1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

white supremecy

Discussion in 'General Debates' started by give me liberty or give m, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Hirohito18200

Hirohito18200 Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I have an opinion on that last post. I think that generalizations are ok if two conditions are satisfied. First, the generalization must be based on fact. For instance, black people make up a minority population in the US, but represent the majority of perfesional athetes. This would be a fact. Hence, if you have one white person, and one black person, chances are the black person will be more athletic. Simple math. The other, even more important condition is that you must be able to recognize exceptions and deal with them fairly. This is where logic ends and racism starts, and it's very sad to see.

just another mutt's opinion.

2. tumble_weed

tumble_weed Member

Ratings:
    +6
    it's ok if you say they are more likely to be athletic as opposed to all black people are athletic

3. Ardhanariswar

Ardhanariswar I'm back!

Ratings:
    +66
    omg! having all the whites in the world go back to europe? NO.

thats stupid. the important reason why whites came to america was for religious freedom.

can you look beyond the color of skin to realize people travel for religious and economical reasons? muslims all over the world pilgramage to mecca.
    no, thanks. i like diversity. i like being in the US (im indian). my parents came here because there is a better chance of recieving a good education than in india (at that time, now japan dominates education).

the americas would be left to a minority. no. it would be a barren wasteland while europe's population would soar.

do u want to go father and make the native americans go back to asia over the bridge (that doesnt exist anymore) between alaska and russia?

white people arent supirior at all. they in fact (if you look in history) were quite behind compared to the muslim civilizations. afterall, it was the indians who had discovered global numeras (1234567890) and decimals. if the everyone kept to themselves, most civilizations would die out because we need trade to survive. and with trade comes diversity.

you cannot change the world anyways. its impossible.

4. Pah

Pah Uber all member

Ratings:
    +1,059
    Freedom of religion was ceratinly a factor for some - but just a bit of history here

The first colony established was in Jamestown and was charted for the purposes of production of tobacco, I believe. I''m not aware of any religious motive for this ship. The Mayflower was the second and had half the passangers leaving Holland where they had some religious freedom but a time of it in a foreign society. Part of the reason for leaving Holland was to get back to an English speaking environment. The Mayflower was financed by the same company, I believe, that charted the first ship to Jamestown and the original destination was the same site (which would indicated a commercial venture).

Because the Mayflower landed in Plymouth, the charter from the company was no longer in effect and the Mayflower passangers then created the Mayflower Compact establishing a government and the freedom of their religion. Those who disagreed with the Pilgrim views were banished - a great impetus for establishing other colonies throughout New England.

I apologize for being completely off topic but my pride overcame me- 5 of the passangers on the Mayflower were my ancestors.

Hehehe - that great credential and $3.50 will get me a coffee at Starbuck's

5. Master Vigil

Master Vigil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +607
    I wonder where give me liberty went? We must of scared him away. Overall, I think everyone here agrees that what he said was wrong. Now for another question... Do you believe one day races will be so mixed that they will eventually disapear?

6. Lightkeeper

Lightkeeper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Good question, why don't you start another thread.

7. anders

anders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +167
    Races have disappeared (if they ever were). Take a look at the link in my post of June 18.

8. Pah

Pah Uber all member

Ratings:
    +1,059
    While there remains a genetic component to races from natural selection, there is a far larger, in my opinion, contribution from sociology. I think that custom and tradition is a definable element of race - but then, that may be derived from economic differences and the pressure of isolation (separation, if you will).

It seems to me that neither of these factors and their origin will disappear.

9. Lightkeeper

Lightkeeper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    That brings to mind another question. If a race did disappear, could we bring it back through DNA and cloning, etc.?

10. Master Vigil

Ratings:
    +607
    But if someone switches cultures, switches economic status, switches ideals, etc... Can someone change race? No, because no matter how much I try, I can't become asian, or native american because I will always be italian. So what if one day, so many people mix, that everyone is like 1% dutch, 2% british, 1% korean, 4% japanese, 6% Inuit, 4% latino, 3% african, etc.... What would they call themselves?

11. Fra.Morelia

Fra.Morelia Member

Ratings:
    +10
    We can only hope it is Human.
    And sorry wolf, but over half of my bosses in the Marine Corps have been black. In fact, as a white guy in the corps, I happen to be a minority. But i have met people i never would have, and consider myself fortunate.

12. Pah

Pah Uber all member

Ratings:
    +1,059
    American or Dutch, or British, or Korean or whatever country in which they hold citizenship

13. Ardhanariswar

Ardhanariswar I'm back!

