• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are the 'lost sheep' of Israel that Jesus spoke of?

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Torah and Gospels are pseudo history. I agree with you.
Gospels copy/plagiarize/adapt from Torah as per your understanding.

Regards

The Torah and Gospels are history. But it is written by many hands and many stories encapsulated into one finished article. So you might only get one sentence out of a paragraph about the people you 'think' you are talking about. It is therefore history, but not as we would normally call history, as you have to understand the language. That is not even easy for a believer let alone a non...

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
That is why it is called pseudo history.

Regards

'pseudo' means: not authentic, or, not genuine.

It is genuine it is authentic. It is history but it is snapshots of history. You want it written a certain way to conform with your own ideas. You cannot dismiss something that is true as being 'not genuine' when it is. That is not right.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Jesus in the gospels said that he came only to the lost sheep of Israel, opening the debate to rather Jesus only considered his teachings for Jews.

I'd like to put forth for consideration that 'lost sheep of Israel' means the nations in light of what Israel's comission is- to be a light to the nations.

Jesus told his disciples that he had sheep in other folds (John 10:16). I would suggest these other sheep are Gentiles. Jesus was using Israel to mean the kingdom of the elect, which the physical nation of Israel alludes to. The elect here meaning- those who know God, who are given knowledge of the mysteries.

I'd like to know what you think Jesus meant by the lost sheep.

Jesus didn't mean 'The Jews'..... he only meant the lowest 5 classes of the Jews. He considered all of the High classes of Jews to be despicable, just as John the Baptist did. But his mission was for the lowest classes of Jews only, for they were the the only Jews practising the pure way of life.

Much of what Jesus said was twisted and turned by the evangelicals, such as Paul. I think that your ideas about this are probably 'Pauline'.

roger1440

I do stuff
OK. The for the Christians here what does this mean?

4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

The sign of Jonah was Jonah being three days and nights in the belly of a great fish. The sign itself points to the prayer of Jonah. Without Jonah’s prayer there is no sign.