• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are you blessed by? As you wear their skin, so to speak.

whirlingmerc

Sneaky Jacob was egged on my his mother Rebeka to dress up like his tough ever so slightly older brother Esau in order to get Isaac's blessing of the first born. Esau was hairy and rugged and greatly loved by his father and so he put on goat skins. He smelled like the earth. A man's man. And his almost blind father went for it. He was blessed as if he was Essau and got the blessing of the first born.

Christians put on Christ and as if like Jacob are blessed by the Father with the blessings of the first born being loved like Chris Jesus. They are blessed in Christ, the Father seeing Christ. Jesus taking their sins on the cross and they gaining every spiritual blessing in heaven in him. They bear the fragrant aroma of Christ and God will never cease from doing them good (as per Jeremiah 32:40)

Is there a similar analogy in your religious world view. What blesses you?

Cush ra ho!

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Sneaky Jacob was egged on my his mother Rebeka to dress up like his tough ever so slightly older brother Esau in order to get Isaac's blessing of the first born. Esau was hairy and rugged and greatly loved by his father and so he put on goat skins. He smelled like the earth. A man's man. And his almost blind father went for it. He was blessed as if he was Essau and got the blessing of the first born.
I was wondering if you were aware that this story is in this week's Torah portion? Or is this thread just a coincidence?

whirlingmerc

I was wondering if you were aware that this story is in this week's Torah portion? Or is this thread just a coincidence?

Not aware.... must be a providence of God.

I do note in an earlier event in Jacob and Esau's life, after Esau traded his birthright for a bowl of stew, there was a famine in the land. God seems unpleased! The famine sent as if to say "It wasn't worth it. Bad deal!"