• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White House Press Secretary Blasted for Sharing Infowars Video to Bar Reporter

Trump is such a snowflake that he can't handle journalist asking questions that he needs to use an intern to try and take the mike away. When that fails he uses his press secretary to try and discredit the journalist, but Sanders being the liar that she is uses a doctored video from a right wing conspiracy source.

Can anyone explain why this isn't an attempt to try and control the press.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Trump is such a snowflake that he can't handle journalist asking questions that he needs to use an intern to try and take the mike away. When that fails he uses his press secretary to try and discredit the journalist, but Sanders being the liar that she is uses a doctored video from a right wing conspiracy source.

It seems perception is truly in the eye of the beholder....

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Not only did Sanders use a doctored video, but it was obviously edited. At least put some effort into your lies, goddamnit!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Apparently he violated press room protocol and procedure. Bottom line, he broke the rules and got himself banned.

That's pretty much it.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
You mean to tell me Acosta's arm really isn't that big?
I don't know about his arm, but as the link pointed out the video is pretty compressed, missing frames, and has been sped up when he brushed against the intern, to make it look like an attack of some sort.
At least, that's my take on it. Who knows why they edited the video? :shrug:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Apparently he violated press room protocol and procedure. Bottom line, he broke the rules and got himself banned.

That's pretty much it.
What Acosta did is one thing.

But what Big Brother insists all believe is truth and using propaganda videos instead of honest ones are just fine because they are coming from the Ministry of Truth.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm working on trying to care about this.
So far I'm failing utterly.

This is the random meaningless announcements thread, right?

Watchmen

Premium Member

Can anyone explain how you don’t know the intern’s job or understand White House press protocol?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Leave it to CNN to make a mountain out of a molehill. It's clear he broke press room rules and protocol wither people think the videos doctored or not. Apparently no other reporters in the room acted idiotic like he did.

Pretty telling given CNN's history of being biased and exaggerative.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
How jaded do we have to be where whitehouse releasing doctored videos condemning an unliked press person no longer ranks interest?
Actually, the video is not likely doctored but simply suffered from converting it from a video file to a animated GIF.

1. Gif images have a dramatically smaller colour palette and generally are at a fairly low resolution.
2. Gif images often drop numerous frames to keep the final file size down. That process can introduce garbage into the image and unexpected stops and less than smooth transitions.
3. Not all Gif Creation tools are very good or do a very good job. (I use Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate on a regular basis and am quite used to unexpected conversion results.)

(Personally, I would have just stuck with the original video and focused on Acosta's boorish behavior.)
I doubt Sanders or Trump had anything to do with this...

In my view, this is another one of those situations of people without any knowledge of video/graphic matters passing judgement on things they do not appreciate.

Last edited: