• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White supremacists involved in the violence of BLM demonstrations

ecco

Veteran Member
According to the link there were some boogaloo boys identified. That is not quite the same thing.

"Not quite"?

The boogaloo meme began emerging in both white power and antigovernment spaces online in the early 2010s, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

"In both of these communities, 'boogaloo' was frequently associated with racist violence and, in many cases, was an explicit call for race war," the SPLC said.​

Hmm. Sure ain't much difference, is there.

ecco

Veteran Member
BLM and Antifa are both white supremacist groups (they both believe that minorities are inferior and 'need help' to function normally in society, as well as support segregation).
Please show something from an official Antifa publication or website or a BLM publication or website that states they favor segregation.

ecco

Veteran Member
Fake news.
How can you easily spot a right-wing Trump supporter?

They spout: "Fake News"

But wait, there's more...

You really have to be a fool to believe this these days there have been so many false reports

Local officials have been caught lying several times in recent months

First of all, you just have to get on twitter for about five minutes to see what BLM and Antifa do to people

Riiight. Let's all get our unbiased True (as compared to Fake) news from Twitter!

exchemist

Veteran Member
"Not quite"?

The boogaloo meme began emerging in both white power and antigovernment spaces online in the early 2010s, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

"In both of these communities, 'boogaloo' was frequently associated with racist violence and, in many cases, was an explicit call for race war," the SPLC said.​

Hmm. Sure ain't much difference, is there.
What I meant was that finding a few white supremacists to be present is not quite the same thing as proving white supremacists were responsible for the violence. OK?

The law enforcement determined that those who incited violence not Antifa at the Richmond demonstration.

I was questioning the logic that this was necessarily surprising:

"I became curious when in Raleigh demonstrations this weekend those arrested for violence were mostly white."

exchemist

Veteran Member
In that case, why do you think white supremacists would show up at a BLM protest?
No doubt either to cause trouble, or to take provocative pictures for social media, or something. But the mere fact they were present does not mean they were responsible for any trouble that was caused.

For example, if you have 100 rioters and two supremacists in Hawaiian shirts, you don't just automatically pin the riot on the guys in the Hawaiian shirts. If you believe in facts and the law, you need to show that it was these individuals that stirred it up.

Tambourine

No doubt either to cause trouble, or to take provocative pictures for social media, or something. But the mere fact they were present does not mean they were responsible for any trouble that was caused.

For example, if you have 100 rioters and two supremacists in Hawaiian shirts, you don't just automatically pin the riot on the guys in the Hawaiian shirts. If you believe in facts and the law, you need to show that it was these individuals that stirred it up.
I don't know about you, but personally, if I were to encounter a bunch of white supremacists at an anti-racism protest, then I would already expect to see trouble emerge from the simple fact of their presence.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I don't know about you, but personally, if I were to encounter a bunch of white supremacists at an anti-racism protest, then I would expect to see trouble emerge from the simple fact of their presence.
You might expect it, but you cannot just presume it and then claim they were responsible, unless you produce some evidence.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I expect it's rare to find BLM protestors undermining their own movement with violence, giving the police an excuse to crack down, and the right confirmation that the demonstrators are all violent hooligans.
The ones that want violence and enjoy confrontations are right-wing radicals like the Proud Boys, Boogaloo Boys and other Neo-Nazi, Black Bloc or white supremacist groups. They're drawn to demos like moths to a flame.

The police, on the other hand, are obsessed with order and control. Disorderly people p*ss them off and, in their eagerness to take charge of the situation, they end up inciting the very violence they claim they're there to prevent. Nor are they above a little punitive violence themselves, if they think they're not being filmed.

And, of course, both right radicals and the police are not above a little covert provocation. Agent Provocateurs: Police at Protests Caught Destroying Property

exchemist

Veteran Member
I expect it's rare to find BLM protestors undermining their own movement with violence, giving the police an excuse to crack down, and the right confirmation that the demonstrators are all violent hooligans.
The ones that want violence and enjoy confrontations are right-wing radicals like the Proud Boys, Boogaloo Boys and other Neo-Nazi, Black Bloc or white supremacist groups. They're drawn to demos like moths to a flame.

The police, on the other hand, are obsessed with order and control. Disorderly people p*ss them off and, in their eagerness to take charge of the situation, they end up inciting the very violence they claim they're there to prevent. Nor are they above a little punitive violence themselves, if they think they're not being filmed.

And, of course, both right radicals and the police are not above a little covert provocation. Agent Provocateurs: Police at Protests Caught Destroying Property
Those videos are pretty shocking.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
In one place I worked, an oriental was fired for changing the letter 's' to the "SS" symbol.

We should use "right wing terrorists" and not obsess over the skin color or other background of the perps.
Indeed. There's plenty of non-white people around the world who admire Hitler and the Nazis, at least aesthetically.