• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are you, really? Your friends on RF want to know.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The Proust Questionnaire has its origins in a parlor game popularized (though not devised) by Marcel Proust, the French essayist and novelist, who believed that, in answering these questions, an individual reveals his or her true nature. Here is the basic Proust Questionnaire (taken from Vanity Fair in December, 2011).

Note, I am working on my answers -- I want to be careful, so it will take a bit of time. Anybody who cares to knock of their own responses and beat me to it should feel welcome to do so.

Also note, this is not a debate. Nobody has any right to dispute anyone else's answers.
  1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
  2. What is your greatest fear?
  3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
  4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
  5. Which living person do you most admire?
  6. What is your greatest extravagance?
  7. What is your current state of mind?
  8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
  9. On what occasion do you lie?
  10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
  11. Which living person do you most despise?
  12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
  13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
  14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
  15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
  16. When and where were you happiest?
  17. Which talent would you most like to have?
  18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
  19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
  20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
  21. Where would you most like to live?
  22. What is your most treasured possession?
  23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
  24. What is your favorite occupation?
  25. What is your most marked characteristic?
  26. What do you most value in your friends?
  27. Who are your favorite writers?
  28. Who is your hero of fiction?
  29. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
  30. Who are your heroes in real life?
  31. What are your favorite names?
  32. What is it that you most dislike?
  33. What is your greatest regret?
  34. How would you like to die?
  35. What is your motto?

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
  1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Financial security and security in general; worrying about literally nothing.
  2. What is your greatest fear? Not having the above. Dying horribly.
  3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Anger.
  4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Rebellion without cause.
  5. Which living person do you most admire? My boyfriend.
  6. What is your greatest extravagance? Books and clothes.
  7. What is your current state of mind? Comfortable.
  8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Happiness.
  9. On what occasion do you lie? When I can't be bothered to do something or don't want to cause argument.
  10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? Lazy eye.
  11. Which living person do you most despise? Nobody really.
  12. What is the quality you most like in a man? Dutifulness.
  13. What is the quality you most like in a woman? Dutifulness.
  14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? Like, loads.
  15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? My boyfriend.
  16. When and where were you happiest? Where I am now.
  17. Which talent would you most like to have? Musical.
  18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I'd make my emotions submit to my intelligence.
  19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? I'm a good writer and I read loads.
  20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? A well treated dog.
  21. Where would you most like to live? Right here.
  22. What is your most treasured possession? My money, my phone, my housekey. Sentimental ones would be Bibles gifted me as a kid; my old diaries; gifts from my bf.
  23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Consumerism, hedonism etc.
  24. What is your favourite occupation? Sex; reading.
  25. What is your most marked characteristic? Loyalty.
  26. What do you most value in your friends? Ability to hold good conversation.
  27. Who are your favourite writers? Dickens, Shelley, Chaucer, Tom Holland, Simon Montefiore, the Brontës.
  28. Who is your hero of fiction? I haven't one really but I do really like Dorothy Gale in the movie Return to Oz.
  29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? None come to mind.
  30. Who are your heroes in real life? None.
  31. What are your favourite names? I like many Germanic names.
  32. What is it that you most dislike? Insomnia.
  33. What is your greatest regret? Can't think of any.
  34. How would you like to die? Honourably.
  35. What is your motto? If you're foolish you deserve to be fooled Everyone struggles so don't be a **** to them.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
What is your idea of perfect happiness? To have something meaningful and useful to do every day, with some time left over for reading, theatre, music and friends, and everyday time with my partner.

What is your greatest fear? Ending up in poverty, sleeping outside in the cold as I did in the winter of 1965-66.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Not having the tenacity to really master a discipline – such as the piano

What is the trait you most deplore in others? Supposing they know what they do not know, and pressing it on others. (The impulse to provide “psychological help” to those you know only over the internet is a good example.)

Which living person do you most admire? Stephen Fry.

What is your greatest extravagance? Money spent on theatre, music, opera.

What is your current state of mind? I have always been a generally happy person. Though less then 2 months from 75, that hasn’t changed. Overall, the world has been not at all unkind to me, and much that has good has made my life worth living.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Faith in the face of contradictory evidence. And patience, because there’s too little time.

On what occasion do you lie? When I might hurt someone else – when I really, really need approval.

What do you most dislike about your appearance? I love my moustache, but I only have it because I’ve never liked my upper lip, which is pencil-thin.

Which living person do you most despise? Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz, Marjorie Taylor, Green, Vladimir Putin.

What is the quality you most like in a man? The courage to act according to his principles, the ability to empathize with others, including women and LGBTQ, and those suffering mental or physical health issues.

What is the quality you most like in a woman? The courage to act according to her principles, the ability to empathize with others, including men and LGBTQ, and those suffering mental or physical health issues.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse? “I remember when I….” Once had a friend turn on me when I did that in the middle of a story he was telling, and say “let’s make it all about you, then, shall we?” He was quite right.

What or who is the greatest love of your life? The works of William Shakespeare, Ludwig von Beethoven.

When and where were you happiest? Pickering College, my high school – a private, boy’s only school.

Which talent would you most like to have? A better actor – the incredible abilities of Sir Ian McKellan or Colin Firth, or Dame Judi Dench or Emma Thompson, and so many others.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My tendency to fat, exacerbated by my enjoyment of beer.

What do you consider your greatest achievement? Becoming an Information Technology executive in the financial industry, from having been put on the streets (and being a sex worker) after finishing grade 11, and still dealing with serious emotional disturbance.

If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? Me. I might make a better go of it if I have just one more try.

Where would you most like to live? Belgravia, London, England.

What is your most treasured possession? My piano, my library.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Enforced idleness, impotence.

What is your favorite occupation? Once it was creating systems (IT). Now, it’s my own version of philosophical pondering.

What is your most marked characteristic? Striking blue eyes. Even my grade 9 roommate (from 62 years ago), remarked “you still have them” when seeing my picture on FaceBook.

What do you most value in your friends? A willingness to talk about things that matter – and listen, too.

Who are your favorite writers? Shakespeare, Wilde, Tolkien, Hitchens, Dostoevsky, Harper Lee, Capote, James Baldwin – plus so many more.

Who is your hero of fiction? Don Quixote de la Mancha.

Which historical figure do you most identify with? Thomas Paine. Maybe Spinoza.

Who are your heroes in real life? Stephen Fry, Pope Francis I, Aayan Hirsi Ali, Salman Rushdie.

What are your favorite names? Brian, Joseph, Ryan, Elizabeth, Gwendolyn, Carolina.

What is it that you most dislike? Bigotry of every sort.

What is your greatest regret? Never having had the opportunity to go to university.

How would you like to die? While sleeping.

What is your motto? Veritas non res, (Truth is not a thing). When I’m feeling a bit cattivo, Si movet, blandiunt (If it moves, fondle it.)

Last edited:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
  1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Resting and having some peace
  2. What is your greatest fear? Being alone
  3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Inability to let go
  4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Bigotry.
  5. Which living person do you most admire? My twin sister
  6. What is your greatest extravagance? Stuffed animals
  7. What is your current state of mind? Hopeful
  8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Conformity
  9. On what occasion do you lie?I try not to but I do so when telling the truth would cause a fight or when trying to ease someone else's concerns
  10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? It's a tie between my hips and how thin I am.
  11. Which living person do you most despise?My aunt
  12. What is the quality you most like in a man?openmindedness
  13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?openmindedness
  14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?Actually, and though.
  15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?My twin sister
  16. When and where were you happiest?when my twin visited may second of last year
  17. Which talent would you most like to have?to speak multiple languages
  18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My mental health
  19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?surviving. How far i have came as a person and how much ive healed.
  20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?a cat
  21. Where would you most like to live?with my twin sister and her partner.
  22. What is your most treasured possession?My stuffed animals
  23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?that depends on the person as all people have their own limits and what causes them pain. For me personally the lowest level would be to be so far gone mentally that suicide is seen as the only option to escape. For another something else may be more miserable.
  24. What is your favorite occupation?childcare and education
  25. What is your most marked characteristic?intelligence
  26. What do you most value in your friends?that they are my friends and we care for each other
  27. Who are your favorite writers? Dont have one i would rather read from anyone I can read from
  28. Who is your hero of fiction? Hearth stone from the Magnus Chase series
  29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? Edward Roberts
  30. Who are your heroes in real life? Cats.
  31. What are your favorite names? Ones that are also nouns
  32. What is it that you most dislike? Ignorance perverting knowledge in order to hate others
  33. What is your greatest regret? Hating myself
  34. How would you like to die? Before i am old. I do not wish a long life.
  35. What is your motto? Keep moving forward.

Edited to change the historical character from Emily Dickinson to Edward Roberts.

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
With all these questions, I thought someone was going to ask for my social security number, date of birth and mother's maiden name.
Nothing so heinous. We don't want to rob you, we want to know you!

