• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are you to question God? really...

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
If I come across to you as arrogant then for that I am sorry and you truly have missed my plea.:facepalm:
You really think I missed your "plea"?

You do not feel that your deity is capable of handling the insults of mere mortal men and are here demanding that everyone respect him.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
You know I just have to wonder after seeing countless threads, one after another questioning God, what would you have done different? Seriously, you who constantly condemn God's judgments, who are you really? Are you so big you can go against God himself? If you stood in his presence today would you ask him these very questions you post here?
That's an interesting question. What if I stood in the presence of Zeus, Vishnu, Shiva, or Odin? What would I say? Indeed, what would a Christian say? Kind of an awkward situation, right? All I can say is that it would be as uncomfortable for me as it would be for you. Kind of not what we would expect.

Let me ask you,have you ever been to court? And had a judge before you? if not just imagine... Sure your brave at first and have your attorney beside you, speaking boldly on your behalf and you have all hope he will do what you have paid him to do...but What happens when it is left to the judge? Final day of sentencing, do you scream out what an unfair system we have? Do you mock the judge? Tell him he is nothing? And has no power over you? Or do you my dear friend,humbly go before him with fear and trembling and beg for his mercy..... Have you ever felt that trembling fear? Like, whoa, he could do anything to me and I have no defense really against him?
Definitely the latter. I'm not one of these brave internet heroic atheists who say that they would prefer an infinity in hell before worshiping such a horrible being. No. I am a disgusting person who would do whatever it took to avoid the prospect of eternal torture.

Have you ever been in front of your president? Or leader? All these things you scream about in facebook or social forums, would you really say in front of a powerful being? Would you say the same things you say in your mothers basement in your underwear,hiding behind a screen and keyboard to an authoritative figure? Do you ever feel underdressed in front of respected persons or maybe that your home isn't clean enough for guests? Have you ever even imagined yourself dumbstruck, in awe? In perfect submission ? Knowing your life depends on what you say right now?
Yes. I hear you. That is a very frightening prospect.

You all amaze me with your fearlessness, your bravery, How easy it is for you to question God, how easy it is for you to say horrid things against his character, to question his judgment, to deem him unfit, to call him narcissistic, to say he is evil to send anyone to hell, to say he designed men to fail and so it is his fault we do so. Who are you speaking this to ? To whom are you so boldly questioning? Who are you so arrogant towards? Against who? Me? Religious entities? Fellow Rf posters? door to door evangelists? Maybe even world wide web users? so brave you are....
Fair question. At the moment, I would say it is primarily against you. No religious entities. Not fellow RF posters (although a few might wish to join you). Not door-to-door evangelists. Not worldwide-web users. Right now, it just seems to be just you. I don't know what power you wield. Maybe I am just a crazy fool. But, yes, it is just you that I am speaking to.

I will ask you, what gives you this boldness? Who is behind you now? Who has your back? Fellow atheists? agnostics? Science? your meditations? What are you trusting in really?
You got me there. I'm just trusting in myself. Other people are wholly blameless. No need to go after them.

I will tell you, your trusting in men, your trusting in created minds and not the very creator! the one you will one day stand before and your tongue will not even wag, your voice will be gone, you who have made your own God or seen yourselves as your own God, and hey, as Gods tell me what did you create? while you have been in control of your own destiny, what have you really found? how have you furthered your own species? I tell you one day you will see all your knowledge, your wisdom and your imaginings as dust. DUST ! Nothing... All your science and your ideas and your questions and your denials are nothing, you will be speechless and you will have no representative beside you, none will speak for you, or give your qualifications, none will submit your great philosophical resume..You will answer to one God, one Holy God , one creator, one judge, He will ask of you...
" what did you do with this life I gave you?"
don't even think what you will say, you will get no say, you will get no argument, there is no debate my friend....
You are so right. I don't want to offend you, but I'm not really so concerned about what YOU will say. I don't know whether God has deputized you to speak on his behalf, but I'm really a bit more intimidated by this God of yours than you. No offense. That's just my subjective perspective.

