to Christians. Likewise, I consider the Spirit of Il Duce to live on, and Fascism is also Religion and the one I find most helpful, but it is interior, peaceful, humble, pure, and charitable. I want everyone to be happy and so does he. Il Duce says "sorry" and

"Happy Bastille day!" :)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Oh crap! The title of this thread was supposed to be, "Who besides Mussolini accomplished this"? Can a Mod please change the title. Not sure how that happened lol

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Why don't you tell all the Ethiopian that Mussolini viciously slaughter because he thought they were inferior because their race and therefore didn't deserve sovereignty whether if he was racist or not. The man was a racist. Here is a racist manifesto he endorsed:

http://ww2.d155.org/pr/tdirectory/A...dar/Attachments/232/The Manifesto of Race.pdf

Excerpt:
7. IT IS TIME THAT ITALIANS DECLARE THEMSELVES RACIST. All the work that the Regime has done until now in Italy is essentially a form of racism. The invocation of the concepts of the race has always been very frequent in the speeches of our Leader. The issue of racism in Italy must be dealt with from a purely biological point of view, without any philosophical or religious implications. The concept of racism in Italy must be essentially Italian and its orientation must be Aryan‐Nordic. This does not mean, however, that we should introduce in Italy the theories of German racism as they are, or say that Italians and Scandinavians are the same thing. It simply means, instead, that we offer to the Italians a physical and, more importantly, a psychological model of human race, which, given its purely European characters, is completely different from all the extra‐European races, and this means to raise every Italian to an ideal of higher self‐ consciousness and of greater responsibility.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We have one such person ruling in India now, our Prime Minister, Narendra Modi. He has decimated the opposition. He has not declared himself to be the dictator and will never do so (going by the example of Indira Gandhi, who for two years turned a dictator and was hated for it. Moreover, such a step is inexpedient in today's world. A leader has to win by popular choice). A lower caste person, who in the childhood was a poor tea-boy at a non-discript railway station in Gujarat, and now is the beloved of the nation.

narendra_modi_109.jpg

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I just can't bear to see such a person only recognized as Hitler's ally. Napoleon was worse, and it's okay to applaud him. Il Duce had such potential to accomplish the impossible and did indeed do so.

Mussolini originally found the Nazi Regime to be barbaric, did not want Hitler to invade Poland or annex Austria, did not want war, had Jews in his fascist party, but in the end decided to compromise unfortunately. As France was about to surrender, Germany conquered most of Europe, and it looked like Fascism was destined to dominate western Europe, which would help him resurrect a Roman Empire and defeat the soviet union. Many of us would have fallen into the same errors were we in that position.

His dream of building a Roman Empire was not good, but he could have made an interesting Caesar.

Yes, sometimes leaders of nations have to oversee the killing of those who corrupt the land. Abraham Lincoln had to make decisions that lead to hundreds of thousands of deaths, in order to end slavery and crush the rebellion. Mussolini was up against communism, multiple failed assassination attempts, and he wasn’t all knowing so he made some mistakes. But over 99.9% of people do not have the courage, the patriotism, the ingenuity, the faith, the audacity, the self-confidence, the steadfastness, or the determination to accomplish what he did. He is a figure who should be appreciated and there is much we can learn from him, including his mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Why don't you tell all the Ethiopian that Mussolini viciously slaughter because he thought they were inferior because their race and therefore didn't deserve sovereignty whether if he was racist or not. The man was a racist. Here is a racist manifesto he endorsed:

http://ww2.d155.org/pr/tdirectory/APetersen/Lists/19th 20th Century World History Calendar/Attachments/232/The Manifesto of Race.pdf

Excerpt:
7. IT IS TIME THAT ITALIANS DECLARE THEMSELVES RACIST. All the work that the Regime has done until now in Italy is essentially a form of racism. The invocation of the concepts of the race has always been very frequent in the speeches of our Leader. The issue of racism in Italy must be dealt with from a purely biological point of view, without any philosophical or religious implications. The concept of racism in Italy must be essentially Italian and its orientation must be Aryan‐Nordic. This does not mean, however, that we should introduce in Italy the theories of German racism as they are, or say that Italians and Scandinavians are the same thing. It simply means, instead, that we offer to the Italians a physical and, more importantly, a psychological model of human race, which, given its purely European characters, is completely different from all the extra‐European races, and this means to raise every Italian to an ideal of higher self‐ consciousness and of greater responsibility.

There are claims that he boasted of raping a virgin and all kinds of other garbage. The victors rewrite history.

His goal was to build a Roman Empire, and he thought he could manage the resources better than them. He thought in the end he would enhance the quality of lives by conquering land. He made a big mistake that you may have made had you the ability to accomplish what he did. Pride comes before the fall.

The Reverend Bob

I just can't bear to see such a person only recognized as Hitler's ally. Napoleon was worse, and it's okay to applaud him. Il Duce had such potential to accomplish the impossible and did indeed do so.

Mussolini originally found the Nazi Regime to be barbaric, did not want Hitler to invade Poland or annex Austria, did not want war, had Jews in his fascist party, but in the end decided to compromise unfortunately. As France was about to surrender, Germany conquered most of Europe, and it looked like Fascism was destined to dominate western Europe, which would help him resurrect a Roman Empire and defeat the soviet union. Many of us would have fallen into the same errors were we in that position.

His dream of building a Roman Empire was not good, but he could have made an interesting Caesar.

Yes, sometimes leaders of nations have to oversee the killing of those who corrupt the land. Abraham Lincoln had to make decisions that lead to hundreds of thousands of deaths, in order to end slavery and crush the rebellion. He was up against communism, multiple failed assassination attempts, and he wasn’t all knowing so he made some mistakes. But over 99.9% of people do not have the courage, the patriotism, the ingenuity, the faith, the audacity, the self-confidence, the steadfastness, or the determination to accomplish what he did. He is a figure who should be appreciated and there is much we can learn from him, including his mistakes.
He would have had you executed for being unfit. Think about it. He would have put you in a cage and starved you to death like he did so many of those with issues

The Reverend Bob

There are claims that he boasted of raping a virgin and all kinds of other garbage. The victors rewrite history.

His goal was to build a Roman Empire, and he thought he could manage the resources better than them. He thought in the end he would enhance the quality of lives by conquering land. He made a big mistake that you may have made had you the ability to accomplish what he did. Pride comes before the fall.
He was racist by the things and ideas he endorsed

Spiderman

Veteran Member
He would have had you executed for being unfit. Think about it. He would have put you in a cage and starved you to death like he did so many of those with issues

I would have been supporting his regime and been willing to go to a cage for the better of society and the better of the economy. I think he’d let me be free if I were law abiding and supporting the regime. He probably had mentally ill people in his party. The patriotism, the symbols, the fervor, the hysteria, the joy, the monuments, and the euphoria in fascist Italy would have replaced my need for drugs.

Fascism as a Religion is my best weapon for staying sober.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

http://ww2.d155.org/pr/tdirectory/APetersen/Lists/19th 20th Century World History Calendar/Attachments/232/The Manifesto of Race.pdf

Excerpt:
Just in case...the 1st point of the Manifesto clarifies there are absolutely not inferior or superior races. But since race is a biological concept, Italians' national obligation is to preserve it through Mendelian eugenics. Nothing more, nothing less.

The Reverend Bob

Just in case...the 1st point of the Manifesto clarifies there are absolutely not inferior or superior races. But since race is a biological concept, Italians' national obligation is to preserve it through Mendelian eugenics. Nothing more, nothing less.
I know double-speak when i see it.