• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are the Proud Boys? Start here.

Cooky

Veteran Member
In fact, using my own logic, I can say that I think leaves and cactus skin is "soft" because those are the receptors that extract molecules from the air, and that our skin is also soft in the same way -- because molecules can't be extracted and distributed in hard substances.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
By using the logic and sense of the brain... For instance, I don't need a foreign conscious network to tell me that the sun is hot and produces heat.
Actually, yes you do. We learn that the sun is hot through logical induction. It's a conclusion formed via examining facts.

I also was able to figure out that Trees are not made solely from minerals in the soil, I was able to figure out on my own that this wasn't true, because there are not giant potholes at the base of large trees... Trees gain the majority of their mas by extracting carbon molecules from the air.
You just described reaching a conclusion by examining facts (I.e: an opinion which IS substantiated, albeit not with a very rational conclusion, since your conclusion is based on a false premise, but it's still a conclusion BASED ON something you observe). What you're describing is the exact opposite of what you said earlier.

I'm asking how you can verify the truth value of something you accept WITHOUT substantiation.

Last edited:

Cooky

Veteran Member
The point in question is whether or not we get your ultra-right political leanings, yeah, we get it.

If that's how you want to categorize me. Personally I have no political chains... No ties to any party, I just use logic that is superior to most others. Really, you should just follow me if you're in need of political guidance. ;) just kidding.

Tambourine

Oh okay... There are no radical left wing extremists... Not a single one... :rolleyes:

Is that really your position? o_O

...I guess William van Spronson, Conner Betts, Michael Forest Reinoehl, and Blake David Hampe don't exist in your imagination.
Can you identify what makes them "radical leftists"?

Alternatively, you could just continue blowing hot air in my direction until I lose interest.

Tambourine

If that's how you want to categorize me. Personally I have no political chains... No ties to any party, I just use logic that is superior to most others. Really, you should just follow me if you're in need of political guidance. ;) just kidding.
Please, tell us more about how the Proud Boys are fine people with good ideas.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Actually, yes you do. We learn that the sun is hot through logical induction. It's a conclusion formed via examining facts.

Actually, I learned that the sun was hot when I was 3, before I knew what facts were.

You just described reaching a conclusion by examining facts (I.e: an opinion which IS substantiated, albeit not with a very rational conclusion, since your conclusion is based on a false premise, but it's still a conclusion BASED ON something you observe). What you're describing is the exact opposite of what you said earlier.

I'm sorry you're not satisfied with my answer.

To clarify, I don’t think any decision or conclusion I've ever come to has been a result of anything other than my environment or previous experiences... I'm not sure what you assume an "unsubstantiated opinion" actually is by definition. My understanding is that it's a conclusion based on an array of personal perspectives, typically from previous feelings or thoughts stored within our minds from prior experiences and environmental observations...

Cooky

Veteran Member
You sure don't answer any of mine.

I'm familiar with many debate methods, it's not my first rodeo... The more questions you ask, the more opportunities you get to critique... It keeps you always on the offense and me always on the defense.

I prefer a debate where people exchange ideas equally, where one person is not constantly asking questions of another and then complaining when the other doesn't want to play along.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Actually, I learned that the sun was hot when I was 3, before I knew what facts were.
But that has nothing to do with whether or not you believe things for good reasons. You were told the sun was hot because the facts indicated it. You were informed of a substantiated belief. You didn't Intuit a correct answer.

I'm sorry you're not satisfied with my answer.

To clarify, I don’t think any decision or conclusion I've ever come to has been a result of anything other than my environment or previous experiences... I'm not sure what you assume an "unsubstantiated opinion" actually is by definition. My understanding is that it's a conclusion based on an array of personal perspectives, typically from previous feelings or thoughts stored within our minds from prior experiences and environmental observations...
That's called substantiation.

To substantiate a belief simply means to have REASONS to believe it (good or bad). It's by examining and comparing these reasons that we can hope to determine which beliefs are more likely to be true.

Tambourine

What a shame. Though innovative thinking does take time to master, so I can understand how that's difficult for some to come to terms with and appreciate.
I suppose I could credit you with astonishing creativity for coming up with your particular brand of surrealist political storytelling.

Tambourine

I'm familiar with many debate methods, it's not my first rodeo... The more questions you ask, the more opportunities you get to critique... It keeps you always on the offense and me always on the defense.
Indeed, you've grasped it perfectly - the best way for you to never lose a debate is to make statements so nonsensical and devoid of meaningful information so as to render any potential questions pointless. And you're already employing that insight to great effect! ;)

I prefer a debate where people exchange ideas equally, where one person is not constantly asking questions of another and then complaining when the other doesn't want to play along.
But you evidently don't like it when you have to substantiate your ramblings with supporting evidence, so a traditional fact's based debate based on reasoning would be right out.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Indeed, you've grasped it perfectly - the best way for you to never lose a debate is to make statements so nonsensical and devoid of meaningful information so as to render any potential questions pointless. And you're already employing that insight to great effect! ;)

But you evidently don't like it when you have to substantiate your ramblings with supporting evidence, so a traditional fact's based debate based on reasoning would be right out.

Thing is, I go into pretty extreme detail in my posts already... So excessive one-sided questions become extra burdensome. And again, there's absolutely zero benefit to me in doing so. And to take it a step further, I highly doubt extra information will be accepted in kind by you... Typically, from my experiences, you tend to use everything I say against me (or at least try to).

Cooky

Veteran Member
I suppose I could credit you with astonishing creativity for coming up with your particular brand of surrealist political storytelling.

It would be in your best interest to begin showing me respect from now on, so that I have mercy on you, and take you under my wing. You can't beat me in debates. It's not even worth you trying.

Tambourine

Thing is, I go into pretty extreme detail in my posts already... So excessive one-sided questions become extra burdensome. And again, there's absolutely zero benefit to me in doing so. And to take it a step further, I highly doubt extra information will be accepted in kind by you... Typically, from my experiences, you tend to use everything I say against me (or at least try to).
You've never actually debated me, so LOL about your "experiences". You really are a gifted storyteller and jokester extraordinaire.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Actually, you probably didn't know the word but you knew if it was really day or night outside, and would know if someone saying it daytime was being truthful or not. If it was night time, without knowing the word fact you still would have known it was night time because the sun was down.
Just as you didn't just know the sun was hot, you logically worked this out through observation, likely just because it is hotter during the day and you can feel warmth when stepping out into the sun. Ergo, even to a child, the sun is hot.