I have heard many rebuttals already, trust me what you can say is not new to me, nor to God.Here they are....If you are wrong, so what..You were deceived...If You are wrong well it is not your fault, God wasn't clear.....If You are wrong well so how can God punish what he designed from the beginning? so what? You die and cease to exist, from dust you came to dust you go.there is nothing beyond so why should you care..you Will wish it so, but it is not the truth, death is not your end, you will face that Holy God whether you choose in this life to acknowledge him or not, you will face him and you will bow before him and you will not speak a word........
I must admit that you are right. If the God you imagine to exist really exists--well, sucks to be me. You should be fine, however. And I suspect your God will be pleased with you that you warned me. If he doesn't exist--well, that just means that everything you've been saying is a load of BS. But that's a big IF, isn't it? :)

Do I wish this for you? Do I wish one day you will see what we have told you and you will be sorry and we will gloat? and say "neener neener,I told ya so"? No my friend I do not wish the wrath of God on anyone, I beg you to show respect, I beg you to question rightously, I beg you to stop this slander and seek your answers meekly, as If you need answers and not as you do now, allready knowing all. I wish you would stop questioning God as if he is your mailman, as if he is your buddy who let you down as if he was the waitress who got your order wrong....
OK, I'm getting uncomfortable here. You are feeling that I will somehow blame you, but that isn't true. I will remember your warning. Rest assured that I will hold you blameless. I will think: "Damn! Lady B tried to warn me. I wish that I had listened."

Think about it my friend, who are you exactly? How is it that you can be so arrogant? So self worthy to say this God of Abraham is so unfair, so unjust, so evil minded? I fear for your attempt at bravery within your peers, stand alone and put yourself standing before this God you deny you know, Yes you know him, you deceive yourself well enough to say you don't know him, but He has written himself on every heart, most of you have studied his word to use it against his own...You know him....:facepalm:
If your view of these things is correct, then I am screwed. I admit that. I just don't believe that your view is correct. Sorry. :sorry1:

Last edited:

Rakhel

What's wrong with questioning G-d? Abraham did it. Moses questioned throughout the entire of exodus. Job and Jonah did as well. Habakkuk and many others within biblical history. How are they allowed to question G-d, while we are not?

This is perhaps a young crowd, you have a long life, no worries, your good to your neighbors, give to the poor, responsible at work, highly educated, great scientific minds, you pretty much have no fear.....But What happens when you die my friend or If the Lord comes tomorrow and your earthly life is done. When you fall on your knees in front of a Holy God, your maker, and he knows you well....and He remember all the hatred you had for him, all the vile horrible things you said and the followers you had behind you....what Then? You will plea you didn't know?

Which god are you talking about? Which god is it that I hate? Is it Loki or Satan?

Your argument is founded in mysticism and fantasy. Perhaps when we die we will face a god but I really don't think so. I think I was not here for billions of years and I don't remember anything and I think after I die then billions more years will pass and I will be none the wiser.

Fall on your knees is a bizarre statement as there are those of us without knees that believe so how exactly does one accomplish that? And how do people hate him? If god has a sex than he wouldn't be god? Right? Why should god have a sex? Does god need another god of a different sex in order to procreate or do you just imagine god as this all powerful being that must have a penis even if there are no female gods to procreate with?

What vile horrible things do you imagine people say about a figure that doesn't exist? If suddenly the easter bunny, daffy duck and frosty the snow man were real and appeared upon your death to judge you exactly how worried are you going to be about the way you led your life? So you led a christian life worshiping this new popular fad god Yhwh... Do you think Daffy is gonna cut you some slack or is he gonna be really angry?

Its such an odd question... After you die do you think? (Obviously not) You seem to want to redefine thinking as something you can do without a functioning brain or body to rationalize an afterlife and current life decisions you make for this imagined afterlife rewards which might very well be judged by a cartoon or not actually be possible at all. Were you raised to believe this or do you actually communicate with god? (Because some religions can actually talk to god right now and maybe they can help you out?)