Heck, I even learned a little bit more about myself answering those questions. (But only a bit -- I'm so old there's just not much left to know!)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
  1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Being
  2. What is your greatest fear? My ability to fear died with my daughter
  3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? My body tends toward addiction
  4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Dishonesty
  5. Which living person do you most admire? My daughter
  6. What is your greatest extravagance? My car
  7. What is your current state of mind? I could use a nap
  8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Popularity
  9. On what occasion do you lie? I don't
  10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? I used to be insecure about my height and my underbite, but I've accepted those, so I have no dislikes
  11. Which living person do you most despise? I've found contempt to be a waste of energy
  12. What is the quality you most like in a man? Sense of humor
  13. What is the quality you most like in a woman? Sense of humor
  14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? Fantastic
  15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? The ride
  16. When and where were you happiest? Currently? Answering this questionnaire
  17. Which talent would you most like to have? Making others laugh
  18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be My compulsion to make parody threads on RF
  19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Making parody threads on RF
  20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? A thing; I've already been a person
  21. Where would you most like to live? In a body
  22. What is your most treasured possession? I don't have one
  23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Watching my daughter die
  24. What is your favorite occupation? I just applied for my dream job...Walmart greeter
  25. What is your most marked characteristic? I'm a jerk
  26. What do you most value in your friends? Honesty
  27. Who are your favorite writers? Rimbaud, Brown, King, Morrison, Ruiz
  28. Who is your hero of fiction? JD Fitzgerald
  29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? George Carlin
  30. Who are your heroes in real life? Henry Bergh
  31. What are your favorite names? @Rival, @Viker, @Naykidape
  32. What is it that you most dislike? Questionnaires with more than 20 questions
  33. What is your greatest regret? Participating in this questionnaire
  34. How would you like to die? Answering RF questionnaires
  35. What is your motto? Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools speak because they have to say something.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
  1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Finding ikagai.
  2. What is your greatest fear? The idea that humans will screw everything up and the dead will remain nonexistent forever.
  3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? My bipolar disorder.
  4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Apathy.
  5. Which living person do you most admire? My friend @dannerz who has dealt with a lot of crap but always found a way to become a better person for it.
  6. What is your greatest extravagance? All my electronics combined together.
  7. What is your current state of mind? A little wired, I decided to drink coffee during this evening because my bipolar medication feels a bit strong right now, as I get injections but the injection before the last one hasn't fully expired and I feel like I'm on too much of the medication right now.
  8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Beauty. Although considered a virtue by many there's a lot of ugly people who are virtuous.
  9. On what occasion do you lie? I omit truths, but I don't tend to lie.
  10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? My eyes. They're so dark even though my mom has blue eyes.
  11. Which living person do you most despise? There was a guy where I used to live who didn't even live in my apartment building but would not stop bothering me whenever he saw me.
  12. What is the quality you most like in a man? Firmness and honesty.
  13. What is the quality you most like in a woman? Compassion and caring.
  14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? I often tell @dannerz that his food is "delicious". But I don't really have a word or a phrase I use more often.
  15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? A girl I used to know in high school. Unfortunately while she knows I like her she never reciprocated that love.
  16. When and where were you happiest? When I saw The Police in concert for my 19th birthday.
  17. Which talent would you most like to have? Be able to do very complex math equations in my head, I can only go so far as I am now and would like to do better with that without using a calculator.
  18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Getting rid of my bipolar disorder, similar to answer 3.
  19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Admitting that I actually have bipolar disorder.
  20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? Can a 'thing' be a bird? I always wanted to be able to fly without the need for machinery.
  21. Where would you most like to live? Charlotte, North Carolina. Took a complicated quiz awhile ago and found out that was the perfect spot for me.
  22. What is your most treasured possession? My intelligence.
  23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Being in jail for something you didn't commit, and nobody believing you that it wasn't you that didn't do it.
  24. What is your favorite occupation? Anything with computers, but if I could I would be a software engineer.
  25. What is your most marked characteristic? I have a large mole on my left thigh that is my birth mark.
  26. What do you most value in your friends? When they spend time with me, talk to me even if I don't talk to them first.
  27. Who are your favorite writers? ChatGPT. lol. I don't know. Eventually we will make an AI that can write novels faster and better than humans anyways.
  28. Who is your hero of fiction? Any one of my City of Heroes characters would do, especially Starting Steroids, my main character.
  29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? I was told by a philosophy test that my philosophical views are similar to Aristotle. I haven't thought about this.
  30. Who are your heroes in real life? My parents of course.
  31. What are your favorite names? Layna for girl. I don't have a favorite boy's name.
  32. What is it that you most dislike? The fact that not all conditions are curable at this stage, like bipolar.
  33. What is your greatest regret? Not letting go of my anger sooner.
  34. How would you like to die? In my sleep or if I'm in pain a lethal amount of heroin.
  35. What is your motto? "The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time." - Abraham Lincoln.

amorphous_constellation

What is your idea of perfect happiness?

Balanced contentment, seems the best for me to try for. Realization seems to be a big part of it, though production/accomplishment is another
  • What is your greatest fear?
Being a servant to false fear; letting fear rule me. Having fear overpower realization
  • What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Lack of production, energy loss, fear. There should be one word for all of that
  • What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Something similar to that which I deplore in myself. But also when others harm others
  • Which living person do you most admire?
The one who understands
  • What is your greatest extravagance?
Finding or creating good food
  • What is your current state of mind?
Starting to get a little tired, thinking of heading to bed
  • What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Misplaced obsequiousness
  • On what occasion do you lie?
I suppose there may be times when too much brute honesty would be unuseful
  • What do you most dislike about your appearance?
Well I've always been a little bit balding, but I've never cared about that. But now I'm starting to get a few gray hairs. Oh well
  • Which living person do you most despise?
The one who averts from trying to understand, and then behaves poorly. But I pity their state more
  • What is the quality you most like in a man?
That they human well
  • What is the quality you most like in a woman?
That she humans well
  • Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
When I write the word 'well' at the beginning of posts
  • What or who is the greatest love of your life?
I guess part of the journey, is to like/love myself. To be grateful to the earth, and the experience of senses. Other than that, I like my cat that sleeps in my armpit when I go to sleep
  • When and where were you happiest?
It probably was when I was a kid, but I wouldn't want to go back.
  • Which talent would you most like to have?
There are a number of things I wish I was better at. Cooking, maybe math, maybe general comprehension, when I'm stumped by explanations in books. Better social skills. I don't think there's a huge point in fixating on what I won't or can't change
  • If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
There are a number of things that I would change. I am what I am though.
  • What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I guess I am a fairly good musician, as long as I'm careful to keep practicing.
  • If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
A thing? like a big rock in the woods? I guess as long as it felt good, I could become a rock. And if I had the power to roll to a new spot occasionally, that might be fun. I would not hurt anyone, just explore the forests and valleys.
  • Where would you most like to live?
It might be nice to have an island to oneself, and one can imagine a number of places that are more interesting than this spot here
  • What is your most treasured possession?
Ultimately I am most grateful for the 5. The 5 senses
  • What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
There are a number of depths, and beyond a certain point, the compared rating might disintegrate
  • What is your favorite occupation?
I tend to watch videos of a lot of star cooks and musicians. Maybe there is someone who can do both. Philosophy youtubers too, seem to have fun
  • What is your most marked characteristic?
That's a good question, I'm not entirely sure if I have one.
  • What do you most value in your friends?
Genuine care.
  • Who are your favorite writers?
I never read more than one book by an author generally. I'm still looking

I have to cut the answering short, got a bit tired of it. But it was fun, and helpful for me to do this, I guess.

Last edited:

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
  1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Uncertain at this point in time.
  2. What is your greatest fear? Economic ruin
  3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Lack of self-confidence
  4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Willful ignorance that leads to bigoty
  5. Which living person do you most admire? My father
  6. What is your greatest extravagance? Anything related to the Halo series or Dungeons & Dragons.
  7. What is your current state of mind? Exhausted
  8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Humility
  9. On what occasion do you lie? When the recipient is deserving of it
  10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? My physique
  11. Which living person do you most despise? Greg Locke is the first that comes to mind, but there are several.
  12. What is the quality you most like in a man? Emotional intelligence
  13. What is the quality you most like in a woman? Nerdiness among many other things
  14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? F***
  15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? Life's not over, so who can say?
  16. When and where were you happiest? Germany
  17. Which talent would you most like to have? Hard to say; I'm somewhat a Jack of All Trades
  18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Reverse my balding
  19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Hard to say so far; probably my D&D Character Tome.
  20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? Something different
  21. Where would you most like to live? Germany or Norway
  22. What is your most treasured possession? My library
  23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Hard to say
  24. What is your favorite occupation? Some form of artist
  25. What is your most marked characteristic? My creativity and artistic talent
  26. What do you most value in your friends? Loyalty
  27. Who are your favorite writers? J.R.R. Tolkien, Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman, Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, R.A. Salvatore
  28. Who is your hero of fiction? Tanthalas Half-Elven
  29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? Jeanne d'Arc
  30. Who are your heroes in real life? Don't really have any
  31. What are your favorite names? Those I keep to myself
  32. What is it that you most dislike? Ignorance, bigotry, and injustice
  33. What is your greatest regret? Very hard to say; I try not to regret
  34. How would you like to die? Peacefully
  35. What is your motto? "All our lives are just stories."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I haven't really thought of it.

What is your greatest fear?
I haven't thought of this either.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
How easy it is for me to lie, cheat and other nasty things I picked up as a kid to help things not be so bad.
By easy, I mean I usually will not feel guilt, will not hesitate or doubt, the act comes as easily as honesty.
What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Dishonesty.

Which living person do you most admire?
Jane Goodall.

What is your greatest extravagance?
Probably my book collection.

What is your current state of mind?
Overall depressed and feeling like a failure, hopeless and anxious about the future.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Humility.

On what occasion do you lie?
It started to protect me, keep people away, and to cover my tracks from authoritarian mom. Most often it's just to avoid a conversation or avoid people.

What do you most dislike about your appearance?
The results of male puberty.

Which living person do you most despise?
Not sure about this. That I actually know my dad.

What is the quality you most like in a man?
Honesty.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Honesty.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Of this I don't know.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My brother. He filled in for a lot of roles for me, was more of a dad to me than my own dad, and the only one in my family to ever apologize to me for any wrongs done to me.
It's been just over two years since he died and I still ache.

When and where were you happiest?
It was the last Family Values Tour. I was with my best friend, her parents were there (emotionaally they've been more like parents to me than mine have). Stone Sour was one stage, and not only did they steal the show is so good at working the crowd and brings so much energy to the stage he got the audience in the lawn section rioting and tearing up the place just by ranting about Bush Jr. There was no encouraging, no mentions or hints or suggestions, just a rant against Bush, a mentioning of freedom, and things started getting rowdy in one spot of the lawn off to the side and then exploded and consumed the lawn. Clothes, shoes, trash, cans, chunks of sod (some large enough to require multiple people to throw) and more were flying in the air, the was a huge cloud if dust covering the area, people are moshing and fighting everywhere, there's some lawn fires, security evacuated the lawn, my friend's dad is 6'11 and tucked his glasses close and pulled down the bill kf his hat and enjoyed the view, I accidentally backhanded someone throwing sod, I accidentally elbowed someone in the face moshing, I lost a pair of sunglasses when I was hit on the head with sod, and the riot squad was called the venue and put on standby. After Stone Sour the morning DJs of x103 at the time (Stuck and Gunner (the Gunner sometimes on Bob and Tom) I think) came on stage and told us if we don't chill the hell out they are telling the riot squad to go and people are going to jail.
A very close second was whatever Ozzfest it was (I with a different group) and above mentioned friend threw a bottle full of whatever from much further back in the crowd, aiming for a security guard known for being a prick, and ended up hitting me not even knowing I was in that area of the lawn (it's how we found eachother that year:joycat:).

Which talent would you most like to have?
I would like more musical talent, but I really need better social skills.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I'm not sure. On one hand I really wish I was born female, but I'm also really struggling in life due to poor social skills and trying to find help to learn the absolute requirements for survival (like succeeding in a job interview) has also been a challenge.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
The times I've had art on display or published. I've not had anything major or big but it's nice to say I've had some poems published and some drawings on display.

If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
What kind of thing? A random non-human thing? A thing we can pick?

Where would you most like to live?
Some where warm like here but with clean air, outside of America.

What is your most treasured possession?
The material things it's a toss up. I have some rare books, some autographed music albums and band posters, I also have an Edison Victrola.
Sentimentals it's this glass hourglass filled with iron fillings on a magnetic base my brother gave to me.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
For me it was the weeks and months after my brother died.

