• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

who are they?

Truth101

may said:
we stick to Gods word the bible and teach that Jesus is the only- begotten Son of God, we feel the bible is the aurthority.

I disagree that the bible is THE AUTHORITY. Any translated bible for that matter. The Spirit of God is the final authority. The bible is merely a collection of letters from inspired individuals to the multitudes. Only in their orinigal tonge exempt from faulty error filled translations can we even lean toward them with any hope of a whole truth.

We are to search the scriptures as instructed but this would also include searching out the original word definitions comparing scripture with scripture. Christian, JW's and Catholisism all have erring theology due to their fear of really searching out the scriptures and finding answers to those nagging questions the they can never answer.

You dont need to know how to speak arabic or hebrew or greek in order to do this. You can use the very bibles you hold to find the errors and answers. And before we hear anymore thoughts on how PERFECTLY the 1611 KJV was allow me to draw your attention to the fact that since 1611KJV over 10,000 errors of that version have been corrected since then and we are still left with an error filled version nonetheless.

If you care I will give a perfect example if requested. It will be the KJV I will use to prove my point. I do believe it is ONE of our best translations but not the best.

God Bless, Dave

may

fromthe heart said:
I challenge you to take a look at the differences in these different versions and do some research for yourself so you find your own truth so that you aren't being misled by worldly men with their own purposes.

Have a wopnderful week May.
Respectfully,:)
FTH
yes that is the best thing to do , not sure why you think i havent already done this ,that is why after doing this ,i am now one of JW , personal study works wonders and leads to much enlightenment and leads us in the right direction

may

Truth101 said:
I disagree that the bible is THE AUTHORITY. Any translated bible for that matter. The Spirit of God is the final authority. The bible is merely a collection of letters from inspired individuals to the multitudes. Only in their orinigal tonge exempt from faulty error filled translations can we even lean toward them with any hope of a whole truth.

We are to search the scriptures as instructed but this would also include searching out the original word definitions comparing scripture with scripture. Christian, JW's and Catholisism all have erring theology due to their fear of really searching out the scriptures and finding answers to those nagging questions the they can never answer.

You dont need to know how to speak arabic or hebrew or greek in order to do this. You can use the very bibles you hold to find the errors and answers. And before we hear anymore thoughts on how PERFECTLY the 1611 KJV was allow me to draw your attention to the fact that since 1611KJV over 10,000 errors of that version have been corrected since then and we are still left with an error filled version nonetheless.

If you care I will give a perfect example if requested. It will be the KJV I will use to prove my point. I do believe it is ONE of our best translations but not the best.

God Bless, Dave
the reason i like the NWT (JW) is because of careful translation to the original hebrew and Greek , it is a word for word translation ,and it gets to the original meanings of words. here it is online http://www.watchtower.org/bible/index.htm

silvermoon383

I have to ask though, how is the NWT a translation of the orginal Hebrew and Greek if none of the orginal writtings of the prophets and apostles have ever been found? (the closest we've gotten to the NT times is a single document the size of a postage stamp with about a dozen legible words, and the Dead Sea Scrolls still postdate the last of the OT books by several centuries)

Matt88

They're annoying people that come to my house once a year (usually Christmas) and give me some pamphlets, The Lighthouse, i think its called. I should ask if they're here for the "free psychic reading" next time they come around.

silvermoon383

If they're handing you something called the Lighthouse then it's someone different.

Getting back to the OP, one of the main reasons I beleve for persecuting both the Witnesses and the LDS is that unlike most of the Christian churches, we are out proselyting day in and day out. We're very visible, and our zeal for sharing our messages is seen as a threat, especially since we're growing and many of the other churches are shrinking. Our visibility also makes us easy targets, just like a person wearing all white in a forest during a battle.

may

silvermoon383 said:
I have to ask though, how is the NWT a translation of the orginal Hebrew and Greek if none of the orginal writtings of the prophets and apostles have ever been found? (the closest we've gotten to the NT times is a single document the size of a postage stamp with about a dozen legible words, and the Dead Sea Scrolls still postdate the last of the OT books by several centuries)
its all about getting back to the KOI-NE (common) Greek of the first century , the international language of that period of time . what the original koi-ne Greek basically or literally says .

may

Matt88 said:
They're annoying people that come to my house once a year (usually Christmas) and give me some pamphlets, The Lighthouse, i think its called. I should ask if they're here for the "free psychic reading" next time they come around.
lol. more like the watchtower............ the watchtower is a good name for JW mags , the mags keep watch on world events as these events fullfill bible prophecy . just as a litral watchtower helps to spot things coming and then we can be ready for them . so the watchtower mags help me to see how bible prophecy is indeed coming true in this time of the end. and then i will not be caught off guard