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Is that how you see me? As pushing my beliefs on you? If you do then you are wrong, I am not doing this in intent or in delivery. Why? Do you feel guilty? Perhaps it is not me who is bringing your heart to my thread....anyway You are wrong about Calvinist and that we have no need to share our beliefs, we do, we do not know who is the elect and God uses his word to bring his people to him. At any rate I am not on this mission or I would have filled this thread with scripture, I did not because this is my plea, and my plea is not for converts, it is for respect for My God.

Why should someone give respect to a Deity they don't believe exists? Would you give respect to Mother Kali?

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
You know I just have to wonder after seeing countless threads, one after another questioning God, what would you have done different? Seriously, you who constantly condemn God's judgments, who are you really? Are you so big you can go against God himself? If you stood in his presence today would you ask him these very questions you post here?

Yes I would ask God the very questions I ask Christians here. Why wouldn't I?

Let me ask you,have you ever been to court? And had a judge before you? if not just imagine... Sure your brave at first and have your attorney beside you, speaking boldly on your behalf and you have all hope he will do what you have paid him to do...but What happens when it is left to the judge? Final day of sentencing, do you scream out what an unfair system we have? Do you mock the judge? Tell him he is nothing? And has no power over you? Or do you my dear friend,humbly go before him with fear and trembling and beg for his mercy..... Have you ever felt that trembling fear? Like, whoa, he could do anything to me and I have no defense really against him?

:facepalm:

Have you ever been in front of your president? Or leader? All these things you scream about in facebook or social forums, would you really say in front of a powerful being? Would you say the same things you say in your mothers basement in your underwear,hiding behind a screen and keyboard to an authoritative figure? Do you ever feel underdressed in front of respected persons or maybe that your home isn't clean enough for guests? Have you ever even imagined yourself dumbstruck, in awe? In perfect submission ? Knowing your life depends on what you say right now?

I speak my mind. I'd say the same things I say here to God himself, if he even exists

You all amaze me with your fearlessness, your bravery, How easy it is for you to question God, how easy it is for you to say horrid things against his character, to question his judgment, to deem him unfit, to call him narcissistic, to say he is evil to send anyone to hell, to say he designed men to fail and so it is his fault we do so. Who are you speaking this to ? To whom are you so boldly questioning? Who are you so arrogant towards? Against who? Me? Religious entities? Fellow Rf posters? door to door evangelists? Maybe even world wide web users? so brave you are....

It's hardly bravery when we don't even believe he exists...

I will ask you, what gives you this boldness? Who is behind you now? Who has your back? Fellow atheists? agnostics? Science? your meditations? What are you trusting in really? I will tell you, your trusting in men, your trusting in created minds and not the very creator! the one you will one day stand before and your tongue will not even wag, your voice will be gone, you who have made your own God or seen yourselves as your own God, and hey, as Gods tell me what did you create? while you have been in control of your own destiny, what have you really found? how have you furthered your own species? I tell you one day you will see all your knowledge, your wisdom and your imaginings as dust. DUST ! Nothing... All your science and your ideas and your questions and your denials are nothing, you will be speechless and you will have no representative beside you, none will speak for you, or give your qualifications, none will submit your great philosophical resume..You will answer to one God, one Holy God , one creator, one judge, He will ask of you...
don't even think what you will say, you will get no say, you will get no argument, there is no debate my friend....

I use my own reason. Also please enlighten us as to what "the creator" wants me to do? I need a good laugh.

I have heard many rebuttals already, trust me what you can say is not new to me, nor to God.Here they are....If you are wrong, so what..You were deceived...If You are wrong well it is not your fault, God wasn't clear.....If You are wrong well so how can God punish what he designed from the beginning? so what? You die and cease to exist, from dust you came to dust you go.there is nothing beyond so why should you care..you Will wish it so, but it is not the truth, death is not your end, you will face that Holy God whether you choose in this life to acknowledge him or not, you will face him and you will bow before him and you will not speak a word........

