• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are the Proud Boys? Start here.

Cooky

Veteran Member
You know what your problem is @Tambourine..? It's that you're spending a lot of time and effort *trying* to catch me on something rather than *actually* catching me on something... Try a new hobby (something maybe you can succeed in). :)

Tambourine

You know what your problem is @Tambourine..? It's that you're spending a lot of time and effort *trying* to catch me on something rather than *actually* catching me on something... Try a new hobby (something maybe you can succeed in). :)
Jackie-Chan-Meme-300x192.jpg

What the heck are you talking about?
What would I want to "catch" you for? And why?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Sure, let's do this song and dance again.

Have you ever personally met any of these leftists, @Cooky, yes or no?

What you don't seem to grasp is that you're willing to paint an entire group (Proud Boys) a certain way, while simultaneously denouncing me for stating the *fact* that there are some radical, violent and destructive leftists, which is true. Your agenda has a gaping hole in it... It's deeply flawed.

...Why continue? You're only embarrassing yourself.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Jackie-Chan-Meme-300x192.jpg

What the heck are you talking about?
What would I want to "catch" you for? And why?

It seems pretty obvious that you're attempting to catch me in some kind of hypocrisy... It looks like your "trying" because you really have no logic in your argument -- that's why it looks that way to me.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What you don't seem to grasp is that you're willing to paint an entire group (Proud Boys) a certain way, while simultaneously denouncing me for stating the *fact* that there are some radical, violent and destructive leftists, which is true. Your agenda has a gaping hole in it... It's deeply flawed.

...Why continue? You're only embarrassing yourself.
They basically are. Such as, they are openlu chauvinist. They are all RW militants. And typically non-radicals do not militarize.

Cooky

Veteran Member
They basically are. Such as, they are openlu chauvinist. They are all RW militants. And typically non-radicals do not militarize.

Being a chauvinist doesn't make one a neo-Nazi white supremacists though. And some of the top Proud Boy leaders are Puerto Rican.

Tambourine

denouncing me for stating the *fact* that there are some radical, violent and destructive leftists, which is true.
How would you know that? Not only have you never met any radical leftists, you couldn't even come up with a single identifying feature when prompted. You are clearly incapable of distinguishing between radical leftists and any other group of people.

Last edited:

Tambourine

Being a chauvinist makes you, by default, not a good person. I never said they are neo-Nazis. But they are radical RW militants. This is who they are. Not good people.
Sure, but that's because you don't agree with any of their ideas or methods.

Tambourine

It seems pretty obvious that you're attempting to catch me in some kind of hypocrisy... It looks like your "trying" because you really have no logic in your argument -- that's why it looks that way to me.
Is that why you were trying so hard to avoid answering my question? Because you're afraid to be "caught"?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Sure, but that's because you don't agree with any of their ideas or methods.
Well, sure, except we generally don't allow that excuse for Nazis, Inquisitors, Klansmen, ISIS, or other militarized fanatics. Jim Jones was also doing good. As was David Koresh....if you ask them and their followers. Except you can't, because they're mostly dead because saying you are a good person doesn't make you one.

Cooky

Veteran Member
How would you know that? Not only have you never met any radical leftists, you couldn't even come up with a single identifying feature when prompted. You are clearly incapable of distinguishing between radical leftists and any other group of people.

Oh okay... There are no radical left wing extremists... Not a single one... :rolleyes:

Is that really your position? o_O

...I guess William van Spronson, Conner Betts, Michael Forest Reinoehl, and Blake David Hampe don't exist in your imagination.

Last edited:

Cooky

Veteran Member
Is that why you were trying so hard to avoid answering my question? Because you're afraid to be "caught"?

Most of your questions aren't worth my time, including the one I'm responding to. They're either inflammatory, totally absurd or loaded.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Of course not, that's normal human behavior. There's no way to account for all the subconscious memories or thoughts our brain uses during the thinking process. To reject our conscience until all facets of it's processes can be analyzed and proven "substantiated" is radical, fundamentalist scientism...

...It's no better than religious fundamentalism, where the conscience is also overridden for "texts".
So, to seek substantiation for our beliefs and base them on facts rather than emotion or doctrine is "radical, fundamentalist Scientism"?

You're cute.

Cooky

Veteran Member
So, to seek substantiation for our beliefs and base them on facts rather than emotion or doctrine is "radical, fundamentalist Scientism"?

You're cute.

Don't underestimate the functions of the human brain... To restrict our thoughts to "words" is to cheapen the conscience... It's like turning a color movie production into a black and white one... This, of course, isn't to say that we shouldn't feed our minds new information every chance we can -of course we should... But we should not discard the complexities of the brain either for what the brain has done, or others' have done.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Don't underestimate the functions of the human brain... To restrict our thoughts to "words" is to cheapen the conscience... It's like turning a color movie production into a black and white one... This, of course, isn't to say that we shouldn't feed our minds new information every chance we can -of course we should... But we should not discard the complexities of the brain either for what the brain has done, or others' have done.
So how do you determine whether or not something is likely to be true? And why do you think any input you have in a political debate forum has any value if you don't consider facts when forming your opinions?

Also, the function of the human brain is the ability to investigate facts and change your mind. If you believe truth just forms in the brain apropos of nothing, you are the one underestimating the human brain.

Cooky

Veteran Member
So how do you determine whether or not something is likely to be true? And why do you think any input you have in a political debate forum has any value if you don't consider facts when forming your opinions?

I use facts. But you have to consider that when there is no concrete evidence and something is not verifiable, the human mind is very capable of using complex networks that exist behind our conscious awareness. These are not archaic functions that we need to discard or block out. There is no reason to see one as inferior and the other superior, although there are many within the realm of scientism who believe that.

images.jpeg-4.jpg

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I use facts. But you have to consider that when there is no concrete evidence and something is not verifiable, the human mind is very capable of using complex networks that exist behind our conscious awareness. These are not archaic functions that we need to discard or block out. There is no reason to see one as inferior and the other superior, although there are many within the realm of scientism who believe that.

View attachment 43772
So how do you determine the truth of something that is not investigated by a conscious network or by investigating facts?

Cooky

Veteran Member
So how do you determine the truth of something that is not investigated by a conscious network or by investigating facts?

By using the logic and sense of the brain... For instance, I don't need a foreign conscious network to tell me that the sun is hot and produces heat. I also was able to figure out that Trees are not made solely from minerals in the soil, I was able to figure out on my own that this wasn't true, because there are not giant potholes at the base of large trees... Trees gain the majority of their mas by extracting carbon molecules from the air.

Last edited: