• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are following the bible?

Who are really following bible?

• A.Anti-Same Sex marriage priests

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • B. Pro-Same Sex Marriage Priests

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Servant_of_the_One1

Priests that oppose same sex marriage
Priests that dont oppose same sex marriage

They are both reading the same bible, but only one group is really following the scripture :)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Googling the subject, I didn't come across anything in the Bible that could be construed as forbidding same sex marriage. However, if I missed something please share.

In Scripture, scriptural marriage is only between male/female - Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4-6

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Priests that oppose same sex marriage
Priests that dont oppose same sex marriage
They are both reading the same bible, but only one group is really following the scripture :)

They may be reading the same Bible, but teaching as Scripture what is Non-scriptural same-sex marriage - Matthew 19:4-6; Genesis 2:24
In other words, wrong teachings do Not make the Bible as wrong, but makes the wrong teachings as wrong - Matthew 15:9
At Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30 we are forewarned that there would be false clergy fleecing the flock of God for their own advantage.
They are part of the MANY of Matthew 7:21-23 who come in Jesus' name but prove false.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It seems to me that any religion has a duty to attempt to be reasonable as its social awareness grows.
Regardless of whatever stance the Bible may have, it is very much necessary to embrace SSM. Not only for Christians.

Is it so much as to embrace, or rather just a social awareness moral issue.
That is No one else's business but the person making that moral decision.
It is only when one wants to become a Christian 'then' he would follow the words of 1 Corinthians 6:11 A, and give up the what is mentioned at 1 Corinthians 6:9-10.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Is it so much as to embrace, or rather just a social awareness moral issue.
That is No one else's business but the person making that moral decision.
It is only when one wants to become a Christian 'then' he would follow the words of 1 Corinthians 6:11 A, and give up the what is mentioned at 1 Corinthians 6:9-10.
Not sure what you mean.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
How does one interpret Romans 1:25-27 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 that is Not clear ?

Romans 1:25-27 is clearly a punishment for wrong doings. Corinthians: 6:9-10 is also punishing evil doers. Neither mention or have anything to do with marriages orientation. Perhaps I am reading it wrong?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I think it was so out of bounds for the time that it did not even cross into the social discourse.

I would say the priests that do not support same sex marriage are the more Biblical. Homosexuality itself is condemned by the Bible and almost all societies and religious folks until very recent times.

Skwim

Veteran Member
In Scripture, scriptural marriage is only between male/female - Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4-6
No it doesn't
It says:
Genesis 2:24
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Matthew 19:4-6
4 And he answered and said, Have ye not read, that he who made [them] from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh? 6 So that they are no more two, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.​

In no way do these say or even imply any exclusivity. They do not forbid same-sex marriage. They say what should be, not what should not be.

And, if "shall" is taken as an imperative, a command, then every unmarried adult in the world would be in violation of god's command: Bachelors, spinsters, widows, widowers, Catholic priests, as well as any who also happen to be homosexual. So, what if none of these cleaved to one another except the homosexual? Would these married homosexuals stand in a lesser light than all those who remain single? If so, why? I certainly wouldn't think so. The question comes down to: If homosexuals are destined to remain unmarried to the opposite sex for their entire life what harm is done by getting married to one another? I understand that many Christians feel compelled to impose their religious beliefs on others: God made marriage ONLY for man and woman, blah, blah, blah. But that's not how democracy works. Muslims don't get to impose their beliefs on Democrats. Atheists don't get to impose their beliefs on union workers. And Christians don't get to impose their beliefs on homosexuals.

In any case, just how successful has god's plan of "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." been? Pretty badly as it turns out.

"In the United States, researchers estimate that 40%–50% of all first marriages, and 60% of second marriages, will end in divorce."
source
And these are only those marriages lucky enough to end in divorce. Just think of all those where the husband and/or wife are living stressful, unhappy lives in loveless commitments. Marriage is a mixed bag of chance, and not a very attractive one. But, if two people want to try it out they shouldn't be prevented from doing so.

Last edited:

idav

Being
Premium Member
How does one interpret Romans 1:25-27
Thats about atheists having their hearts darkened by god, on purpose.
Romans 1:21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts.
etc. etc.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Googling the subject, I didn't come across anything in the Bible that could be construed as forbidding same sex marriage. However, if I missed something please share.

Pretty much. I don't think the Bible really has much to say about homosexuality in general. Plus, it was written very long ago in cultures much different from ours. They didn't even have a concept of sexual orientation like we do now.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Thats about atheists having their hearts darkened by god, on purpose.
Romans 1:21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts.
etc. etc.
Yeah, that's talking about backslidden Christians partaking in pagan cult sex rites.

ukok102nak

~;> not at all
for there some writtings in the bible that tell somethin which is not really came from the word of god
becaused its tempting the god itself
so as it is written
:read:
Mark 16:16
He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who disbelieves will be condemned.
17 These signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new languages;
18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

WHO WOULD BELIEVED UNTO THAT MALICIOUS INTENTIONALLY INSERTED WRITTEN WORDS OF MAN
FOR ITS ONLY INSERTED BY THOSE MALICIOUS PEOPLE TO CORRUPT THE WRITTEN WORDS OF GOD
AND TO PROVE THAT WRITTINGS ARE MALICIOUS
JUST READ THIS ONE IF MANY SAMPLES AND
SEE IT FOR YOURSELVES
as it is written
:read:

Born James Warren Jones
May 13, 1931
Crete, Indiana, U.S.
Died November 18, 1978 (aged 47)
Jonestown, Guyana
Cause of death Suicide
Occupation Religious leader, community organizer
Spouse(s) Marceline Baldwin Jones (m. 1949; d. 1978)
Children 7
James Warren "Jim" Jones (May 13, 1931 – November 18, 1978) was an American cult leader. Jones was the founder and leader of the Peoples Temple, infamous due to the mass murder-suicide in November 1978 of 918 of its members in Jonestown, Guyana,[1] the murder of Congressman Leo Ryan, and the ordering of four additional Temple member deaths in Georgetown, the Guyanese capital. Nearly three hundred children were murdered at Jonestown, almost all of them by cyanide poisoning.[2] Jones died from a gunshot wound to the head; it is suspected his death was a suicide.

Jones was born in Indiana and started the Temple there in the 1950s. He later moved the Temple to California in the mid-1960s, and gained notoriety with the move of the Temple's headquarters to San Francisco in the early 1970s.

perhaps everyone get our point now
if we may say so

:ty:

godbless
unto all always