• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White magic spells

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I was reading about how white witches do white magic spells. Apparently, at least some of them will put all their emotion into their wishes until they cry on purpose, then use great "emotion force" to "send" these wishes, like at people or to higher beings.

Now I will get ridicule for saying this, but I really think it *might* work. The reason why I think so, is because of all the stories of ghosts in which there was no ghost, but an imprint was left on the house. Google "Stone tape theory".

I really think people can emotionally imprint. White witches call it "sending a spell", though.

I really think if say a pastor blesses a house for example, and continually, it will feel different to the new residence later that are open to these things, than someone who continually practiced black magic in the house.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Most Witches reject the notion of "white magic" and "black magic." Magic is magic (or magick, as some prefer to spell it). In any case, methods of spellcraft vary widely. Use of personal will - emotion being one component of that - is pretty commonplace. That said, I can't say I've run into cry-fests being used in this way.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Most Witches reject the notion of "white magic" and "black magic."

You're probably correct, but if you Google something like I don't know, white magic forums or white magic spells, there exists whole forums in which people refer to things as "white magic" and try to communicate using those terms seriously.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
I tried magic. It didn't work for me, and IMHO the right place for magic is fantasy novels. However, "successful" practitioners claim that there is no "white" nor "black" magic, but just magic. It also seems important to make up spells that rhyme because they are easier to remember and affect the subconscious more effectively. One author wrote that before casting the spell you must be very sure about what exactly you want. I think magic is about making resolutions that you subconsciously strive to make true in the future.

You're probably correct, but if you Google something like I don't know, white magic forums or white magic spells, there exists whole forums in which people refer to things as "white magic" and try to communicate using those terms seriously.

IMHO, the basic "flaw" of all magic is that it is "forcing" higher powers to do what you want, while in most religions you have to ask/plead them for help.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Someone once explained to me that magic was prayer with props. People believe that prayer is helpful, people believe that magic is helpful.

At the least, either of them can provide hope. Hope itself can be causal in a person's life which can make things happen.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
So...my partner at the time (early 1980s) was cheating on me and had our baby girl with her. She was with her lover at a friend’s house.

I got cranky about it. Well duh.

I dropped some acid.

I made two figures, one male and one female, out of bread dough, and popped them in the oven.

When they had just started smoking, I pulled them out. I wasn’t so cranky as to commit murder.

A few days later, the owner of the house stopped me in the street. He was a really cool guy. I had never had a conversation with him previously, but we clicked instantly.

He seemed both concerned and amused as he told me to please be a little more careful next time, because at the crucial moment, a burning log had rolled out of the fireplace and onto the makeshift bedding where the lovers were. Freaked them out a bit apparently.

Is that white or black ? Or charcoal grey ?

There is kitchen magic, and then there is transcendental magic.
And there is transcendental magic in the kitchen.

Last edited:

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
I made two figures, one male and one female, out of bread dough, and popped them in the oven.

When they had just started smoking, I pulled them out. I wasn’t so cranky as to commit murder.

Did you bite their heads off afterwards??

Darkforbid

I never met anyone calling themselves witch with any real power. Or anything I would call real in any new age revival religion/craft