• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

who all from abrahamic religions have read bhagwat gita?

RoaringSilence

if you are a christian or muslim. or jew.have you read bhagwat gita .. if so please elaborate your experience and how it effected your view towards hindu.
how many think that hindus are devil /demon worshipers ..with honesty.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
if you are a christian or muslim..have you read bhagwat gita .. if so please elaborate your experience and how it effected your view towards hindu.

I have read sections of the Bhagwat gita. I learned a lot from our last chats on other posts and know that Hindu is very broad and not all are based in this book. My experience of what is Hindu is on RF.

I see an old Faith with many years of traditions that have become a way of life for many. I say good on all that live a life of service to community and mankind all the while trying to be a better person.

Regards Tony

Jedster

jews are a different league .. isnt judaism only for those born as jews...that's why its exclusive , but anyway i should've added it regardless

I can assure you that plenty of Jews have read the BG and many have become Hindus or similar.
My parents were Jews and my father always encouraged me educate myself in other religions/cultures, so I read the BG and found it enhanced many of the Jewish writings I considered valuable.

RoaringSilence

I can assure you that plenty of Jews have read the BG and many have become Hindus or similar.
My parents were Jews and my father always encouraged me educate myself in other religions/cultures, so I read the BG and found it enhanced many of the Jewish writings I considered valuable.

HH Hridayananda Das Goswami heads the isreal HK temple.. and he is one of many jews in iskon. Brilliant man.

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
For me, the Bhagavad Gita is one of the deepest religious texts I've ever read. During a few of my earlier years as a Hare Krishna, I had studied the Bhagavad Gita heavily.

RoaringSilence

besides the knowledge and stuff.. what i loved about gita is ..that krishna isnt DEMANDING worship for creation .. isn't angry.. talks so chill.. not jealous ..doesn't mind people who worship idols..infact he says i reward them myself whichever deity they might worship as long as they have good intentions..

that is what i expect a father to be.. not bow down or i ll strike u.

instant respect without demanding it.. i love krishna.

but if the other god is true then i ll find it hard to spend eternity with him..id rather commit a suicide of the soul and say please un create me.thanks but No thanks.

Sakeenah

if you are a christian or muslim. or jew.have you read bhagwat gita .. if so please elaborate your experience and how it effected your view towards hindu.

I'm Muslim, I haven't read it. I don't think hindus are devil/demon worshippers.

RoaringSilence

I'm Muslim, I haven't read it. I don't think hindus are devil/demon worshippers.
well would u like me to give you a link and then give me your feedback?
try this one..if you have time..

also tell me your language pref so i can get you the right link

socharlie

years ago, I found it interesting and pleasing - as it was Gnostic oriented.

RoaringSilence

No he is in Southern Saiva tradition, so it's not something he needs to read. I haven't read much of what he has read as scripture either. It's not a problem. Siva is even chiller. :)
well , ... the creator = brahma (who we don't worship ) is always angry and jealous.. yea so that's why abrahmic (creator religions are like that) preserver = vishnu ( skillfull tactful loving playful) , and destroyer shiva (fearless , calm , poised ).

so i understand that in the end its all shiva.. but for now the play must go on, so krishna for me.

wheatpenny

Quaker/Independent Catholic (dual affiliation)
I have read the Gita a couple of times. I like where it emphasises reincarnation, especially 2:22. Even though I identify as a Christian mystic, I have always believed in Reincarnation.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
besides the knowledge and stuff.. what i loved about gita is ..that krishna isnt DEMANDING worship for creation .. isn't angry.. talks so chill.. not jealous ..doesn't mind people who worship idols..infact he says i reward them myself whichever deity they might worship as long as they have good intentions..

that is what i expect a father to be.. not bow down or i ll strike u.

instant respect without demanding it.. i love krishna.

but if the other god is true then i ll find it hard to spend eternity with him..id rather commit a suicide of the soul and say please un create me.thanks but No thanks.

So judging by this you're saying the Hindu version is better and the Abrahamic one is not.