• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are the legs and feet?

Clara Tea

Firstly the Bab and Baha'u'llah have shown us that Christ is the Name we come to God under, that is, that all that have a Faith, have to come through Christ to God.

Now the Quandary, what Name does one cling to to see that One God?

Regards Tony

Non-Christian faiths don't worship Christ, but they might worship God, whether that God is the same God as the Christian God or a different one.

Clara Tea

I noticed you say about islam certain thing, but i have not yet understood if you say islam is bad in your view. Or you just say islam will be the mainly religion in the end times :confused:

Unless religions advocate violence, they are peaceful. Religions can do a lot of good, and can have good intentions.

However, most of the problems in the past were about ignoring God's requests.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Unless religions advocate violence, they are peaceful. Religions can do a lot of good, and can have good intentions.

However, most of the problems in the past were about ignoring God's requests.
Unfortunatly many who claim to be religious do not do as God ask of us :oops:

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I believe it is the Islamic Caliphate. Others believe it is the Roman Empire. Which kingdom do you think it is?
The stone is Jesus, all Christians agree on that.
992C50495C40E0890B

Could be the two halves of the later Empire, so the Eastern Muslim nations and Rome's confederacy/future Empire. Scary days ahead!

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe it is the Islamic Caliphate. Others believe it is the Roman Empire. Which kingdom do you think it is?
The stone is Jesus, all Christians agree on that.
992C50495C40E0890B

I believe it is the Byzantine Empire. It is part Roman and part eastern. Some of the emperors had an Armenian ancestry.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I am Christian, and I - along with millions of Christians, do not believe the stone is Jesus.
The Bible does not say that.

Read the prophecy again. The stone is the Kingdom of God.
(Daniel 2:44, 45) 44 “In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever, 45 just as you saw that out of the mountain a stone was cut not by hands, and that it crushed the iron, the copper, the clay, the silver, and the gold. The Grand God has made known to the king what will happen in the future. The dream is true, and its interpretation is trustworthy.”

Jesus is the king but he does not rule alone.
(Genesis 49:10) The scepter will not depart from Judah, neither the commander’s staff from between his feet, until Shiloh comes, and to him the obedience of the peoples will belong.

(Daniel 7:27) “‘And the kingdom and the rulership and the grandeur of the kingdoms under all the heavens were given to the people who are the holy ones of the Supreme One. Their kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all rulerships will serve and obey them.’

(Psalm 2:6) Saying: “I myself have installed my king On Zion, my holy mountain.”

(Matthew 6:10) Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth.

(Luke 12:32) “Have no fear, little flock, for your Father has approved of giving you the Kingdom.

(Luke 22:28-30) “However, you are the ones who have stuck with me in my trials; and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, so that you may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the 12 tribes of Israel.

(2 Timothy 2:12) if we go on enduring, we will also rule together as kings; if we deny, he will also deny us;

(Hebrews 12:28) Therefore, seeing that we are to receive a Kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us continue to receive undeserved kindness, through which we may acceptably offer God sacred service with godly fear and awe.

(James 2:5) Listen, my beloved brothers. Did not God choose those who are poor from the world’s standpoint to be rich in faith and heirs of the Kingdom, which he promised to those who love him?

(John 18:36) Jesus answered: “My Kingdom is no part of this world. If my Kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my Kingdom is not from this source.”

(Revelation 11:15) The seventh angel blew his trumpet. And there were loud voices in heaven, saying: “The kingdom of the world has become the Kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will rule as king forever and ever.”

(Revelation 20:6) Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and they will rule as kings with him for the 1,000 years.

(Revelation 1:6) and he made us to be a kingdom, priests to his God and Father—yes, to him be the glory and the might forever. Amen.

(Revelation 5:9, 10) And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”

Where did you read that the stone is Jesus? Which scripture says that?
What is the basis for you believing that the legs refer to the Islamic Caliphate? What scriptures lead you to assume that?

I believe the Kingdom of God is nothing without King Jesus.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Didn't know it was a reference to a prophecy. That seems to be the part I was missing. I couldn't make heads or tails of what the post was getting st because of that. :p

I believe it probably should have been posted in Biblical debates.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I believe it is the Byzantine Empire. It is part Roman and part eastern. Some of the emperors had an Armenian ancestry.
Why guess when the Bible give us the answer loud and clear?
How much louder do people want it sounded?
It's so clear as to make one go Wow at people continually guessing at all sorts of ideas.
Who's going to whisper it in your ear, if you wave the back of your hand at the angel - Gabriel at that. :frowning:

Please, consider what the Bible tells us..
(Daniel 2:19-21) 19 Then the secret was revealed to Daniel in a vision at night. So Daniel praised the God of heaven. 20Daniel declared: “Let the name of God be praised for all eternity, For wisdom and mightiness are his alone. 21He changes times and seasons, Removes kings and sets up kings, Gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those with discernment.

(Daniel 2:36, 37) 36 “This is the dream, and we will now tell the king its interpretation. 37You, O king - the king of kings to whom the God of heaven has given the kingdom, the might, the strength, and the glory,

(Daniel 2:38-40) 38 . . .you yourself are the head of gold. 39“But after you another kingdom will rise, inferior to you; then another kingdom, a third one, of copper, that will rule over the whole earth. 40 “As for the fourth kingdom, it will be strong like iron. For just as iron crushes and pulverizes everything else, yes, like iron that shatters, it will crush and shatter all of these.

It's a succession of kingdoms.
Daniel identifies only the first kingdom represented by king Nebuchadnezzar - Babylon. That's easy.
However, we are left with a question mark. Who are the second, third, and fourth?

We are not left in the dark for long.
Daniel is still in Babylon, when another king - Belshazzar - requires an interpretation.
Here is an artist's depiction of the account.
a8ccf1036646968dc18375b6655f4fab.jpg

(Daniel 5:25-28) 25 And this is the writing that was inscribed: MEʹNE, MEʹNE, TEʹKEL, and PARʹSIN. 26 “This is the interpretation of the words: MEʹNE, God has numbered the days of your kingdom and brought it to an end. 27 “TEʹKEL, you have been weighed in the balances and found lacking. 28“PEʹRES, your kingdom has been divided and given to the Medes and the Persians.”

Babylon would fall to the Medes and Persians - the second kingdom..
Sure enough, God did not lie.

What about the third?
The angel Gabriel answers that question with vivid imagery.
3a8e36525e44e714c931d6dcab22593c.jpg

Daniel has a dream.
The Bible account reads...
(Daniel 8:15-22) 15 While I, Daniel, was watching the vision and seeking to understand it, suddenly I saw standing in front of me someone who appeared to be a man. 16 Then I heard the voice of a man in the midst of the Ulai, and he called out: “Gabriel, make that one understand what he saw.” 17So he came near to where I was standing, but when he came I was so terrified that I fell facedown. He said to me: “Understand, O son of man, that the vision is for the time of the end.” 18 But while he was speaking with me, I fell fast asleep with my face to the ground. So he touched me and made me stand up where I had been standing. 19Then he said: “Here I am causing you to know what will happen in the final part of the denunciation, because it is for the appointed time of the end. 20“The two-horned ram that you saw stands for the kings of Media and Persia. 21The hairy male goat stands for the king of Greece; and the great horn that was between its eyes stands for the first king. 22 As for the horn that was broken, so that four stood up instead of it, there are four kingdoms from his nation that will stand up, but not with his power.

The goat totally demolished the ram.
Yes. God did not lie. Greece conquered Media Persia.
Gabriel identifies Greece as the successor of Media Persia. Greece is the third kingdom.
As we can see, the prophecy continues beyond Alexander the Great's rule.

Now the mysterious fourth king.
It's not a mystery for those with understanding and discernment.
For the answer, we leave Daniel, and we let John tell us what the angel reveals to him.
(Revelation 17:3) And he carried me away in the power of the spirit into a wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet-colored wild beast that was full of blasphemous names and that had seven heads and ten horns.
(Revelation 17:9-11) 9 “This calls for a mind that has wisdom: The seven heads mean seven mountains, where the woman sits on top. 10And there are seven kings: Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet arrived; but when he does arrive, he must remain a short while. 11 And the wild beast that was but is not, it is also an eighth king, but it springs from the seven, and it goes off into destruction.

During John's time, five kingdoms had fallen, and one is. There are seven.
The kingdom that was present in John's day, was Rome.
So all we need to to, to be sure of the fourth king in Daniel Chapter 2, is either take a historical journey back, or a Biblical journey forward.
Both journeys give the same results.

Historical
Rome conquered Greece and succeeded it.
Greece conquered Media Persia and succeeded it.
Media Persia conquered Babylon and succeeded it.
Babylon conquered Assyria and succeeded it.
At the Fall of Harran (609 BC), the Babylonians and Medes defeated an Assyrian-Egyptian alliance, after which Assyria largely ceased to exist as an independent state. A last defeat at Harran ended the Assyrian Empire.
Interesting how historical evidence confirms these world powers.
There is no mention of a large battle between the Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians and Medes in 608 BC, which would have been mentioned in contemporary sources as it marked conflict of the four greatest military powers of their day,
Assyria conquered and succeeded Egypt.
Biblical

So when we really consider the Bible, there really is no need to guess.
Figuring out the seventh king might not be that easy, but this is where the earthly part of Gods organization is important.

Last edited: