• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

who are they?

joeboonda

may said:
and there are some like me , who dont reject JW teachings , because i can see that they teach the truth from the bible, but every one to their own , its the best thing i ever did , i think its great .:) and no i dont wonder about differences,
i know the reasons why there are differences . i used to be a part of mainstream ,but i have got out of there, and i feel i am in a better place of concealment now.
(Isaiah 55:6) Search for Jehovah, YOU people, while he may be found. Call to him while he proves to be near. ............ yes i have done a lot of searching over the years , and i have read many negative thoughts about JW in books and websites, but the truth is very very clear to me , and the truth is JW are Gods channel to get lots of spiritual food in abundance , matthew 24;45-47 i am that well feed i am brimming over, yes i am in a spiritual paradise now ,
The longer a person associates with Jehovah’s Witnesses, the more he learns about God and His will as revealed in the Bible.

And so Jesus went on to say to the Jews that had believed him: "If YOU remain in my word, YOU are really my disciples, 32 and YOU will know the truth, and the truth will set YOU free
John 8;32

You say the longer a person associates with Jehovah Witnesses, the more he learns about God and his will as revealed in the Bible. Why not just stick with the Bible? Here is something your Watchtower said in Sept. 15, 1910, page 298, Charles Russel said this: "If the six volumes of 'Scripture Studies' are practically the Bible, topically arranged with Bible proof texts given, we might not improperly name the volumes 'The Bible in an Arranged Form'. That is to say, they are not mere comments on the Bible, but they are practically the Bible itself. Furthermore, not only do we find that people cannot see the divine plan in studying the Bible by intself, but we see, also, that if anyone lays the 'Scripture Studies' aside, even after he has used them...and goes to the BIBLE alone, thouh he has understood his Bible for ten years, our experience shows that within two years, he goes into darkness. On the other hand, if he had merely read the 'Scripture Studies' with their references and had not read a page of the Bible as such, he would be in the light at the end of two years, because he would have the light of the Scriptures.

Do you find anything disturbing about Russel's statement here??? He is putting 'Scripure Studies' on a higher level than the Bible, even saying if you only read the Bible you will go into darkness!!! AND, if you ONLY read 'Scripture Studies' without the Bible, you will be in the light!!! THAT, my friend is false teaching, and heresy. That is putting another book as higher authority than the Bible, and it is them twisting it to form their false doctrines, whereas if one studies the BIble alone, which contains the true, unperverted word of God, you WILL find the LIGHT, which is Jesus Christ. No, my friend, you are misled if you follow Russell's instructions to not read the Bible and read only 'Scripture Studies'.

joeboonda

fromthe heart said:
I took a look at the site and for most parts on Christianity it's right on...I didn't however read ALL of the references on there. I found the best way to determine what is correct and what is not is to read just the scriptures used by another religion to see just where all teh mistaken ideas come in to being.....Many are deceived by their religious teachings so all ideas should be proved by scripture alone. There is also the fact that many religious sects have redone the Bible to meet their personal views and end up taking a very straight forward Bible and make it a work of fiction to fit their beliefs.

Right, I am sure I could probably find SOMETHING to quibble with them about on their site, but mostly it seems pretty right on. A lot of time, even if I find something good from a site, if I do not agree with some other things I read, I will find another site.

Ody

Jehovahs' witnesses are humans, just like us. They deserve a certain respect on the forums, that we should not attack thier religion and declare them to be false prophets. Any attempt to do such a thing is mentally foolish, mean spirited, and unwelcoming to others on the forums. Lets keep the forums friendly to all guys, so show some respect. I haven't seen anyone really attack JW's and thier religion, but i am a little sure that it will likely happen. After all it happens on every other forum, so ya, keep it nice, keep away from the false prophet titles, and the false religion titles please.

may

joeboonda said:
You say the longer a person associates with Jehovah Witnesses, the more he learns about God and his will as revealed in the Bible. Why not just stick with the Bible? Here is something your Watchtower said in Sept. 15, 1910, page 298, Charles Russel said this: "If the six volumes of 'Scripture Studies' are practically the Bible, topically arranged with Bible proof texts given, we might not improperly name the volumes 'The Bible in an Arranged Form'. That is to say, they are not mere comments on the Bible, but they are practically the Bible itself. Furthermore, not only do we find that people cannot see the divine plan in studying the Bible by intself, but we see, also, that if anyone lays the 'Scripture Studies' aside, even after he has used them...and goes to the BIBLE alone, thouh he has understood his Bible for ten years, our experience shows that within two years, he goes into darkness. On the other hand, if he had merely read the 'Scripture Studies' with their references and had not read a page of the Bible as such, he would be in the light at the end of two years, because he would have the light of the Scriptures.