Ratings:
    +66
    that doesnt make sense. im an indian (pure blood, lol) holding an american citizenship.

i dont want to go to india.... America has much better rights and stuff. plus i cant handle the heat (100.4*F in Chennai).

i love my cutlure though.

culture is a mix of everything. get real. america has no culture, but the mix of everyone. that is what makes america good, because of its diversity. if you go far enough, you will have to kick the native americans back to asia.

what about animals? you have to round up the horses in american and bring it back...

we are in a time where no one is pure blooded. even myself. im dravidian. i perhaps have some persian blood in me (from thousands and thousands of years ago). and i defnitly have african blood in me thats where dravidians came from.

do i cut myself up and ship parts to different countries?

how far in the past would you like to go?

i still think the idea is insane.lol. l

14. Pah

Pah Uber all member

Ratings:
    +1,059
    "america has no culture"

Not to bicker, but we have fast food, Hollywood, unique regional culture.

Hmmm .... one out of three

15. painted wolf

painted wolf Grey Muzzle

Ratings:
    +1,652
    huh?

As for american culture, yes it is there. The strength of american culture, like the strength of America itself is that it is capable of bringing other cultures into itself. American culture is a mix of previous cultures, English, Spanish, Japanese, Native and so on.

Like Pah pointed out there are several things that are uniquely American in origen. I would add other things that people (all over the world) take for granted (and have moved into there cultures) Sneakers, T-shirts, Blue Jeans, Disney, Mega-corporations (like Disney , Nike, McDonalds and Microsoft) Nukes, Land-mines (only cuntry that continues to produce them) Aircraft Carriers, Movies (live action and animation) Rap, R&B, Blues, Country music. ect cet.

Again, as the world mixes for business, war and pleasure, the cultures mix and evolve. No culture is stagnant, as much as the hard-line 'defenders' of the culture try to prevent it. This process can be a blessing or a curse, its up to the people of the culture to decide. How much change is too much?
    How much of another culture can you absorb and still stay unique?

who knows, many native peoples face this challange everyday. Some native cultures fall and some thrive and most cling to survival while they try to figure out what to do.

wa:do

16. Master Vigil

Ratings:
    +607
    Our culture is the mixture of cultures. Thats what makes it such a wonderful place to live.

17. The Voice of Reason

The Voice of Reason Doctor of Thinkology

Ratings:
    +1,224
    Out of this entire thread, I have to address one point that I strongly disagree with.
    The presumption that Blacks are better athletes, or that Whites are superior mentally, that Asians are quicker, etc....
    I find this myth to be one of the most often recited, and totally absurd arguments in the world.
    For those of you that want to start with "Blacks are athletically superior" let me make this statement - "I've noticed that rich people are the best polo players". Gee, now I wonder why that would be? It must be genetic in rich people to be superior polo players, huh!

18. anders

anders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +167
    Voice,

Thank you for the polo simile. Unfortunately it will not work in Sweden, because if you mention "polo" here, almost everybody would think of water polo. I will certainly try to adapt it. It is quite in line with my statement that the reason that lung cancer kills so many smokers is that people who are predisposed to lung cancer have a gene that makes them easily addicted to smoking.

19. tumble_weed

tumble_weed Member

Ratings:
    +6
    but you can't BE genetically rich, but you can be genetically black, However I still don't think that just having the genes of being athletically competent is enough to be labeled a good athlete, people still need training. It's all part of the whole Nature vs Nurture debate. So you could have all the genetic makeup of being a good athlete and still not be very athletic simply because you haven't got the right training etc....but this is still offtopic a bit. The point is people shouldn't be generalised because of where they come from or the colour of their skin

20. Ardhanariswar

Ardhanariswar I'm back!

Ratings:
    +66
    why must society today go by labels. im black. im gay. im straight. im a liberal. im a military nut. why why??

race is kinda like it. i personally dont want to be labeled as *indian*. i am indian, and im proud of my culture and heritage, but it does not make me an individual. I'm an individual apart from all these labels that *attempt* to describe someone, when it really doesnt.

and to group people by it, we will not grow together in harmony, or any better. there is no point.

and whites are not superior. in fact, they are extremly inferior because they have been stealing ideas from other cultures. like the numeral system (from the indians), the wheel barrow (from the chinese), clocks, land, land, land, gold.
    if we had total isolation, the whites would be barbarians, trying to make slaves of other people...