• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are you to question God? really...

chinu

chinu
If you stood in his presence today would you ask him these very questions you post here?
Says god.. You know lady B, These sweet tricks of them to search me, gives me a big pleasure, so don't stop, just let them. :D
Let me ask you,have you ever been to court? And had a judge before you? if not just imagine... Sure your brave at first and have your attorney beside you, speaking boldly on your behalf and you have all hope he will do what you have paid him to do...but What happens when it is left to the judge? Final day of sentencing, do you scream out what an unfair system we have? Do you mock the judge? Tell him he is nothing? And has no power over you? Or do you my dear friend,humbly go before him with fear and trembling and beg for his mercy..... Have you ever felt that trembling fear? Like, whoa, he could do anything to me and I have no defense really against him?
Says god.. Don't worry lady B, They all are my childrens and they are very dear to me, i always want their betterment, There's no need to beg for any mercy because i never interfere between them, or between their fights, all i have to give is justice between all of them equallly. So.. i don't care.. Tho shall they sow, so they will reap. :shrug:, But i have to give justice. its complusory.

So.. Don't stop let them.:)
Have you ever been in front of your president? Or leader? All these things you scream about in facebook or social forums, would you really say in front of a powerful being? Would you say the same things you say in your mothers basement in your underwear,hiding behind a screen and keyboard to an authoritative figure? Do you ever feel underdressed in front of respected persons or maybe that your home isn't clean enough for guests? Have you ever even imagined yourself dumbstruck, in awe? In perfect submission ? Knowing your life depends on what you say right now?
Says god, Don't worry lady B, am omnipreasent i can listen everything, all they are doing is they are just delaying to understand me, and as they delaying to understand me they are delaying permanent peace/joy/heaven, there is no any other place of permanent peace and joy other than me/my place in this universe. So don't stop.. let them. :)
You all amaze me with your fearlessness, your bravery, How easy it is for you to question God, how easy it is for you to say horrid things against his character, to question his judgment, to deem him unfit, to call him narcissistic, to say he is evil to send anyone to hell, to say he designed men to fail and so it is his fault we do so. Who are you speaking this to ? To whom are you so boldly questioning? Who are you so arrogant towards? Against who? Me? Religious entities? Fellow Rf posters? door to door evangelists? Maybe even world wide web users? so brave you are....
Says god, You know lady B, By doing this they are going far from me, as they are going far from me they are going far from "Me" and my place, and if they going far from my place they are going far from Heaven/Salvation, So.. Don't stop, let them. :)
I will ask you, what gives you this boldness? Who is behind you now? Who has your back? Fellow atheists? agnostics? Science? your meditations? What are you trusting in really? I will tell you, your trusting in men, your trusting in created minds and not the very creator! the one you will one day stand before and your tongue will not even wag, your voice will be gone, you who have made your own God or seen yourselves as your own God, and hey, as Gods tell me what did you create? while you have been in control of your own destiny, what have you really found? how have you furthered your own species? I tell you one day you will see all your knowledge, your wisdom and your imaginings as dust. DUST ! Nothing... All your science and your ideas and your questions and your denials are nothing, you will be speechless and you will have no representative beside you, none will speak for you, or give your qualifications, none will submit your great philosophical resume..You will answer to one God, one Holy God , one creator, one judge, He will ask of you...
" what did you do with this life I gave you?"
don't even think what you will say, you will get no say, you will get no argument, there is no debate my friend....
No lady B no.. i'll never ask them such questions, if they are wasting their expencive time in this and that things, they are wasting their own time, I gave them the human mind to come closer to me and get permanent joy and peace which is their own property, and am always waiting for them to come and take, if they are delaying they are delaying themself. But please don't stop, let them do what they want, let them think what they want. :)
I have heard many rebuttals already, trust me what you can say is not new to me, nor to God.Here they are....If you are wrong, so what..You were deceived...If You are wrong well it is not your fault, God wasn't clear.....If You are wrong well so how can God punish what he designed from the beginning? so what? You die and cease to exist, from dust you came to dust you go.there is nothing beyond so why should you care..you Will wish it so, but it is not the truth, death is not your end, you will face that Holy God whether you choose in this life to acknowledge him or not, you will face him and you will bow before him and you will not speak a word........
What are you saying this lady B, You know what is ment by facing me ? facing me means facing salvation/libration/permanent peace and joy, With the great fortune one gets this, and those who are unaware of me.. how can they face me ? insted of me they will face the devil. So don't stop, let them. :)
Do I wish this for you? Do I wish one day you will see what we have told you and you will be sorry and we will gloat? and say "neener neener,I told ya so"? No my friend I do not wish the wrath of God on anyone, I beg you to show respect, I beg you to question rightously, I beg you to stop this slander and seek your answers meekly, as If you need answers and not as you do now, allready knowing all. I wish you would stop questioning God as if he is your mailman, as if he is your buddy who let you down as if he was the waitress who got your order wrong....
Says God.. don't beg lady B, Just think of yourself, i think you yourself have not understood me correctly and you are begging others to do so. :)

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
You know I just have to wonder after seeing countless threads, one after another questioning God, what would you have done different? Seriously, you who constantly condemn God's judgments, who are you really? Are you so big you can go against God himself? If you stood in his presence today would you ask him these very questions you post here?
Yes, I would have done it differently, and better.

If I can come up with better ideas than a God, he's not much of a God. I have no fear of such a being. And yes, I'd say so to his face.

You can be a coward if you like, and live longer, but there's no glory in blind obedience.

The coward believes he will live forever
If he holds back in the battle,
But in old age he shall have no peace
Though spears have spared his limbs

- Havamal

Last edited:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
yes sure there are, and I could go and be comfy and never be questioned. this is not my issue friends. I love genuine concerns, I love debating, I certainly do not expect that everyone believe as I do, you know good and well I am not saying any such thing. I am asking you, really I am pleading with you, stop this arrogance, stop talking to my God His God our God as if he is beneath you. as if you are the supreme being here because you took some philosophy courses and you have every right to talk down to God himself. no you don't my friend, you just don't.

I find this offensive. It against my core belifes.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
I think that if God had not wanted us to question Him, He wouldn't have given us the ability to do so.

So, to answer the question of who am I to question God: I am a man created with the abilty to think, analyze, and reason. Traits given to me "in the image" of my Maker.

Awoon

You know I just have to wonder after seeing countless threads, one after another questioning God, what would you have done different? Seriously, you who constantly condemn God's judgments, who are you really? Are you so big you can go against God himself? If you stood in his presence today would you ask him these very questions you post here?

Let me ask you,have you ever been to court? And had a judge before you? if not just imagine... Sure your brave at first and have your attorney beside you, speaking boldly on your behalf and you have all hope he will do what you have paid him to do...but What happens when it is left to the judge? Final day of sentencing, do you scream out what an unfair system we have? Do you mock the judge? Tell him he is nothing? And has no power over you? Or do you my dear friend,humbly go before him with fear and trembling and beg for his mercy..... Have you ever felt that trembling fear? Like, whoa, he could do anything to me and I have no defense really against him?

Have you ever been in front of your president? Or leader? All these things you scream about in facebook or social forums, would you really say in front of a powerful being? Would you say the same things you say in your mothers basement in your underwear,hiding behind a screen and keyboard to an authoritative figure? Do you ever feel underdressed in front of respected persons or maybe that your home isn't clean enough for guests? Have you ever even imagined yourself dumbstruck, in awe? In perfect submission ? Knowing your life depends on what you say right now?

You all amaze me with your fearlessness, your bravery, How easy it is for you to question God, how easy it is for you to say horrid things against his character, to question his judgment, to deem him unfit, to call him narcissistic, to say he is evil to send anyone to hell, to say he designed men to fail and so it is his fault we do so. Who are you speaking this to ? To whom are you so boldly questioning? Who are you so arrogant towards? Against who? Me? Religious entities? Fellow Rf posters? door to door evangelists? Maybe even world wide web users? so brave you are....

I will ask you, what gives you this boldness? Who is behind you now? Who has your back? Fellow atheists? agnostics? Science? your meditations? What are you trusting in really? I will tell you, your trusting in men, your trusting in created minds and not the very creator! the one you will one day stand before and your tongue will not even wag, your voice will be gone, you who have made your own God or seen yourselves as your own God, and hey, as Gods tell me what did you create? while you have been in control of your own destiny, what have you really found? how have you furthered your own species? I tell you one day you will see all your knowledge, your wisdom and your imaginings as dust. DUST ! Nothing... All your science and your ideas and your questions and your denials are nothing, you will be speechless and you will have no representative beside you, none will speak for you, or give your qualifications, none will submit your great philosophical resume..You will answer to one God, one Holy God , one creator, one judge, He will ask of you...
" what did you do with this life I gave you?"
don't even think what you will say, you will get no say, you will get no argument, there is no debate my friend....

