• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are the truth seekers here?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Who are the truth seekers in the Theological Concepts section?

It has come to my attention that there are many in RF who blatantly don't care about truth. They are just here to exercise their ability to play games. Such people waste my time.

There are also professed truth seekers who are off the yellow brick road, and sleeping in a dogma field.

I only care about talking to active rational truth seekers, and I want to know who you are. I mean objective truth. i.e. Correspondence to reality. I want to talk to people who not only use logic when it leads to conclusions they like, but also submit to logic when it leads to conclusions they don't like.

This thread will probably also attract responses from the people I have no use for, but that's OK; I want to know who to ignore.
You appear to lack an important characteristic for a genuine truth seeker: humility

Curious George

Veteran Member

It has come to my attention that there are many in RF who blatantly don't care about truth. They are just here to exercise their ability to play games. Such people waste my time.

There are also professed truth seekers who are off the yellow brick road, and sleeping in a dogma field.

I only care about talking to active rational truth seekers, and I want to know who you are. I mean objective truth. i.e. Correspondence to reality. I want to talk to people who not only use logic when it leads to conclusions they like, but also submit to logic when it leads to conclusions they don't like.

This thread will probably also attract responses from the people I have no use for, but that's OK; I want to know who to ignore.
Lol, stepping into a bees nest?

There are plenty here that would meet your intellectual and philosophical needs. But I am not sure that the most logical way to sort them is, as you have in your OP, by requesting a head count.

The problem with expecting dialogue is that many users whose discussion you might find compelling are on here sporadically. Other times, you may be posting about a topic that is not of interest to them at the moment.

RF is definitely a place where one must read and think to sort. There have been a couple of extremely logical and knowledgeable posters that have been extremely dismissive. There are others who are playful. Still there are more who are hard to understand at times. I think that if you posted a thread asking who other posters found to be the most logical/insightful posters, you might be able to shortcut the system a little. But please be advised that this will not account for all the posters whom you should read (undoubtedly because I won't make the cut). Nonetheless, I think that honest requests for thoughtful consideration in the OP should decrease the silliness of the responses as most posters are respectful here. Further, posting in the philosophy section might help your pursuit.

Best regards

Ellen Brown

I wasn't raised with religion, though around age 12, I felt there was a Creator for sure. It would not be until I was 27 that I had an encounter with a God that felt real. For various reasons, I did not want an organized religion, but wanted to worship the Creator with those who believed the Bible Literally, and did not throw out ideas that felt "key" to me. Much later relief missions and missionary trips made me think that was serving God. Oh the trail of pain.

I've had exposure to Christianity and Islam and plan to explore what the Jews believe. In my reading Zoroastrianism and Yazidism are fascinating but I am a mere novice.

Being a faithful follower of the Creator has been hard and trying and I've made many mistakes. Right now, Micah 6:8, Matt 22:36-40 seem to be all that is left of me. It seems clear to me that one who says they follow Jesus by showing love to others and adoring God. It is repulsive to me to attack someone of another belief. I am not the judge but the servant.

If I am not good enough for you, then I wish you peace.

Cary Cook

Well! Excuuuse me!
Lol.
I hope you have some good conversations.
If I may ask, you believe in one God, but a non-Scriptural one. So what evidence do you think exists for God?
I see no reliable evidence one way or the other, so the default probability based on evidence is 50%.

Cary Cook

I wasn't raised with religion, though around age 12, I felt there was a Creator for sure. It would not be until I was 27 that I had an encounter with a God that felt real. For various reasons, I did not want an organized religion, but wanted to worship the Creator with those who believed the Bible Literally, and did not throw out ideas that felt "key" to me. Much later relief missions and missionary trips made me think that was serving God. Oh the trail of pain.

I've had exposure to Christianity and Islam and plan to explore what the Jews believe. In my reading Zoroastrianism and Yazidism are fascinating but I am a mere novice.

Being a faithful follower of the Creator has been hard and trying and I've made many mistakes. Right now, Micah 6:8, Matt 22:36-40 seem to be all that is left of me. It seems clear to me that one who says they follow Jesus by showing love to others and adoring God. It is repulsive to me to attack someone of another belief. I am not the judge but the servant.

If I am not good enough for you, then I wish you peace.
Good to hear from you again. I think we may benefit from comparing experiences, but that you will have no use for rational argument. Agree?

Cary Cook

I am very serious about believing what is provably true and rejecting what is provably untrue. Count me in.
Thanks. I'll remember you for future discussions.
What about the big area in the middle between provably true and provably untrue? Do you have a general policy to cover that area, or judge each case individually?

Last edited:

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Incorrect. Humility is irrelevant to truth seeking.
Humility gives one the ability to acknowledge ones errors and ones ignorance. Allows one to sincerely listen and learn from others. People without humility are unable to learn and hence unable to seek truth effectively.

Are you seeking truth here, or simply wish to propound your beliefs at others?

Cary Cook

Jeeez. I just checked out your website using Firefox and it comes out looking like a horrid mess. What on earth did you use to create it? OIC, it's formatted for Internet Explorer. Ick.

Personally, I'm not big on "the Truth" as the truth is that "Truth" is a variable that is different from person to person, as we never see things quite the same way.
Thank you. That's all I need to know.