Do you find anything disturbing about Russel's statement here??? He is putting 'Scripure Studies' on a higher level than the Bible, even saying if you only read the Bible you will go into darkness!!! AND, if you ONLY read 'Scripture Studies' without the Bible, you will be in the light!!! THAT, my friend is false teaching, and heresy. That is putting another book as higher authority than the Bible, and it is them twisting it to form their false doctrines, whereas if one studies the BIble alone, which contains the true, unperverted word of God, you WILL find the LIGHT, which is Jesus Christ. No, my friend, you are misled if you follow Russell's instructions to not read the Bible and read only 'Scripture Studies'.
yes , the bible reveals many things in these last days , and the understanding about bible prophecy andGods purpose for the earth has been revealed to the faithful ones , matthew 24;45-47 and those who kept on the watch and did not fall asleep in a spiritual way. thrilling times indeed, its all happening in this time of the end
And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant.... Yes the faithful ones have had many things revealed to them in the last days ,and Jesus is the one who plays a very very big part in Gods purpose for the earth , and Jesus said that the faithful would be given greater responsibility in these last days , faithfulness to Gods word leads to great blessings , but also to great responsibility. feeding spiritualy starving ones on a global scale, is a great work now under way, but when the faithful have the backing of Jehovah God and Jesus christ nothing will stop that from being done , its all happening in this time of the end

Mystic-als

may - This scripture you've quoted is different to the one my bible says.
It makes a little difference. Like "Jehovah" is "the Lord". and "take notice of" is "acknowledge" and There is no "he himself" just "he" and "make your paths straight" is "direct you paths".

I agree they are close but definitly not the same.
For this I haven't used the my bible to check I just know.
This is what I mean when I say know what you believe. Christians are scared of other beliefs because we think they might confuse us or lead us astray. The bible says my sheep know my voice. We should know the voice of our God. And then we'll be able to see the differences between us and other similar beliefs.
Not an attack on you may just a good example of our differences.

joeboonda

But what do you think of Russell's statement that reading the Bible only will lead one into darkness but reading the "Scripture Studies" without the Bible would lead one into light? The Bible itself has to be the final authority, don't you think?

Mystic-als

No. I don't think any holy book has the final authority. BUT I'm a little warped in my beliefs as you can see. I honestly think that all holy books have a contribution to faith and life. And most of these truths can be found in the bible.

So no. Not the final authority but the most encomapssing. And so the best for any person of any religion to study.

I don't like the "scripture studies" statement at all. It's like saying Joeboonda and I will write down some coll thoughts on a few life issues and tell everybody that it's the final authority. NO. NO. NO.

may

joeboonda said:
But what do you think of Russell's statement that reading the Bible only will lead one into darkness but reading the "Scripture Studies" without the Bible would lead one into light? The Bible itself has to be the final authority, don't you think?
Yes the bible is the aurthority, and all of a christians beliefs should be based on what the bible says, and the faithful slave is now doing the work that Jesus has given them to do. matthew 24;45-47 yes the bible really is the word of God. its all happening in this time of the end.

Melody

may said:
Jehovah's Witnesses—Who Are They?
Why do many oppose Jehovah's Witnesses and tell me not to study with them?

May,
I have to admit that I've never really given this much thought before and didn't know what the JW's believed. I still don't since, after strolling around the internet, find that the majority of sites are seriously biased against or for and can't seem to find an unbiased site that will just list the beliefs. However, I did find this one which wasn't drowning in rhetoric. Can you clarify whether this is true? I haven't listed all their questions, just the ones I am concerned with most.

1. They have accepted the Organization as the Prophet of God.
2. They have accepted the Organization as God's sole channel for His truth.
3. They believe that to reject the Organization is to reject God.
4. They believe that only the Organization can interpret the Bible; as individuals they are unable to do so.
5. They believe the Watchtower Magazine contains God's truth, directed by Him, through the Organization.

What does the Organization and Watchtower Magazine teach that is in conflict with Orthodox Christianity?
1. That Jesus is a created being/a creature.
2. That Jesus is actually Michael the Archangel
3. That Jesus was not resurrected bodily, but as a spirit being.
4. That Jesus returned invisibly in 1914 (secretly to the Organization)
5. That Jesus was only a man when on earth, not the Word Become flesh.
6. That the Holy Spirit is only an active force, not the person of God.
9. That salvation is found only through the Organization.
12. That Jesus cannot be given worship, but only honor as Jehovah's first creation.

The Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe or teach some of the very basic tenets of Christian doctrine. They deny:
1. The Trinity.
2. The Omnipresence of God.
3. The Deity of Christ.
4. The dual nature of Christ.
5. The bodily resurrection of Christ.
6. The visible return of Christ.
7. The person of God the Holy Spirit.

I realize this is a lot and would prefer that your answers were kept to the basics if at all possible. Thanks. :)

may

Mystic-als said:
The end? of what?
The end of manmade goverments and rulerships, Gods heavenly kingdom goverment was set up in the heavens in 1914, and Jesus was made king of that kingdom ,and it will put an end to all manmade rulerships , yes we really are in the time of the end . and bible prophecy is now well along in these last days , the last days and the time of the end do not mean the end of the planet ,as some people say .
"And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite; Daniel 2;44 yes its all happening , the kingdom is now well established , and Jesus is directing the preaching work here down on the earth ,to make known about this heavenly goverment .
And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. matthew 24;14 people have got to be told about the goodnews of the kingdom , that is what Jesus wants his followers to be doing , making known about the kingdom .
(Mark 13:10) Also, in all the nations the good news has to be preached first

may

Melody said:
May,
I'm asking you, as a believer, to answer these questions since I've sorted through this website already and can't seem to find direct answers to these questions.
As one of JW , i am interested in the here and now , and like to make known about the established heavenly kingdom goverment with Jesus as its king , many things from years ago are now outdated and of no importance , i like to keep pace with the more up to date things in this time of the end. thrilling times indeed,
"And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant. Daniel 12;4 yes , the early bible students did rove around the bible , and now the true knowledge is abundant indeed.

Melody

may said:
As one of JW , i am interested in the here and now , and like to make known about the established heavenly kingdom goverment with Jesus as its king , many things from years ago are now outdated and of no importance , i like to keep pace with the more up to date things in this time of the end. thrilling times indeed,
"And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant. Daniel 12;4 yes , the early bible students did rove around the bible , and now the true knowledge is abundant indeed.

Sounds like prosletyzing as it doesn't answer or have anything to do with the questions asked.

fromthe heart

may said:
Yes the bible is the aurthority, and all of a christians beliefs should be based on what the bible says, and the faithful slave is now doing the work that Jesus has given them to do. matthew 24;45-47 yes the bible really is the word of God. its all happening in this time of the end.

When speaking of the 'BIBLE' what one does your faith use? How does it compare to the original KJV? From my understanding you use something specifically generated for JW's?

may

fromthe heart said:
When speaking of the 'BIBLE' what one does your faith use? How does it compare to the original KJV? From my understanding you use something specifically generated for JW's?
I use lots of different translations of bible, JW have a translation that is as close as can be to the original inspired word of God, but the KJV can be used also....................................................... That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. psalm 83;18............ all bibles are good , but some , like the NWT (JW) Bible ,is a better translation because it is not clouded by tradtions of men.

fromthe heart

may said:
I use lots of different translations of bible, JW have a translation that is as close as can be to the original inspired word of God, but the KJV can be used also....................................................... That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. psalm 83;18............ all bibles are good , but some , like the NWT (JW) Bible ,is a better translation because it is not clouded by tradtions of men.

Actually the KJV was comissioned due to the reason you mentioned...King James wanted only the true word of inspired writtings from God Himself...so the KJV especially the 1611 one which is the accomplishments of many scholars that were the best in the Hebrew and Greek languages commissioned by King James was the MOST accurate. Most others have been mistranslated and that's the truth. It took 54 brilliant men 4 years to do this wonderful work to bring us the accurate word of God....The versions that have been done since and for other secular types of religious leaders have mislead by mistranslation and IMPO from the evidence I've found the KJV is the ONLY correct version that meets closest to the original Greek and Hebrew text...if you use the KJV to compare other works as the Bible tells us to do then you will find all the mistranslations in each of them. It's just a matter of taking what the word of God tells us to do and being obedient to God not to be mislead. In the original scrolls written by the inspired word of God through men God allowed to be led to tell us all that we are to know to be obedient to God/Jehovah as you say. I challenge you to take a look at the differences in these different versions and do some research for yourself so you find your own truth so that you aren't being misled by worldly men with their own purposes. This is not to try to say you are doing abything wrong in what you believe just for your personal information so you can look for the truth in what God wants you to do for yourself. God will only judge us by our own personal deeds and not that of others so we must find truth for ourselves before we must stand before our Lord and say so.

Have a wopnderful week May.
Respectfully,:)
FTH

silvermoon383

Well, when it comes to figuring out while version of the Bible to use, I like to use other books that I hold as sacred to determine which one is closest. Since I hold all 4 of the Standard Works (Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price) as the word of God, the Bible version that agrees best with the other 3 would be the "best" translation. I use the KJV.