• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitehouse message on virus changes

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Good to hear. When you asked How? to the statement But we can fight it, it sounded as if you didn't think there were any steps we could take.

Not at all. I suppose I was driving home the point that learning to live with it isn’t the same thing as accepting it without taking action.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Why does the US have to learn to live with it? New Zealand isn't being forced to 'live with it'. They took steps to actually fight it and they haven't had a new case in over 3 weeks. I'm sick of folks saying that the United States just isn't capable of doing what lots of nations in the world have accomplished.
What can you expect with a third-world government the US now has.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Not at all. I suppose I was driving home the point that learning to live with it isn’t the same thing as accepting it without taking action.
In isolation that's logical.

In combination with everything else he's done and not done, it's giving up the fight.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
This article says Trump is about to change his message on the virus from what we are doing to get rid of it to learn to live with it. What the heck? Who cares how many of us die from it Trump, who cares how many of us suffers from it and loses jobs, who give's a crap? Apparently Trump doesn't!

'We need to live with it': White House readies new message for the nation on coronavirus
Unfortunately, this is the message, as much as we may not like it, that the White House should have been clear on from the very start. Viruses do not go away. Thus, it has always been a question of how we move foreward in this new reality, and Trump never before admitted to any such need at all. That has been his biggest failure.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Well Were suppose to have a vaccine within a year or so.

I wouldn't count on it, though. If this virus is as worse than people make it, it would take years. Many uncurable viruses we are still aware and treat the symptoms. Your link does mention not all Americans, the majority, would catch the virus more than a few sniffles. The symptoms are so common any person can become a case. So it take years.

My thing is we don't need to wait for a vaccine and hope people don't die in order to build the economy back. We need multitasking. The virus isn't going anywhere. So, I can see why Trump would say live with it. I wouldn't put too much energy in him since he can't "make" decisions authoritive.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We are, every day, seeing improvements made in our understandings of the virus. We're finding betters better ways of treating, finding things that help, things that don't, and today we are closer to a vaccine than we were yesterday.
We need to survive this, not sacrifice people to please mammon.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
In isolation that's logical.

In combination with everything else he's done and not done, it's giving up the fight.
That exactly! Trump wants us to pretend amd believe this is the new normal. It's not. It's a pandemic. And pandemics do eventually subside. Whatever happens will happen, but that doesn't mean we say oh well andive ot as of theres nothing that can or will be done. We could be doing so much better, but greed, selfishness, and entitlement won't let us. We are swamped with cases because people won't do what they need to for all of us. They only think about me, and now the situation in America is bad.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Try not to watch media and stats etc. It only makes emotions worse. The virus isnt going anywhere. Neither is cancer and fear. It is what it is. We have treatments to use and live with them both. I don't have good or bad feelings on Trump. He does have a point. I think after awhile the virus won't be a political engine. Once the politics is gone, fear decreases. Media have better things to overwhelm the public about and we can focus on a cure without distractions.

I mean how long do you think Americans should be out of work etc in quartine, masks, and social distancing until they find a vaccine?

If all deadly viruses just needed this technique, we would have done it long time ago. It is what it is. Politics aside. Its life.
There has not been any indications that a cure and/or vaccine won't happen. Dr. Fauci is "cautiously optimistic" well have one by the end of the year.
Or, we could have all just did what we should have been doing and it wouldn't be a problem, tons of people refused to do thay and now we have 131,000 dead. Tbis number will only keep growing if people don't knock their **** off and realize we need to survive, we dont need to shop.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
There has not been any indications that a cure and/or vaccine won't happen. Dr. Fauci is "cautiously optimistic" well have one by the end of the year.
Or, we could have all just did what we should have been doing and it wouldn't be a problem, tons of people refused to do thay and now we have 131,000 dead. Tbis number will only keep growing if people don't knock their **** off and realize we need to survive, we dont need to shop.

Eh. I don't look at the numbers because they can go up and down and every which a way and people just buy whatever they read and see. Of course, I can't say there won't be a vaccine. It's more we're opening for too much that I have a feeling it would be a foregone conclusion. It's good we recognize and can treat the symptoms though. My thing is all of the politics involved and mixed messages. I don't trust most of what I see on television, really. Unless there's a bomb or something immediate, when push comes to shove it's less about frenzy in numbers and more about helping each other. That's what we do in all deadly and potentially deadline illnesses. The new virus isn't special. To others it may be, but the the more the masses, the more I wonder about the truth if some things. The more the masses tend to make me more skeptical.

averageJOE

zombie
It's not a matter of "if" someone gets covid-19, it's a matter of "when". Most people already had it and didn't even know. This virus is here to stay.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Eh. I don't look at the numbers because they can go up and down and every which a way
The number of dead is not going down, is not going every which way, and will ONLY keep rising.
The new virus isn't special.
It is capable of attacking the entire body and unflicting heavy damage. No, its not likely to kill any one person who gets it, but it is still deadly enough to be a serious concern, and temporary, makeshift morgues have went up around the world. It also comes with a chance of a very nasty illness, with some having an ongoing recovery that has taken weeks and months and may not happen.
Or, just think of all those people who said oh well, nothing can be done, we just have to get on with life amd then end up being on video, filmed in ICU and pleading with the world to take it seriously and not take chances. Countries like South Korea and New Zealand show us we can do something, and we dont have to have a flood of illness and death.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Sorry, I thought the video would speak for itself. I really dislike having to explain a funny.

Essentially, the condition of dead people doesn't change, so it stands to reason the number of dead people won't be going down.
Sorry. I'd very much prefer.reading over video, and if there is any issue with a video my patience is short.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
It's not a matter of "if" someone gets covid-19, it's a matter of "when". Most people already had it and didn't even know. This virus is here to stay.

Do you have any evidence of this? Can you cite a qualified scientific source? Do you have scientific evidence to back it up? Or is this just your opinion?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The number of dead is not going down, is not going every which way, and will ONLY keep rising.

It is capable of attacking the entire body and unflicting heavy damage. No, its not likely to kill any one person who gets it, but it is still deadly enough to be a serious concern, and temporary, makeshift morgues have went up around the world. It also comes with a chance of a very nasty illness, with some having an ongoing recovery that has taken weeks and months and may not happen.
Or, just think of all those people who said oh well, nothing can be done, we just have to get on with life amd then end up being on video, filmed in ICU and pleading with the world to take it seriously and not take chances. Countries like South Korea and New Zealand show us we can do something, and we dont have to have a flood of illness and death.

I don't have strong feelings like this about viruses etc. If I worried myself sick believing every little thing I see on t.v. I'd be in the nut house. A lot of people do well when they see fear and hell etc. I guess its incentive to do good and incentive to blame.

But, yes. Numbers do go up and down. I just don't believe everything I read and hear. Works out better that way.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
So they've learned to live with it. :)
Not really. We "undergo" it.

Nobody can indefinatly live in the manner that we are doing right now in order to fight it.
Humans aren't made to live in such (social) isolation. Humans are social creatures and social contact (both physical and non-physical) is the bread and butter of our psychological sanity for most of us.

During this period, sales of anti-depressions are at an all-times high. It weighs heavily on our mood and psychological well-being.

It takes great psychological sacrifice, discipline and courage to persist in this way of life. Nobody wants this. If thit is what it means to "learn to live with it", then nobody wants to "learn to live with it". Instead, we want it solved so that we can live normally again.

Unfortunatly, until an actual effective treatment or vaccine is made available, we don't have much choice but to live like we currently do.

Apparantly for many folks in the US, they aren't prepared to make such sacrifice and don't have the courage or discipline to pull through.