What is your favorite occupation?
I'm not exactly sure what this is asking.

What is your most marked characteristic?
Most people notice my calmness, intelligence, stubbornness and my generally being anti-authority.
Those who get to know tend to say first deeply caring and loyal.

What do you most value in your friends?
I think it's the deep level of trust my best friend and I have for each other. A trust that must exist for deep bonds, emotional security and a love that is unbreakable.

Who are your favorite writers?
Chuck Palahniuk, Bernard Cornwell, Shakespeare, Lovecraft, Poe, Mary Shelley Wollstonecraft, Eminem/Marshal Mathers.

Who is your hero of fiction?
The 10th Doctor.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
None that I can think of.

Who are your heroes in real life?
My brother was. I wouldn't say he was a hero, but George Carlin also had a very strong influence on me during my teens.

What are your favorite names?
Never had any or thought of it.

What is it that you most dislike?
Not sure about the most.

What is your greatest regret?
Not sure with this either. The positions I'm in aren't typically due to a lack of trying.

How would you like to die?
Without pain and when I'm ready.

What is your motto?
Though I don't have one, I say **** a duck a lot.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
  1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Being happy with the idea that happiness is fleeting.
  2. What is your greatest fear? That one day, I'll be really alone. That my husband will pass, and my kids will forget me, and I will go on and on almost completely alone.
  3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Disordered eating
  4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Deceitfulness
  5. Which living person do you most admire? My maternal grandma
  6. What is your greatest extravagance? Books and clothes (@Rival :D )
  7. What is your current state of mind? Exhausted
  8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Orderliness
  9. On what occasion do you lie? Safety reasons
  10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? Stretch marks from pregnancy
  11. Which living person do you most despise? Somebody that nobody on RF knows
  12. What is the quality you most like in a man? Enthusiasm
  13. What is the quality you most like in a woman? Sense of humor
  14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? Potty words
  15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? I'm surrounded by them
  16. When and where were you happiest? I think my 30s have been overall pretty good, with the exclusion of 2021/2022.
  17. Which talent would you most like to have? I want my voice back.
  18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? That my name was really George. It really makes me happy to use it.
  19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? That I live my life and stay in overall good mental shape.
  20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? I want to come back as a man in Bhutan.
  21. Where would you most like to live? Its hard to know where 'home' would be for sure, but based off of the little I know, Nepal might be nice.
  22. What is your most treasured possession? A grey stuffed cat that is 'pregnant' and has kittens in her tummy pouch. I bought her was I was 9 with money I won at Bingo. When I had to abandon almost all my other belongings, that is one of the few things I took with me.
  23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Pre-occupation with oneself.
  24. What is your favorite occupation? Homemaker. Lucky me!
  25. What is your most marked characteristic? Eccentricity.
  26. What do you most value in your friends? I try to value them for who they are. Its true that I have favorites, but I try to enjoy each person for their unique traits.
  27. Who are your favorite writers? Vyasa
  28. Who is your hero of fiction? Spongebob
  29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? Nothing's coming to mind.
  30. Who are your heroes in real life? Everyday people who make the world wonderful by being themselves.
  31. What are your favorite names? Depends on for what.
  32. What is it that you most dislike? Onions.
  33. What is your greatest regret? Allowing the Masonic Lodge to be built in our attic(long story).
  34. How would you like to die? Slowly, of a debilitating illness in old age, so I can write of the experience of what its like to die.
  35. What is your motto? We're human beings, not human doings.

Ella S.

Dispassionate Goth
  1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Control over the passions and the acceptance of pain
  2. What is your greatest fear? Disappointing myself
  3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? My disinhibition
  4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Domineeringness
  5. Which living person do you most admire? A particular family member
  6. What is your greatest extravagance? My boots
  7. What is your current state of mind? Peace
  8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Empathy, because it leads to a variety of fallacies and biases, and is extremely unhealthy when left unchecked in people-pleasers and the co-dependent
  9. On what occasion do you lie? Only when I am not as careful with my words as I wish I was
  10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? My hair
  11. Which living person do you most despise? My mother's ex; I did not know I was capable of hatred before them
  12. What is the quality you most like in a man? Generosity
  13. What is the quality you most like in a woman? Generosity
  14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? "Actually," "In fact," "really"
  15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? Logic
  16. When and where were you happiest? Before I was traumatized
  17. Which talent would you most like to have? The ability to consistently find and exploit zero-day vulnerabilities in network and server infrastructure
  18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My terrible people skills
  19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Being alive, despite the many close calls I have had with death
  20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? I would prefer to be a tree like the "Quaking Aspen" which composes its own forest, or maybe a mycelium network
  21. Where would you most like to live? In a commune in a Victorian house painted black with other like-minded outcasts
  22. What is your most treasured possession? My mind
  23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? RF
  24. What is your favorite occupation? Ethical hacking
  25. What is your most marked characteristic? In real life, I have been told that it is my calm disposition; online it seems to be my self-assuredness
  26. What do you most value in your friends? Nonconformity
  27. Who are your favorite writers? Edgar Allen Poe and Lord Byron
  28. Who is your hero of fiction? T'Pol
  29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? Tesla, because he just wanted to be left alone and tinker with electronics
  30. Who are your heroes in real life? Volunteer firefighters and disaster relief personnel
  31. What are your favorite names? Marceline, Selena, Luna
  32. What is it that you most dislike? Hierarchy
  33. What is your greatest regret? Spending too much time on RF
  34. How would you like to die? Anonymously sacrificing myself for the greater good so that my sacrifice could become a symbol without being tied to my personal flaws as an individual
  35. What is your motto? Success isn't about never falling, but about always getting back up

