• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who believes that both Creationism and Evolution to be false?

shawn001

Because I believe that evidence about giant humans is systematically supressed to save the "human from ape" theory.

"systematically supressed" By who?

By the time you keep going on the giants you could actually learn we evolved from the great apes for a fact. Its proven and a done deal, it isn't "suppressed" because the evidence is there for anyone who wishes to take the time and learn about it from biology, chemistry, dna and other fields of science.

You don't get even mammals evolved before there was anything like a human to begin with, everything has eveolved and we have total proof of that fact.

Mitochondrial DNA Eve

Mitochondrial Eve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New Research Confirms 'Out Of Africa' Theory Of Human Evolution

New Research Confirms 'Out Of Africa' Theory Of Human Evolution

New Human Species Discovered: Mitochondrial Genome of Previously Unknown Hominins from Siberia Decoded

New human species discovered: Mitochondrial genome of previously unknown hominins from Siberia decoded

Ancient Humans Were Mixing It Up: Anatomically Modern Humans Interbred With More Archaic Hominin Forms While in Africa

Ancient humans were mixing it up: Anatomically modern humans interbred with more archaic hominin forms while in Africa

New Research Proves Single Origin Of Humans In Africa

New Research Proves Single Origin Of Humans In Africa

religion99

fantôme profane;2845311 said:
What do you believe those "giant humans" evolved from?

I believe there is never ending evolution-degeneration cycle. Evolution follows Degeneration , which follows Evolution which follows Degeneration and so on.

Currently , we are in degenerating trajectory. Our heights , weights , mortality and intelligence are decreasing. Eventually , the trend will be reversed (after 40,000 years) and we'll be on the upward trajectory.

shawn001

I believe there is never ending evolution-degeneration cycle. Evolution follows Degeneration , which follows Evolution which follows Degeneration and so on.

Currently , we are in degenerating trajectory. Our heights , weights , mortality and intelligence are decreasing. Eventually , the trend will be reversed (after 40,000 years) and we'll be on the upward trajectory.

"Evolution follows Degeneration"

Yeah called extintion.

There is no de-evolution. You would also have to believe in the evolutionary process in the first place and how things evolved before you could hypothesis de-evolution.

Evolution is change? Humans won't de-evolve back into an earlier homind.

" Eventually , the trend will be reversed (after 40,000 years) and we'll be on the upward trajectory."

we have mapped the human genome, so in the future we are startiing to manipulate our genes, by "turning them on and off" and because we understand the processs of evolution, just like we understand breeding specific traits into say dogs, we will start self designing gene's for certain traits for health and other reasons.

mortality has increased for the most part.

Looncall

What evidence do you have that any of this is true?

Looncall

Good luck.
He has yet to provide any actual evidence, even when I flat out asked him earlier in the thread.

I expect you are right. However, I think that people who spout such nonsense should be called out on it persistently, if only to protect our lurking friends.

religion99

fantôme profane;2845311 said:
What do you believe those "giant humans" evolved from?

According to Jainism , times on the earth is divided into two parts: "times of
pleasures" followed by "times of actions". During "times of pleasures", nobody has to do any work to survive. Environment was very pleasant, filled with abundance of gold , music , fruits , vegetables and light. All animals and humans are vegetarian.
Resources where plentiful.

During "times of action" , people have to work together to extract resources from Earth and survive.

Thus , current human civilization have evolved from the ancient human tribes. These tribes lived in extremely pleasant environment were they had noting to do but enjoy life.

shawn001

pleasures" followed by "times of actions". During "times of pleasures", nobody has to do any work to survive. Environment was very pleasant, filled with abundance of gold , music , fruits , vegetables and light. All animals and humans are vegetarian.

During "times of action" , people have to work together to extract resources from Earth and survive.

Thus , current human civilization have evolved from the ancient human tribes. These tribes lived in extremely pleasant environment were they had noting to do but enjoy life.

The first flower

Archaefructus liaoningensis would never have made the cover of Better Homes & Gardens. But this 125 million-year-old plant, discovered in fossil beds in northeastern China, did grace the cover of Science. It’s heralded as the earliest known angiosperm, or flowering plant.

NOVA | First Flower | PBS

So we have proof flowers evolved and so did all life on earth.

"All animals and humans are vegetarian."

How to you explain T-rex? Sharks? Bears? Ect..

Or that we evolved as omnivores and can trace the evolution of the process in brain size, cognition and stone tools.

religion99

"All animals and humans are vegetarian."

How to you explain T-rex? Sharks? Bears? Ect..

Or that we evolved as omnivores and can trace the evolution of the process in brain size, cognition and stone tools.

I meant all animals and humans have evolved from vegetarians to omnivores.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I meant all animals and humans have evolved from vegetarians to omnivores.
:help::facepalm::shrug::rolleyes:
anyways thats not what happened, nor does that agree with any of the evidence. infact eating meat and fish was a huge part of our evolution (last i read)

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
So are spiders... and besides having carnivores omnivores and herbavores lead to an arms race of sorts, impacting what how why thing evolved. And the ecosystem needs carnivores

gnostic

The Lost One
I really don't see the needs to always compare evolution with creationism, when evolution has nothing with the origin of 1st life on Earth.

Darwin's natural selection has to with the life that exist, and with the mechanism of biological changes and with common ancestry. There are plenty of evidences to support fitness for survival, when the environment changes.

While creationism is nothing more than a myth and belief in ancient superstitions, where people never really understand the law of nature or the law of physics. And since they don't nature, they contribute it to spirits, demons, fairies or deities. That people still continue to believe in creation myth, only display their devotion, blind faith, and unwillingness or incapability to understand science due that faith.

Even more apparent is the fact that evolution is part of the knowledge in biology, nothing in any religious scripture that deal with creation myth has any value to biology.

gnostic

The Lost One
As to the Lovelock "giant". There are no evidences to support the notion of "giant".

If there were giants in the Lovelock cave, I would think that there would be more evidences to support it, elsewhere in Nevada.

Looncall

Except that all the available evidence shows otherwise.

So much for jainism.