I have heard many rebuttals already, trust me what you can say is not new to me, nor to God.Here they are....If you are wrong, so what..You were deceived...If You are wrong well it is not your fault, God wasn't clear.....If You are wrong well so how can God punish what he designed from the beginning? so what? You die and cease to exist, from dust you came to dust you go.there is nothing beyond so why should you care..you Will wish it so, but it is not the truth, death is not your end, you will face that Holy God whether you choose in this life to acknowledge him or not, you will face him and you will bow before him and you will not speak a word........

Do I wish this for you? Do I wish one day you will see what we have told you and you will be sorry and we will gloat? and say "neener neener,I told ya so"? No my friend I do not wish the wrath of God on anyone, I beg you to show respect, I beg you to question rightously, I beg you to stop this slander and seek your answers meekly, as If you need answers and not as you do now, allready knowing all. I wish you would stop questioning God as if he is your mailman, as if he is your buddy who let you down as if he was the waitress who got your order wrong....

Think about it my friend, who are you exactly? How is it that you can be so arrogant? So self worthy to say this God of Abraham is so unfair, so unjust, so evil minded? I fear for your attempt at bravery within your peers, stand alone and put yourself standing before this God you deny you know, Yes you know him, you deceive yourself well enough to say you don't know him, but He has written himself on every heart, most of you have studied his word to use it against his own...You know him....:facepalm:

The "God/Man" Jesus said to do just that. Matthew 7:7,8. Ask Questions.
He didnt say that one can find answers in books or bibles.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Questioning God and genuinly seeking truth is not the problem, arrogant blaspheme is. The very audacity to say God is less than Holy and perfect even If we do not understand, this is the horror I see all day here. It is not a rant, it is a pleading, please people show some respect, God is not your neighbor who built his fence on your lot ! You cannot sue God, you cannot take him to court! you will however be in his court one day.

This might seem like blasphemy to you, but they are valid philosophical questions that seek to define god and attempt to explain and give reason to what is meant by the term "god".

I believe every man knows there is a God, whether you choose to acknowledge his existance or not, you do know. maybe You don't know him well, but you do know he exists .

I find this statement to be more doubt on your behalf and any who use such an irrational statement in order to try to validate and justify a belief in god.

I do not care to argue your denials, I care to encourage you all to have some respect

I have respect for all beliefs, just because I question a belief, doesn't mean it's showing disrespect. Turn this around, and maybe you should show some respect to those with valid reasons to question the existence of god.

why do you come now to defend yourself against what you don't know for sure?

No one can say with 100 % accuracy that a god does or does not exist.

But let me ask you please, you who label themselves Godless, why are you here? really why are you here? why are you questioning creation, serpents,hell, angels, laws and prophets? why do you care?

Some find debate useful for many reasons. Just because there are atheists and agnostics here, doesn't automatically mean that they are here solely for their own amusement.

I was going to keep going through and post replies to your complaints, but I'll just make a statement. People question god for a variety of reasons, and I've seen many here do so on genuine philosophical concerns. This does not mean they are being disrespectful. Are there those here who simply are disrespectful to theists? Absolutely. But, on the other side of the coin, some of your same complaints could be leveled at theists and how they treat non-theists. Respect should be required all around, but it's not always going to happen. Just ignore the disrespectful, especially those who do so simply for their own enjoyment.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
The question does not arise for me.

Lady B, who are you to question The Great Pink Unicorn...really.

That is the question you are asking of someone who does not accept the existence of something that you do. And to say that everyone really really knows deep down that god exists is patronising, arrogant and offensive. One is being dismissive of the minds of others. My way or the highway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
etc, etc, etc.

:facepalm:

It's not "questioning god", it's questioning the irrational, arbitrary, unsubstantiated, inconsistent, contradictory, unjust, and downright ridiculous nonsense that people have attributed to to the concept of god. Religions, holy texts, etc. are just the attempt by mere mortals to put words in god's mouth. You need to learn that the concept god and how people perceive and portray the concept of god are two separate things. If there is a god, then he gifted you with the ability to reason. Why do you squander his gift?

I do recall that this has already been explained to you before on multiple occasions. :shrug:

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I care to encourage you all to have some respect
The primitive superstitions of ancient savages are simply not worthy of respect. There very well could be a god, but there's no valid reason to accept the biblical presentation of such. The bible does not have a monopoly on god, and people have perfectly good reason to reject and be repulsed by the bible and its contents. If I claimed that George Washington drank the blood of kittens, would your disbelief and rejection of that claim equal disrespect toward George Washington? Of course not.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Why is it arrogant and blasphemous to question or deny or declare unholy your god, Lady B, yet you are not arrogant and blasphemous for denying, questioning, or not accepting the holiness of Zeus or Cernunnos or Pan or Athena or Isis or any number of other gods?

