• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are you to question God? really...

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Who are you speaking this to ? To whom are you so boldly questioning? Who are you so arrogant towards? Against who? Me? Religious entities? Fellow Rf posters? door to door evangelists? Maybe even world wide web users? so brave you are....

For people who you are claiming are largely ignorant, why does this question even matter?

I will ask you, what gives you this boldness? Who is behind you now? Who has your back? Fellow atheists? agnostics? Science? your meditations?
Who are you asking? this is to be expected

I have heard many rebuttals already, trust me what you can say is not new to me,
nor me

Do I wish this for you? Do I wish one day you will see what we have told you and you will be sorry and we will gloat? and say "neener neener,I told ya so"? No my friend I do not wish the wrath of God on anyone, I beg you to show respect, I beg you to question rightously, I beg you to stop this slander and seek your answers meekly, as If you need answers and not as you do now, allready knowing all. I wish you would stop questioning God as if he is your mailman, as if he is your buddy who let you down as if he was the waitress who got your order wrong....

Why, that's what people do

Think about it my friend, who are you exactly? How is it that you can be so arrogant?

I think you're taking offhand comments on an internet forum far too seriously

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Well all, I have decided to leave this forum, not dramaticly, just leaving. Thank you for your time, I wish the best for all of you, sincerally,B :)

All the best, B. I hope you have learned something that will be of practical use to you. And come back any time you please.

Warren Clark

Informer
You know I just have to wonder after seeing countless threads, one after another questioning God, what would you have done different? Seriously, you who constantly condemn God's judgments, who are you really? Are you so big you can go against God himself? If you stood in his presence today would you ask him these very questions you post here?

I have every right to judge something that is questionably even in his existence but even his motives.
If there is something so powerful as this god, I would have every right to say that he is most likely evil.
In his power young children do not have to die. But for some reason "he allows" it.
This is the case if he even exists.

I have every right in my existence to question your god and anyone else's.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Well all, I have decided to leave this forum, not dramaticly, just leaving. Thank you for your time, I wish the best for all of you, sincerally,B :)
I hope you realize that you will always be welcome here, by people of all different faiths and philosophies.

As a member of the awards committee, I can confirm that their was a reason we gave you that Shield of Valor.

Warren Clark

Informer
Well I have read over all the posts since I left last night, some of you have made rational arguments and some of you have only increased my fear for you. I am not really sure how to argue with some of you who just missed my point entirely, I have stated repeatedly that this is not about questioning scripture or even a particular view of God. It is about the person who can boldly say " I would walk right up to God and say it to his face" No you will not, sorry....
If that is arrogant on my behalf, so be it. I will not take back my concerns for you, I do not go around this site and Blaspheme your God's as you have claimed. Try to find one post from me calling your God evil, unworthy, despicable, narcissistic, a liar an animal, a power hungry being even sex crazed,sadistic and so much more.I have stated many times here, it is about lack of respect, seeing God as beneath you, and Boldly arrogantly seeking to dismantle any authority above your own.

Perhaps I have misspoken, perhaps I have taken too much upon myself, insulted you even, forgive me If that is how you see me.But be assured, I am not speaking to all of you who question rightly,You of course have this God given right, I didn't try to take it from you at all, I am trying to reach out to those who claim they will walk right up to God and spit in his face, that is all.

:facepalm:

The only reason you would not walk up to your god is because you fear him. We do not. He is a little punk that allows children to die. And if it calls for me being smitten so be it. I have quite a few questions for this entity you call God if he exists.
God is most definitely cruel and unusual.
Beyond that there is no reason to believe he even exists... so, all of that rant was really redundant.

Lady B

noob
I hope you realize that you will always be welcome here, by people of all different faiths and philosophies.

As a member of the awards committee, I can confirm that their was a reason we gave you that Shield of Valor.

I am not ungrateful , I just feel so defeated , I had something laid on my heart to share and really I feel just defeated , redundant word but I can't think of a better one...

no-body

I am not ungrateful , I just feel so defeated , I had something laid on my heart to share and really I feel just defeated , redundant word but I can't think of a better one...

If you didn't want anyone to debate your premise why did you post in debate?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

I find myself disagreeing with Christians far more than say, agnostics or Buddhists. I don't think it is as black & white as you are portraying

cheers

Kerr

I hope I didnt contribute to that feeling. I confess the OP did cause an emotional reaction that might have been unproportional. Thought your words where directed at everyone who disagreed with your faith, but you did clarify that later. If I understand you correctly, what you wanted to say was that you simply wish people would be more respectful towards God (as in calling him names and such things, not just questioning him)? Do you mean God in general?

Sorry if I ask questions now that you have decided to leave, I just feel I owe you the benefit of a doubt.

Lady B

noob
The only reason you would not walk up to your god is because you fear him. We do not. He is a little punk that allows children to die. And if it calls for me being smitten so be it. I have quite a few questions for this entity you call God if he exists.
God is most definitely cruel and unusual.
Beyond that there is no reason to believe he even exists... so, all of that rant was really redundant.

This:facepalm:

Lady B

noob
If it is the literal God of the bible that Christians describe then yeah, I will. At least I will make my point in how badly he has failed his creation. Unless when I die I lose my free will in which case I will at least think of what an evil monster he is before he condemns me and hypnotizes me into doing what he says.
This:facepalm:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
It's adolescent acting out, Lady B. Ignore it, or laugh at it. It really isn't worth you getting upset. Really. :kissbette

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
I mostly skimmed through the thread, but this post hit my eye. I might be a bystander, but I appreciate the effort you put into standing up for your beliefs. However it looks to me like you're trying too hard. The whole world (not even as small a world as RF) isn't your responsibility to change. There will always be someone that disagrees with you. It's not often personal. However I understand that when you bring up such a personal matter it's not easy to not to take it personally when someone doesn't seem to understand what you're trying to say.

Take a rest. Go do something else in a while. RF isn't going anywhere.

Lady B

noob
I hope I didnt contribute to that feeling. I confess the OP did cause an emotional reaction that might have been unproportional. Thought your words where directed at everyone who disagreed with your faith, but you did clarify that later. If I understand you correctly, what you wanted to say was that you simply wish people would be more respectful towards God (as in calling him names and such things, not just questioning him)? Do you mean God in general?

Sorry if I ask questions now that you have decided to leave, I just feel I owe you the benefit of a doubt.
That is exactly what I have said, not tried to say. I took great care to say this is a matter of respect for A God, his God our God any God. A being to respect, a higher authority, something above you and me, our creator however you view him, I did use Abrahamic God because that is where I see the disrespect whether it is at mine, Islams, or Jew's. I tried to clarify when my post was taken way off course and bring it back to respect, but I have been beaten down once again for daring to touch on a problem that does exist here.

Lady B

noob
I mostly skimmed through the thread, but this post hit my eye. I might be a bystander, but I appreciate the effort you put into standing up for your beliefs. However it looks to me like you're trying too hard. The whole world (not even as small a world as RF) isn't your responsibility to change. There will always be someone that disagrees with you. It's not often personal. However I understand that when you bring up such a personal matter it's not easy to not to take it personally when someone doesn't seem to understand what you're trying to say.

Take a rest. Go do something else in a while. RF isn't going anywhere.
Your right, I do take it personal, I really wish I were able to sit down and shut up when I see this disrespect from my fellow created human beings, YOur right God does not need your respect nor does he need me here trying to persuade anyone to think about how they discuss any God. He deserves it though and he demands it. One more time it is not about questioning or debating or seeking or denying, It is about respect. Someone asked me do I give respect to say Mohammad? Even though Mohammad is not God, nor does he try to be,I do give respect to him as a Islamic leader, I would never call him a blank blank . I may question him, but I will always try to respect him even he is a man, how much more would I try to respect His God? The God that he and all of Islam worship? Who am I to call him horrid names even if I question Islamic scriptures which we are right to do.....That Is an example, I am not asking you now to worship HIm or anyone......

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Your right, I do take it personal, I really wish I were able to sit down and shut up when I see this disrespect from my fellow created human beings, YOur right God does not need your respect nor does he need me here trying to persuade anyone to think about how they discuss any God. He deserves it though and he demands it. One more time it is not about questioning or debating or seeking or denying, It is about respect. Someone asked me do I give respect to say Mohammad? Even though Mohammad is not God, nor does he try to be,I do give respect to him as a Islamic leader, I would never call him a blank blank . I may question him, but I will always try to respect him even he is a man, how much more would I try to respect His God? The God that he and all of Islam worship? Who am I to call him horrid names even if I question Islamic scriptures which we are right to do.....That Is an example, I am not asking you now to worship HIm or anyone......

Do you give Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot etc. this same respect? If not then I think you can start to understand where some atheists come from when they call God "bad names"

Lady B

noob
Do you give Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot etc. this same respect? If not then I think you can start to understand where some atheists come from when they call God "bad names"
No, I do not understand it at all, I will never try to understand your analogy either, to me putting a God with evil men is rediculous at best.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Your right, I do take it personal, I really wish I were able to sit down and shut up when I see this disrespect from my fellow created human beings, YOur right God does not need your respect nor does he need me here trying to persuade anyone to think about how they discuss any God.
So, I guess there's no point to this thread, then.

He deserves it though and he demands it.
He doesn't need it, but he deserves and demands it? If he has to demand it, he doesn't deserve it, and if he doesn't need then he shouldn't demand it. Your God seems a bit of a fool.

One more time it is not about questioning or debating or seeking or denying, It is about respect. Someone asked me do I give respect to say Mohammad? Even though Mohammad is not God, nor does he try to be,I do give respect to him as a Islamic leader, I would never call him a blank blank . I may question him, but I will always try to respect him even he is a man, how much more would I try to respect His God? The God that he and all of Islam worship? Who am I to call him horrid names even if I question Islamic scriptures which we are right to do.....That Is an example, I am not asking you now to worship HIm or anyone......
But you don't seem to understand that having disdain for an idea is not the same thing as hating or "disrespecting" the literal thing that the idea is describing. When I say "your God seems a bit of a fool", I'm not calling the being a fool - because I don't believe that God exists. I'm saying that the way you're describing this fictional character makes them out to be a fool.

Lady B

noob
If a mod would like to help me change the title to be more depicting of my post,then please do, I am not sure how to word it, but it is not about respectful questioning or believing, I concede it was written in haste and probably not what I intended to say.