1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are the Proud Boys? Start here.

Discussion in 'North American Politics' started by Terry Sampson, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Saint Frankenstein

Saint Frankenstein Caritas Christi Urget Nos
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +18,260
    Religion:
    Christian
    I think it's stupid, too. But they were founded by Gavin McInnis, who is a Catholic (and a hateful douchbag hipster *******).

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. exchemist

exchemist Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +10,684
    Religion:
    RC (culturally at least)
    So....that means all the ones with thick glasses are gay, then? :confused:

3. ecco

ecco Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,465
    Religion:
    atheist

Trump Tries to Step Out of the Proud Boys Mess He Created
    Asked by CNN host John Berman what the president meant by asking the Proud Boys to “stand back and stand by,” the Trump flack replied that the president “wants them to get out of the way” and “not do the things they say they want to do.”
    That's more than a stretch. Why do Trump's people always have to "clarify" his comments?

Hours later on MSNBC, Trump senior campaign adviser Jason Miller gave his interpretation of what Trump meant with his “stand by” message to the far-right group. Asked by host Chuck Todd what the president wants the group to do following his message, Miller claimed Trump was calling for extremist groups to “stand by the wayside and get out of the way” of law enforcement.
    So, stand by means get out of the way. That's a new one. Why do Trump's people always have to "clarify" his comments?

The Proud Boys celebrated Trump’s remarks on Tuesday night, seeing Trump’s refusal to denounce them as a sign of his support. The group redesigned their logo on Tuesday night to incorporate “stand back, stand by” as a new slogan.
    Honesty from the mouths of the horses.

Others went further. Joe Biggs, a prominent Proud Boy who has worn shirts declaring “I’m Just Here for the Violence” and celebrating the executions of left-wing Chilean activists thrown from helicopters, posted that Trump’s remarks were permission to “go **** them up.”

“Trump basically said to go **** them up!” Biggs wrote on Parler, a social media network popular with conservatives. “This makes me so happy.”
    And more...
    Extremist groups like the Proud Boys saw Trump’s debate remarks as a “green light,” according to Lindsay Schubiner, a program director at the left-leaning Western States Center, which tracks the Proud Boys and other far-right groups.
    The ProudBoys didn't need any clarifications.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Left Coast

Left Coast Happy Spring!
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,898
    Religion:
    Secular Buddhist
    Oh well now I HAVE to join.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Terry Sampson

Terry Sampson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,344
    Where am I and how did I get here?

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Vinayaka

Vinayaka devotee
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +16,965
    Religion:
    Saivite Hindu
    I'm not familiar with these kinds of laws in the US. But can't Trump order the national Guard to support vigilantes who support him? Can a general or anyone just override his decision?

7. Brickjectivity

Brickjectivity Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +11,796
    Religion:
    liber-scripta grim Christian
    Perhaps they are concerned about the election getting stolen? If so, why? Perhaps they have been led to think that voter fraud is rampant. That is of concern if they truly believe that and are thinking of military action. They call themselves Chauvinist which sounds anti feminist. It suggests they believe feminism is somehow their opponent. They do seem dangerous, however I think its best to let the FBI determine what their deal is without assuming too much and starting a fight.

Did you guys see the Onion video of the Pennsylvania steelworker who read 800 pages of queer-feminist literature? You should. I won't post it here, because I'm too chicken and its generally insulting to all concerned. It totally worth it though no matter who you are. Go see it.

I also suggest toning down the accusation of 'Nazi' unless somebody claims to be one. The Nazis believed in strength through breeding and elimination of the weak. I won't presume anybody is a Nazi or a racist. It is quite the insult, far too much to bring into the conversation unless someone is specifically claiming to be a Nazi or holds to those evil ideals. Even if they have associated with Nazis I'll just leave at least a dotted line for them to jump across.

8. Saint Frankenstein

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +18,260
    Religion:
    Christian
    The president can't support vigilantism and the military isn't for domestic law enforcement. (Although the National Guard can be called to help with civil unrest, but that's about it and it's up to a state's governor to call them in, usually.)

#48 Saint Frankenstein, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  9. Erebus

Erebus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,406
    Religion:
    Pagan
    I suppose that's one way to keep your members twitchy and frustrated.

I'm absolutely not sorry for how I phrased that.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. SomeRandom

SomeRandom Still learning to be wise

Ratings:
    +7,638
    Did you know, one of their “initiation rituals” involves getting beaten up whilst listing off breakfast cereals?
    No I am not making that up, I learnt that from watching Thought Slime’s video on them.
    For reference
    I’ve seen them on the world news every now and then. Even through the ultra neutral lens of SBS they seemed fashy to me.

11. Jaiket

Jaiket Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,316
    Religion:
    Something else
    Finally, masturbation is antifascist! I know I'll do my duty...

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. lewisnotmiller

lewisnotmiller Grand Hat

Ratings:
    +11,305
    Religion:
    atheist
    Why? Just look at what they themselves claim, and judge that.
    I never met Pol Pot, but I've done a little research. I'm quite comfortable denouncing him.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Twilight Hue

Twilight Hue The gentle embrace of twilight has become my guide

Ratings:
    +14,076
    Religion:
    Philosophical Buddhism
    Alternatively Biden said Antifa was essentially a concept. The man is blind as a bat when it comes to his own gaggle of radicals. So it's essentially a pot calling the kettle black as far as I'm concerned.

14. Saint Frankenstein

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +18,260
    Religion:
    Christian
    What I always thought was funny about the Proud Boys is that their founder, Gavin McInnis, is a hipster douche. Like all hipsters, he's very vain about his looks and is hardly a great example of masculinity. He probably hasn't done a bit of manual labor in his life and hasn't been in a real fight. These types care more about hair product than they do about engaging in traditionally masculine pursuits (besides drinking beer, but even then it's snobby craft beer and not the beer working men drink). He's just a sissy middle class white boy who is a tuff guy in his own mind. It's really quite hilarious.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Twilight Hue

Twilight Hue The gentle embrace of twilight has become my guide

Ratings:
    +14,076
    Religion:
    Philosophical Buddhism
    The whole sordid affair summed up here...

Biden can't even provide a name of a specific group that is behind the proud boys and is equally dismissive at recognizing Antifa as nothing more than an idea.

And people here are accusing Trump of things when Biden is just as bad himself?

I would surmise the late Mr.Byrd taught Biden well in the art of dismissivness and hypocrisy.

16. Terry Sampson

Terry Sampson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,344
    If you catch me calling anyone a Nazi, call me on it. If you catch me quoting someone who is calling someone else a Nazi or who is identifying him- or herself as a Nazi and I fail to cite my source for the quote, call me on it. In my dictionary, "Nazi" is not a label to be thrown about casually.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tambourine

Tambourine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,311
    Religion:
    Some Nonsense
    Like you met all those Antifa and BLM activists that you're convinced are Marxist terrorists?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Tambourine

Ratings:
    +1,311
    Religion:
    Some Nonsense
    Which mainstream media have you seen "defend Antifa", and in what context?

19. Tambourine

Ratings:
    +1,311
    Religion:
    Some Nonsense
    In my case, you are mistaking statements of fact for accusations.

But sure, let's entertain the notion that you can never tell whether anybody is a Nazi until they've murdered at least 10 million people while flying Swastikah flags and goosestepping in brown uniforms. What exactly does that bring to the conversation other than "well those guys are not literally Hitler yet"?

20. Quetzal

Quetzal A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,230
    This is clearly a joke, right?