InvestigateTruth

I believe every man knows there is a God, whether you choose to acknowledge his existance or not, you do know. maybe You don't know him well, but you do know he exists .

Well, you might be directing this to Atheists. I don't know...
But, from my perspective, even if everyone believes in a God, that does not mean, they believe in a True God.
So, yes, I believe there is a God. While I do not agree that the God that some others believe is the True God. This is what they imagine.
For example, some people may believe God has a physical Body, and even though they believe in Only One God. Even though they believe the name of that God is Allah, or Yahweh. Then even though I believe the True God is Allah or Yahweh, I still believe they have imagined falsely about Allah or Yahweh, since they attribute a physical body to Him.

To me, there is no difference between making a physical Idol and call it Allah or Yahweh, or Making an Idol in your mind, and imagination, and call it Allah or Yahweh.
Both of them are idolatry.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Remember, there are forums on the web that will not question God.
However, I recall an amazement at the non-judgmental reactions presented here that may not be present among those other forums.:shrug:

yes sure there are, and I could go and be comfy and never be questioned. this is not my issue friends. I love genuine concerns, I love debating, I certainly do not expect that everyone believe as I do, you know good and well I am not saying any such thing. I am asking you, really I am pleading with you, stop this arrogance, stop talking to my God His God our God as if he is beneath you. as if you are the supreme being here because you took some philosophy courses and you have every right to talk down to God himself. no you don't my friend, you just don't.
When you ask everyone to "stop talking to my God His God our God as if he is beneath you", you are indeed expecting everyone to believe as you do.
I do not expect you to believe my God is greater than man. Why should you expect me to believe your God is greater than man?
I was once a devout Christian, and it was through extensive study of the Bible, and the history of the church, that I realized that this concept of God was not worthy of my worship. Today, I welcome questions about my belief in a deistic "first cause". And if you believe my concept of God is "beneath you", so be it.
I do not demand that others respect my concept of God. That would be the very definition of arrogance,

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I believe every man knows there is a God, whether you choose to acknowledge his existance or not, you do know. maybe You don't know him well, but you do know he exists.

Then you are wrong.

I do not care to argue your denials, I care to encourage you all to have some respect, show some submissiveness

Why? Why should I show respect for a concept created by humans that I find ridiculous?

did you create yourself?

No, my parents did, not your god. I show them respect and the submissiveness they're due. That's because they're real.

do you have all the answers really?

Nope. Do you?

is no higher being held in great esteem to you?

Depends. I admire many human beings, but no, there is no "higher being" that I hold in great esteem, since none of them exists.

But let me ask you please, you who label themselves Godless, why are you here? really why are you here? why are you questioning creation, serpents,hell, angels, laws and prophets? why do you care? are you here to entertain us all in your master debating skills or how well you can research wilkipedia? are you just amazed at these idiots who follow abrahamic traditions and bow before a unworthy God?

You gave some reasons some atheists come here. The most popular one is that religion is a fascinating subject and one that it's hard to discuss in real life because of the emotional nature of it.

Look I respect evryone will have his own mind, follow his own desires, what I cannot respect is disrespect. I have seen enough, I had enough.

It depends. If you're talking about respecting people or things that are real, then yes, I agree, people should do it. But we're talking about a concept. There's no reason people should respect a concept they think is ridiculous with respect and awe.

no-body

To me it is a double standard, you are allowed to put me in with your beliefs and God but I cannot do the same for you and your religion. Just because I don't believe in what you believe doesn't mean I don't get offended when you insist on using your standards to judge the behavior of others, not to mention wanting to inject it into mainstream society and government. Of course we are going to question your God and beliefs.

Deservedly so too. My only options are to do as your monster God asks and submit to his kangaroo court or side with the valiant, noble and brave Satan who knows he will be destroyed along with his followers but does the job anyways.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
You know I just have to wonder after seeing countless threads, one after another questioning God, what would you have done different? Seriously, you who constantly condemn God's judgments, who are you really? ...
Sorry, folks, but this strikes me as so ...
... so Christian.​
A good many learned Jews would tell you that two of Abraham's greatest moments occur very close to one another: the first being the greeting of the strangers and the second being the challenging of God. Moses likewise questions God later in the text.

So, "who are you really?"

Irrespective of how one might view Torah or God, we are a remarkable species [perhaps created b'tzelem 'elohim] with a brain and the capacity for moral discernment, and the responsibility to use both. Really.