• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are they?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Shuttlecraft

I've had a soft spot for pagans ever since they toasted Edward Woodward in a wicker man for his bad acting

My favourite movie. Brit Ekland could turn anybody onto paganism.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Riverwolf

The remake is terrible - but please watch the original. Every shot is full of beautifully researched and crafted pagan symbolism. You will love it. I know its shlock b-grade old horror - but you will totally dig it.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Riverwolf

The remake is terrible - but please watch the original. Every shot is full of beautifully researched and crafted pagan symbolism. You will love it. I know its shlock b-grade old horror - but you will totally dig it.

I might. I really dislike the concept of Wicker Man human sacrifice, and the plot from Wikipedia's page made it seem like anti-Pagan nonsense.

Then again, Damh the Bard covered the song Gently Johnny from it, so...

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
I might. I really dislike the concept of Wicker Man human sacrifice, and the plot from Wikipedia's page made it seem like anti-Pagan nonsense.

Then again< Damh the Bard covered the song Gently Johnny from it, so...

Sure, but there is a love for the pagan traditions that shines through all of that. An England before Cromwell chipped all of the greenmen off of the churches. The pagan distopia it creates is SO beautiful. Very daring for its time. If you are a folk music tragic you will have a fit.

Julius Ceaser is the source I believe of the Wicker Man story, it was recorded in his book on the Gallic Wars.

Last edited:

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
He's Christian. They have a History of burning people at the stake. Maybe they like the smell of burning flesh.

I hear you Argentinians wanted to burn Jeremy Clarkson the other day..;)

"Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has spoken out after his cast and crew were chased by an angry crowd in Argentina...
The controversial host said his crew was forced to flee after a crowd became enraged at a Porsche with the registration number H982 FKL, which some people apparently suggested was a deliberate reference to the 1982 war between Argentina and the UK over the Falkland Islands"..

Jeremy Clarkson on Argentina

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Sure, but there is a love for the pagan traditions that shines through all of that. An England before Cromwell chipped all of the greenmen off of the churches. The pagan distopia it creates is SO beautiful. Very daring for its time. If you are a folk music tragic you will have a fit.

Julius Ceaser is the source I believe of the Wicker Man story, it was recorded in his book on the Gallic Wars.

Makes sense. I understand that while human sacrifice did happen across Northern Europe, there isn't much evidence that Wicker Man rituals involving human sacrifice were as widespread as Caesar's propaganda campaign made it out to be. I understand that most of the time, human sacrifice almost always involved a ritual killing with swords or knives, and then depositing the body in a bog.

Right now I have just this image on my altar. Everytime I remove all gods from it, I have dreams with a god and a goddess that appear in the shape of my parents as they looked when they were young... but they're not my parents. I still couldn't ask who they really are, but they seem helpful. A few days back I dreamt that goddess passed an amethyst through my shoulders to heal my aching muscles.

Who do you think they are?
Sounds like a demonic force, only evil spirits intervene with feelings use dreams to portray their message. A God interacts with His word, which is passed down generations. Feelings come and go but spiritual love is a mentality. God works in the mind and will not through dreams. Visions are important but these visions would correspond with His words. This makes the bible true and divinely inspired.