Please stop posting stuff you have zero evidence for as immutable fact. It's starting to **** me off

Do I wish this for you? Do I wish one day you will see what we have told you and you will be sorry and we will gloat? and say "neener neener,I told ya so"? No my friend I do not wish the wrath of God on anyone, I beg you to show respect, I beg you to question rightously, I beg you to stop this slander and seek your answers meekly, as If you need answers and not as you do now, allready knowing all. I wish you would stop questioning God as if he is your mailman, as if he is your buddy who let you down as if he was the waitress who got your order wrong....

Should I respect Hitler for killing millions of jews? if not then why should I respect a God who kills millions of people?

Think about it my friend, who are you exactly? How is it that you can be so arrogant? So self worthy to say this God of Abraham is so unfair, so unjust, so evil minded? I fear for your attempt at bravery within your peers, stand alone and put yourself standing before this God you deny you know, Yes you know him, you deceive yourself well enough to say you don't know him, but He has written himself on every heart, most of you have studied his word to use it against his own...You know him....:facepalm:

We have something called morals. Using these it's pretty evident that God's pretty darn evil.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Is that how you see me? As pushing my beliefs on you? If you do then you are wrong, I am not doing this in intent or in delivery.

From the moment that you take as a premise that I know that there is a God, you are. If not earlier.

I may respect that it may be a difficult and even painful realization to come by. But it is still the truth, and I have neither way nor desire to pretend otherwise.

Why? Do you feel guilty? Perhaps it is not me who is bringing your heart to my thread....

Oh, Lady B. Can't you see how disrespectful it is to accuse an Atheist of not truly being an Atheist and calling him arrogant for that?

You are not only doubting our sincerity and honesty - collectively, at that - but also claiming to do so in the defense of God's reputation.

That is a pretty bold bet to make - and a rather troubling one, once you consider that ultimately it involves God allowing a hefty percentage of the world's population to be deeply deluded fools just in order to make your indignation better than a seriously misguided rant.

Like you or else, we atheists truly do exist.

If our existence is an ill fit to your expectations about how people relate to the concept of God - or, perhaps more accurately, to your specific conception of God - it does not necessarily follow that it is because deep down we are arrogant people with stronger pride than desire for happiness.

We atheists exist. Our very existence is a strong indication that if there is an all-powerful God then it must follow that he does not mind Atheism. That clashes directly with some interpretations of parts of the Christian and Muslim scriptures that people often feel very strongly about.

That is the truth, far as I can tell. And while I sympathize with the unease that it may cause, it is entirely too much to ask me (let alone all atheists) to do impersonations of repented sinner just in order to bring you some rest, particularly given that it would change nothing. I can't become a believer just to please you. And you can't in good faith demand me to lie to you in order to prove your point.

anyway You are wrong about Calvinist and that we have no need to share our beliefs, we do, we do not know who is the elect and God uses his word to bring his people to him. At any rate I am not on this mission or I would have filled this thread with scripture, I did not because this is my plea, and my plea is not for converts, it is for respect for My God.

Maybe just maybe if one person can change his mind about how he approaches a holy God, or God's people. I have succeeded in my post. Maybe if one person out there finds reverence in his creator, then my post is worth my time .

What would reverence for his creator be for people who don't see how such a creator could possibly exist, such as myself?

Far as I can conceive it, it would be being honest with my Atheism and not bending to demands for me to pretend that I believe in one. If reverence, or even belief itself, are to have any meaning, then demanding them is quite pointless.

I do not expect you to thank me, I do not expect frubles or my name to be remembered. I care less how you even think of me after today. What I care about is each of us to seriously consider our end.

So you have decided that you know better than me and than your own God's decision to allow me to be a sincere atheist, and therefore I need to be called an arrogant person in order to repent from the sins I did not commit and that God does not disapprove?