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
  1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Not sure this is possible or even wanted, given that contentedness might suffice, if apparent for all of one's life. Give or take a few bliss moments.
  2. What is your greatest fear? Don't seem to have one, given that I have probably stared many in the eye and I'm still alive. But as to non personal things - that humans will just carry on into the future as an uncoordinated rabble and hence probably cease to exist at some point.
  3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? I probably am too lazy and with little motivation until the bell goes. :oops:
  4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Selfishness, greed, need for power or domination over others, plain stupidity when such might be avoided.
  5. Which living person do you most admire? Not really any one - I admire all those who have lived or are living the lives that tend to enhance life, for others as much as themselves, rather than doing the opposite. And of course some are more obvious than others
  6. What is your greatest extravagance? Wasting so much of my time when it might be useful somewhere.
  7. What is your current state of mind? Pretty much OK, given I don't tend to bark at the TV when I see something I disagree with and can still enjoy new experiences. Perhaps such comes from knowing that we can't persuade all to our particular views on life, even if ours might be correct (joke), and being relatively healthy mentally has been a bonus in latter years.
  8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Love - given it might be an easy aim in life but less useful in practice, especially when something (like beliefs) steps into the way so as to derail any such ambitions or fulfilment. This of course discounting the love for a partner, one's mother (and perhaps both parents), and of course one's children.
  9. On what occasion do you lie? Where and when necessary - fortunately not that often. :D
  10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? Liked myself better in my twenties of course.
  11. Which living person do you most despise? None as to such - but the list of ones I'd rather simply didn't exist is rather long. Like - Putin, Trump, most similar.
  12. What is the quality you most like in a man? Probably humility - and hence where we might not have so many believing their views are simply right and so as to inflict such on others.
  13. What is the quality you most like in a woman? As for males perhaps, but since females are the ones who enable human life, I suppose their love for their offspring.
  14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? I'm sure most can pick out mine.
  15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? Wish I had one - of either.
  16. When and where were you happiest? When anything I valued was accomplished, and which was often arduous, or when I experienced something so unusual for the first time. And of course when I was younger.
  17. Which talent would you most like to have? Probably to have some musical talent, given I probably have the fingers and appreciation for such, and since I did have quite a good memory in my youth, it might have been possible with enough work.
  18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Knock about seven decades off of my life.
  19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Not to have ended my life at some point.
  20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? As a shapeshifter.
  21. Where would you most like to live? Too many places.
  22. What is your most treasured possession? Currently, my health.
  23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Enslaved by some particular belief.
  24. What is your favorite occupation? Is that for me or for others? But in both cases I don't really have one.
  25. What is your most marked characteristic? Being annoying.
  26. What do you most value in your friends? To have been friends with them.
  27. Who are your favorite writers? No real favourites, but some of the non-fiction writers I do admire for putting their ideas across so clearly - so, Steven Pinker, Jared Diamond, and similar, even if they might be wrong.
  28. Who is your hero of fiction? None really - apart from Robin Hood perhaps.
  29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? Damiens. :oops:
  30. Who are your heroes in real life? All who tread the honest path and who are not biased so obviously.
  31. What are your favorite names? Too intimate.
  32. What is it that you most dislike? The stupidity and/or gullibility of humans - but it's not their fault.
  33. What is your greatest regret? Not becoming an academic or taking my education more seriously, apart from not learning a musical instrument.
  34. How would you like to die? Who cares.
  35. What is your motto? Don't die horribly - make it last at least a minute or two. :oops:

Last edited:

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
  1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?

Not having to worry about anything and being surrounded by friends and family.
  1. What is your greatest fear?

Losing my autonomy / independence. Like if I would go blind or become paralised or something

1. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?

Lazyness

1. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Stupidity. I know and realize "dumb" people can't help it. In a very real way, your "intelligence" is what it is. It can be a trained a bit, but it seems each person has its biological limits.
Nevertheless, I have a really hard time in real life dealing with stupid people. Not that I consider myself super intelligent or anything.... I just can't stand having to explain things more then twice or people making the same mistake over and over etc.

I lose patience really fast when it comes to that. Just can't help it.
Come to think of it, this might also be a trait a I deplore in myself...

I try to fight it and remind myself of it every time I deal with a "dumb" person. But it's hard.

1. Which living person do you most admire?
Hmmm... This is a toughy.
I don't know. There isn't one single person I "most" admire. I don't actually really admire people as a whole. I'll admire certain people's traits more, I guess.

For example, I admire Kevin De Bruyne's ability to "read" a soccer field in the blink of an eye and how that enables him to give almost supernatural assists / passes, as if he has eyes on his back.

I admire Steve Job's ability to be able to "see" instantly how a product should be marketed and what will and won't work. Even though I hate all apple products / philosophy. :D And I kinda really dislike(d) Jobs as a person also.

So I can't really answer your question.

1. What is your greatest extravagance?

My €8000 drumset. It's a budget I've build up in the first year I started working and still lived at home though, with not a care in the world, in the "mommy hotel" as I liked to call it LOL.. I could never afford such a kit if I had to collect it from scratch today...

1. What is your current state of mind?

Bit of a monday blues, actually

1. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?

faith

1. On what occasion do you lie?

To spare feelings and sometimes to avoid unnecessary conflict. I will always try to only do that if there are no further consequences. It depends.

