• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White Tomatoes

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
In other words, the frozen North.

I live in southern Indiana, about halfway between Indianapolis and Louisville. In an alluvial river valley.

And most people grow their tomatoes from seeds they collected the year before, the way they have for decades.

Our tomatoes are the best.

Tom
And you know what? I'll bet they are! Send me up a quart basket, if you get a chance. I promise to be an enthusiastic fan. :D

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Thats not a tomato

THIS is a tomato

hqdefault.jpg
Bloody brilliant! Bring on the mayo and pepper, and we've got sandwiches for everybody!

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It's so ridiculous here that I've seen news types refer
to blacks in other countries as "African American".
Reminds me of the movie, "Bruno".

I was about to ask how on earth 'black' can be conflated with 'African American' but I will stand down.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
You're, uh, from New York. Aren't you?

Tomatoes like that impress city folks, but they often get a bit woody when they're that big. I'll take two, half the size.
Tom

Is there where I insert some joke about 'I thought you liked woody?'
Or is that inappropriate?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yeah, sort of. Not much acquainted with mangoes from South India, Totapari is excellent but never liked Alphonso, the most famous of the Indian varieties outside India. ;)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Yeah, sort of. Not much acquainted with mangoes from South India, Totapari is excellent but never liked Alphonso, the most famous of the Indian varieties outside India. ;)
Once I had a nice Alphonso. When staying in India during mango season, there were many varieties, I ate 1 month only mangoes. But more important then which type of mango you eat, is how ripe it is, and if it's season. Sometimes 1 mango tastes perfect, but next (same type) tastes soso.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I was about to ask how on earth 'black' can be conflated with 'African American' but I will stand down.
Over time here here in Ameristan, terms for black folk have been replaced.
The old one becomes offensive, & a new one was introduced.
"Negro" replaced ******.
"Colored" replaced "negro".
."Black" replaced "colored".
"African American" replaced "black".
This misnomer is now applied (by Bruno-like Ameristanians) to all blacks.

Note: "People of color" won't replace any term for black folk
because it includes a broad range of other races, including
even whites of mixed race or Spanish origins.