And all that in order to, it seems, spare me from a long probation that would keep me away from the glory of the Creator?

In all honesty, it looks like this has more to do with a lesson about humility than one about belief. I truly wish it to happen well and soon, and to be as painless as possible.

This is perhaps a young crowd, you have a long life, no worries, your good to your neighbors, give to the poor, responsible at work, highly educated, great scientific minds, you pretty much have no fear.....But What happens when you die my friend or If the Lord comes tomorrow and your earthly life is done.

I know what won't happen. God will not judge me harshly for refusing to pretend to believe in Him.

When you fall on your knees in front of a Holy God, your maker, and he knows you well....and He remember all the hatred you had for him,

Which is none. I have no hatred for God, because I don't believe he even exists.

all the vile horrible things you said and the followers you had behind you....what Then? You will plea you didn't know?

That is in fact an interesting exercise, but elaborating on it may deviate us from this thread too much. Tell me if you want to truly explore an hypothetical scenario of God judging me for being an unrepenting kafir.

Look 9-10ths_Penguin, I am not trying to win your soul, I am showing you and others a concern I have. I am concerned with what I see here, not in the questions, not in the seeking not in the debating. In the real lack of respect and honor God does deserve.

Who are you to decide how much respect and honor God even wants from those whom he chose to create without a belief in Him?

Do you know better than God, or are you rather deciding that it is better to assume that your expectations are true than that we atheists are not lying to ourselves?

Last edited:

RJ50

If the deity exists, and is as portrayed in the Bible, as a highly unpleasant character, then of course its actions should be questioned and challenged by us humans!

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
What's wrong with questioning G-d? Abraham did it. Moses questioned throughout the entire of exodus. Job and Jonah did as well. Habakkuk and many others within biblical history. How are they allowed to question G-d, while we are not?

They were superior people

Me Myself

Back to my username
Questioning God and genuinly seeking truth is not the problem, arrogant blaspheme is. The very audacity to say God is less than Holy and perfect even If we do not understand, this is the horror I see all day here. It is not a rant, it is a pleading, please people show some respect, God is not your neighbor who built his fence on your lot ! You cannot sue God, you cannot take him to court! you will however be in his court one day.

The way people paint him, I am sure God will understand it is not the blame of those who complain, but of those who made all the bad propaganda.

If I hear men think an omnipotent full benevolent God allows hell I will openly scorn the concept. Am I scorning God? at contrair, those who say God allows eternal hell are the blasphemers in my book.

I still can´t fathom how can someone ascribe to a God a moral so low that is even lower of most humans allow for themselves. At least while they believe God is the true representative of morality.

Must complains about god here come from people who either don´t believe in it, thus they feel they are complaining about a concept, or people that dont agree with the specific depiction of god to which they are complaining, having their own image of him/her/it that they feel is superior to the one being mocked.

quite honestly, most people don´t feel they are condeming the maximum creator of the universe simply because they are condeming a concept in a book of writings compiled a couple of millenia ago by people who knew only a little fraction of what we know today, and whose morals would be proposterous for us today on most accounts.

Me Myself

Back to my username
You really think I missed your "plea"?

You do not feel that your deity is capable of handling the insults of mere mortal men and are here demanding that everyone respect him.

This is what I take from it too.

God doesn´t need anyone´s respect. God doesn´t need absolutely anything, he is beyond need.

It is simply impossible to disrespect God.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

How exactly is it slander and arrogance to question what you folks say about a god that has no proof, and a bible full of evil?

I don't know, or believe in your god, and I have no wish to know any such flawed character.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Questioning God and genuinly seeking truth is not the problem, arrogant blaspheme is. The very audacity to say God is less than Holy and perfect even If we do not understand, this is the horror I see all day here. It is not a rant, it is a pleading, please people show some respect, God is not your neighbor who built his fence on your lot ! You cannot sue God, you cannot take him to court! you will however be in his court one day.

What arrogant blasphemy, exactly?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I understand what you are saying however I do not accept anyone can say God is cruel so therefore there is no God and if he does exist, well what good is he to be worshipped and respected. Who are we to judge God as cruel? From our own understanding? From our view of fairness? Because Tommy gets the best toys and betty plays with sticks philosophy? From where do we get the arrogance to judge God? From where do we see our minds so high in intellect to surmise God's decisions? I can handle questioning scripture, I can.I can even question my own at times, we are told to study to show ourselves approved, to be sure in our salvation, God does not ask we go as blind idiots.what I cannot handle is men's arrogance , I just can't.:(

And how would your god be not considered cruel and a murderer - when the bible stories tell us he murders innocent children for adult misconduct??

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Lady B, I am in a generous mood, so I shall entertain your plea. First off, I don't tend to rant on about how unfair "god" is, so I suppose that this isn't especially directed at me. It's just not my thing. Your second assumption made me giggle as it implies that this meeting with "god" would be for the first time. I do suppose that it is a bit daunting, at first, but in all fairness one soon gets over the shock. The first thing you understand upon meeting this being is that virtually everything you have ever thought about it - is wrong. That does leave you a tad breathless, but I wouldn't fret over it. It's all good.

Sadly, unlike so many human animals I no longer have much fear left. Equally sadly, I am sorry to report that I have never been in front of a judge, though I have sat for Jury duty. Frankly, the judge presiding was most kind and understanding.

I have met some rather fascinating people and generally speaking, simple common courtesy is the order of the day. I'm just a bit confused what this has to do with what is quite fallible human animals delusional thinking about their gods. Is there some kind of connection here?

I do find it most instructive that a supposed "god" that consigns some of his personal creations to a burning hell, for eternity, is NOT thoroughly evil. Most instructive, indeed. How terribly noble of him.

I will ask you, what gives you this boldness?
That, dear lady, is for me to know and for you to discover. (I won't give you all my secrets.)

Who is behind you now?
Ummm.... reality.

Who has your back?
I don't need anyone to "back" me. Thanks for the thought though.

Fellow atheists? agnostics? Science? your meditations? What are you trusting in really?
Just in case you missed it -- Reality.

I will tell you, your trusting in men, your trusting in created minds and not the very creator! the one you will one day stand before and your tongue will not even wag, your voice will be gone, you who have made your own God or seen yourselves as your own God, and hey, as Gods tell me what did you create? while you have been in control of your own destiny, what have you really found? how have you furthered your own species? I tell you one day you will see all your knowledge, your wisdom and your imaginings as dust. DUST ! Nothing... All your science and your ideas and your questions and your denials are nothing, you will be speechless and you will have no representative beside you, none will speak for you, or give your qualifications, none will submit your great philosophical resume..You will answer to one God, one Holy God , one creator, one judge, He will ask of you...
Well, my veritable little ray of sunshine, you certainly seem to have a rather dismal view of reality. I can readily see why you are in such a lather.

I have quite different take on this, Lady B. If, pretending for a nanosecond that your worldview is correct -- heaven forbid -- I would look "god" squarely in the eyes and say, "Well, you made me, what exactly did you expect?"

Do I wish this for you? Do I wish one day you will see what we have told you and you will be sorry and we will gloat? and say "neener neener,I told ya so"? No my friend I do not wish the wrath of God on anyone,
Well, that certainly is a relief. :rolleyes: At least this isn't personal.

I beg you to show respect, I beg you to question rightously, I beg you to stop this slander and seek your answers meekly, as If you need answers and not as you do now, allready knowing all. I wish you would stop questioning God as if he is your mailman, as if he is your buddy who let you down as if he was the waitress who got your order wrong....
Sadly, I have already outgrown puny concepts of god that are rooted in guilt and fear and no longer holds my interest.

Think about it my friend, who are you exactly?
Who isn't quite as important as what I am. I am a teensy bit more than the tiny human animal clicking away at this keyboard...

How is it that you can be so arrogant? So self worthy to say this God of Abraham is so unfair, so unjust, so evil minded?
Sad to say, but some of us have larger pieces of the puzzle in our hands... some have even put those puzzle pieces together forming a whole new outlook on reality, where the grass really IS greener...

I fear for your attempt at bravery within your peers, stand alone and put yourself standing before this God you deny you know, Yes you know him, you deceive yourself well enough to say you don't know him, but He has written himself on every heart, most of you have studied his word to use it against his own...You know him....:facepalm:
I guess... you would have to know ME to truly understand...

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'm of the mind that one cannot say anything too blasphemous. I have doubts that true blasphemy is even possible. Do you have anything more to offer besides guilt and fear?

Kerr

I will ask you, what gives you this boldness? Who is behind you now? Who has your back? Fellow atheists? agnostics? Science? your meditations? What are you trusting in really? I will tell you, your trusting in men, your trusting in created minds and not the very creator! the one you will one day stand before and your tongue will not even wag, your voice will be gone, you who have made your own God or seen yourselves as your own God, and hey, as Gods tell me what did you create? while you have been in control of your own destiny, what have you really found? how have you furthered your own species? I tell you one day you will see all your knowledge, your wisdom and your imaginings as dust. DUST ! Nothing... All your science and your ideas and your questions and your denials are nothing, you will be speechless and you will have no representative beside you, none will speak for you, or give your qualifications, none will submit your great philosophical resume..You will answer to one God, one Holy God , one creator, one judge, He will ask of you...

This post shows the same arrogance you see in others. Let me ask you this. Who are you to claim to know anything?

EDIT:

To explain my point further, from my perspective, with many religions claiming they know the truth, there is no difference between your faith and the faith of someone who doesnt believe the same God as you. And that is ok. I do not claim to know anything about God, and I respect that people have different faith. But I do not like when people lets faith turn into arrogance, and that includes people who believe the same thing as me.

I will continue to question your God because it doesnt make sense to me. The Christian faith doesnt fit together, from my perspective. Its like claiming 1+1=3. Thats why I am not a Christian. Would you question something that doesnt add up to you, or would you accept it anyway? And also, if you stop questioning, how can you ever know you know the truth?

EDIT 2:

If God directly asked me for what I believe I would already have been proven wrong. Aside from that, yes, I would tell him what I think. Partly because he is God so he already knows, but also because I happen to value integrity and honesty a lot.

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I believe every man knows there is a God, whether you choose to acknowledge his existance or not, you do know. maybe You don't know him well, but you do know he exists .

Not true. I believe the god of the bible to be false, and non existent, using the information given. Is there an actual Deity - I don't know.

I do not care to argue your denials, I care to encourage you all to have some respect, show some submissiveness, did you create yourself? do you have all the answers really? is no higher being held in great esteem to you? why do you come now to defend yourself against what you don't know for sure? seek it people, seek it, do not condemn yourselves before you do,Do not curse the very cause of your existance, have some Awe...I promise you, I swear If you really need answers ,before you leave this life, God will give you some security, He has promised .If you allready know all and you have peace, fine..just nothig I can say to you and I am truly sorry.

You say you are not here to argue our denials - then your launch into your sermon.

But let me ask you please, you who label themselves Godless, why are you here? really why are you here? why are you questioning creation, serpents,hell, angels, laws and prophets? why do you care? are you here to entertain us all in your master debating skills or how well you can research wilkipedia? are you just amazed at these idiots who follow abrahamic traditions and bow before a unworthy God?

For myself - I'm interested in comparative religions, archaeology, the movements of ancient people, and the resultant mix of language, imagery, myth, and religions. I also like to discuss and debate these, and the religions of Abraham are the most well know in this neck of the woods.

Look I respect evryone will have his own mind, follow his own desires, what I cannot respect is disrespect. I have seen enough, I had enough.

For most of us this is not disrespect.