1. What do you most dislike about your appearance?

My fat-ish belly. Used to have a tight six-pack. Lazyness & junkfood took over when I quit playing tennis.

1. Which living person do you most despise?

Hard to say.
At the moment, the top 5 is dominated by Russian elites. Putin, Lavrov, Peskov, ...

1. What is the quality you most like in a man?

It's a tie / combination of loyalty and sincerity.

I loath backstabbers and/or those who act with an "agenda" of personal gain.

1. What is the quality you most like in a woman?

Same as with men.

1. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?

curse words which I'll not repeat here

1. What or who is the greatest love of your life?

"who": wife and kids
"what": drums

1. When and where were you happiest?

I can't answer this question.
I could say "while in college". Not a care in the world, surrounded by interesting intelligent people and lots of fun times.
But today, I have my lovely kids, my house, independence...

It's not "happier". It's just a different kind of happy.

1. Which talent would you most like to have?

Never gave it much thought actually. Whenever I really wanted to acquire a skill, I'ld just go for it and study / practice. And I tend to not bother with things I consider "out of my league". I also tend not to waste time / energy "wishing" something out of my league was "in my league", instead.

At best, I'ld say that I wouldn't mind to have more drum talent. There are things I see certain drumming geniuses do of which I know that I could never achieve it. My body simply doesn't "bend that way". :D

1. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

More organized. My head can get very chaotic, trying to do a million things simultanously.

1. What do you consider your greatest achievement?

My kids.

1. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
Honestly... as myself is just fine.
Though I wouldn't mind to have more drum talent. Like being ambidextrous or something.

1. Where would you most like to live?

I'm fine where I am

1. What is your most treasured possession?

My drumset

1. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?

death of loved ones, terminal illness, becoming homeless

1. What is your favorite occupation?

You mean like hobbies or ..?
In that case: drums

1. What is your most marked characteristic?

My analytical mind

1. What do you most value in your friends?

Loyalty and sincerity

1. Who are your favorite writers?

Scientists
I like reading science books. Not technical books though. But like books written by scientists to take "complex science" and make it understandable for average Joe.
I don't like reading novels and alike.

1. Who is your hero of fiction?

Don't really know what to answer here.

1. Which historical figure do you most identify with?

No idea.

1. Who are your heroes in real life?

I don't really do the "hero" thing. But I guess Vinnie Colaiuta comes closest.

1. What are your favorite names?

My kids' names

1. What is it that you most dislike?
Stupid people
Unnecessary violence (both verbal and physical)

1. What is your greatest regret?

Not buying a couple hundred dollars of bitcoin back when it was less then 10 bucks a piece.
We talked about it among friends and in the end decided not to go through with it.

1. How would you like to die?

Painlessly at old age in a less then 24 hours downward spiral from healthy to "system shutdown", like my grandpa who lived by himself till 93.

1. What is your motto?

I have 2:

1. Think big or stay small

and

2. Be yourself, because everyone else is already taken

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Thanks @Evangelicalhumanist I got a new individiual therapist i was supposed to start seeing today but I'll be seeing them Thursday instead. I decided to send my answers to her. Maybe that'll be a good start to therapy.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
“Perfect happiness” would be the freedom to unshackle my mind from my body and inhabit a Throneworld designed from my own imagination.

What is your greatest fear?
I would not wish to get brutally shredded to death by a massive wedge tornado at night. And yet… the thought of it is somehow morbidly fascinating.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
The human lifespan is so limited in this time and place.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
I deplore self-hatred. It is beyond pathetic. I also deplore it when there is nothing interesting at all about a person.

Which living person do you most admire?
It is someone you’ve never heard of, and will likely never again hear about… who once upon a time named herself after sugar cubes, because her Weltanschauung would trip people out and blow their minds.

I was once a naive adolescent. She was a grown tiger who’d just massacred everyone in my village… leaving behind a trail of bodies and blood. I went after her, into the forest, and the trail ended at a body of water. There, I gazed upon my reflection, and saw the very form of the one who’d just slaughtered everyone I’d ever known.

What is your greatest extravagance?
I am not an “extravagant” person… but I do like weapons, of all shapes and sizes.

What is your current state of mind?
I am feeling violently creative.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Even I can admit that there is great power in all “virtues”, even the ones I do not practice myself.

…which, is most of them.

On what occasion do you lie?
I might lie if the objective it achieves is important enough to me. I might also lie there is some great fun to be had from it.

What do you most dislike about your appearance?
Perfect as it may be… my current corporeal form does not have seven heads, twelve wings and thirteen haloes.

Which living person do you most despise?
Who can say. In all honesty, most of you all look and sound the same.

What is the quality you most like in a man?
Usefulness.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Usefulness.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
I doubt there are any.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
I love training and fitness. It enhances everything else that’s worth doing.

When and where were you happiest?
Any moment in time when I was at the summit of Squaw Peak in Phoenix, Arizona, and gazing down upon my city, reflecting upon life and contemplating my future, was magickal… especially when there was a storm going on in the skies around me. I… liked that time and place.

Which talent would you most like to have?
If only I had the ability to understand and speak every language fluently… oh the things I could do with that power.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would grant myself the ability to shapeshift… not just in a manner of behavior and mannerisms, dress, occupation, and cultural expression… but by actually completely reconstructing my physical body to take upon any form I choose, at any given time.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I will not reveal that here.

If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
I would return as myself, as a child again, but with all my memories intact. Chaos would ensue.

Where would you most like to live?
It is a place that currently exists only at the back of my mind…

I imagine a beautiful paradise, under a colorful but mostly red sky and an eternal sunset. There are desert areas and there are tropical areas. I can see mountains, waterfalls, and lava falls. There are paths to sacred places, and forbidden caves leading into the unknown. There are ruins of ancient temples and monuments to ancient gods… and soothing lightning storms and winds and serene rains.

It is a haunted desert intertwined with a mysterious paradise. Colors pour in and out of existence, and can be seen and heard. Strange lights flow through the air, and through the flora and fauna. Dreams, memories, and sometimes even nightmares phase in and out of reality. My thoughts here manifest all around me.

Beyond the borders of this paradise is a living storm, something I can not even comprehend... an eternal whirlwind of raging blackness with distant streaks of bright red and violet energies and lightnings, circling around this realm beyond the horizon.

What is your most treasured possession?
My most treasured possessions are my own two hands. What would I do without them? Also… there is a necklace that I have had for a very long time, that symbolizes a commitment I made when I was 19… to myself, to my training, and to my goddess. It has been everywhere with me.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Sometimes you let yourself get attached. Sometimes the people you get attached to suffer and die horribly. Life goes on.

What is your favorite occupation?
Artist. Soldier. Cult leader. Dictator.

Creation. Destruction.

What is your most marked characteristic?
I am a creature of Chaos. I may take many forms.

What do you most value in your friends?
Genuine friends? Trust. Love. Respect. Loyalty. Ambition. Individuality.

“Friends”? Usefulness.

Who are your favorite writers?
Rule #6 forbids me from saying.

Who is your hero of fiction?
What do the Ashen One (DS3), the Chosen Undead (DS), the Tarnished (ER), the Arisen (DD), the Courier (FNV), the Lone Wanderer (F3), and the female Sith Inquisitor (SWTOR) all have in common?

I am apparently my own favorite hero of fiction.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
It is someone who was an artist, a soldier, a cult leader, and a dictator.

Who are your heroes in real life?
They are those who showed me the blade, and what I could do with it.

What are your favorite names?
I like the name “Ashtara”. It is like “Athena” and “Ishtar”, combined.

What is it that you most dislike?
I dislike wasted potential.

What is your greatest regret?
I do not allow myself to feel regret.

How would you like to die?
I would like to die fighting in an apocalyptic battle.

What is your motto?
“Do what you Will.

“Will”, in this sense, meaning… the sense of purpose and inclinations within you, motivating and inspiring you towards your greatest dreams and goals and ambitions.

Soandso

1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? I'm happy as long as I have something new to learn about, to see, or to explore
  2. What is your greatest fear? Harm coming to those I care about
  3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? How easily I lose focus and move onto something else
  4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Manipulation, closed mindedness, and entitlement
  5. Which living person do you most admire? My dad
  6. What is your greatest extravagance? My entertainment center, but even then it's kind of bare bones
  7. What is your current state of mind? Relaxed with coffee in hand
  8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Overt displays of confidence
  9. On what occasion do you lie? When someone I care about asks me to and they have a good reason, but I don't like lying nor am I good at it
  10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? I don't know why, but none of the pictures I take actually look like me. I'm not photogenic
  11. Which living person do you most despise? Kim Jong Un is a pretty detestable guy
  12. What is the quality you most like in a man? Humility, honesty, and open mindedness
  13. What is the quality you most like in a woman? Humility, honesty, and open mindedness
  14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? "Here we go!" "Yikes" "Alright, let's skidaddle/blow this popsicle stand"
  15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? Learning
  16. When and where were you happiest? Right now
  17. Which talent would you most like to have? The ability to be quick witted - usually takes time for my mind to fully digest and gain perspective on a given situation
  18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I wish I was more comfortable in social settings
  19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Overcoming my own personal demons
  20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? Maybe a crow or a raven. Sure, I'd eat dead things, but at least I could fly around and discover new things through the eyes of a corvid
  21. Where would you most like to live? I like the area where I live now, but if I could creep just a little more north across the Canadian border, that would be nice
  22. What is your most treasured possession? A healthy, functioning body. Can't do much without that
  23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Long term homelessness
  24. What is your favorite occupation? Exploration of places I've never seen before. This could be on a hike, in a video game, or to a restaurant I haven't been to before
  25. What is your most marked characteristic? Anytime my friends have questions about obscure things, they look at me for answers, so I'm assuming it has something to do with that
  26. What do you most value in your friends? Brutal honesty
  27. Who are your favorite writers? I don't really follow specific authors as I pretty much enjoy bouncing from topic to topic
  28. Who is your hero of fiction? Hard to pick just one, but Solaire of Astora is a great character
  29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? Yikes... None, really. I am me and they are them
  30. Who are your heroes in real life? I don't like idolizing people since we all have skeletons in our closets, but I did have a teacher who was one of the most patient and caring people I'd ever known. She started a coffee business that would give jobs to at risk youth. A saint of a woman
  31. What are your favorite names? I like non- English takes on old English names
  32. What is it that you most dislike? Pain and suffering, I suppose
  33. What is your greatest regret? Probably the way I ended my last relationship. It was an 8 year long relationship that should have ended 4 years in
  34. How would you like to die? With my mental faculties in tact
  35. What is your motto? I'm a big believer in Murphy's law

Last edited: