• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses?

djhwoodwerks

No, the scriptures said that...not me. (Rev 3:14)

There are 2 problems with this statement.
1) It says nothing about Jesus being Michael
2) The resurrected Jesus is the beginning of the "NEW" creation of God.

Rev 3:14 (ESVST) 14 "And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: 'The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation.

2Co 5:16-17 (ESVST) . 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is "a new creation". The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. (Jesus is the beginning of the "NEW" creation)

Gal 6:13-15 (ESVST) . 14 But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 For neither circumcision counts for anything, nor uncircumcision, but "a new creation".

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Since we do not believe that Jesus is God and it is not a doctrine of our faith, we are free to believe that an archangel will use his own voice. Why would the Lord Jesus use the voice of a lesser being when calling his own to heaven?
Right! Why does God use the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses, a "lesser" voice?

JFish123

How can Jesus be Michael the arc angel if No angel can be called Gods Son?
How can Jesus be Michael the arc angel if no angel can rule the world when the Bible says the opposite of Jesus?
How can Jesus bd Michael the arc angel when Michael could not rebuke the devil but Jesus could? Sounds a lot like 2 separate beings does it not?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
How can Jesus be Michael the arc angel if no angel can rule the world when the Bible says the opposite of Jesus?
How can Jesus bd Michael the arc angel when Michael could not rebuke the devil but Jesus could? Sounds a lot like 2 separate beings does it not?
Good point.

Good point. There is nothing in the Bible to say that the Arc angel Michael is Jesus. But what I don't understand is about JW's idea of Jesus Christ rising from the dead. As I understand it JWs' say when Jesus died on the cross and was then buried in a borrowed tomb, God then dissolves the dead body of Christ, and re-creates a new Christ with all the memories of the past. So you have two Jesus, one dead and dissolved and a new recreated Jesus. That is not resurrection, that is re-creation. For a resurrection, there has to be a continuum. Have I understood this theory correctly? Christ's prophet. Certainty for eternity