• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White House Petition: The US must stop investing in fossil fuels and lead global efforts on climate

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I think they proved oil didn't come from dead dinosaurs. So technically I don't believe there are fossil fuels.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Here is the link to the petition. We need 150 signatures for it to reach the public home page. Then we need 100k after it is public.
The United States must stop investing in fossil fuels and lead the global efforts to stop climate change | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government
I can pretty well predict what Trump's response will be to something like this.
Real world petitions can be effective. Online petitions, not so much...

Also, after the 100K threshold is reach, all that is warranted is that the administration will respond.
Are you ready for, "Thanks!".

suncowiam

I can pretty well predict what Trump's response will be to something like this.
Real world petitions can be effective. Online petitions, not so much...

Also, after the 100K threshold is reach, all that is warranted is that the administration will respond.
Are you ready for, "Thanks!".

Just signed it. This beats marching in downtown in the rain.

buddhist

I think they proved oil didn't come from dead dinosaurs. So technically I don't believe there are fossil fuels.
Abiogenic origin? "Researchers at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) in Stockholm have managed to prove that fossils from animals and plants are not necessary for crude oil and natural gas to be generated."

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Have you been on this planet that long? What is the lifespan of you (oops sorry) your people on,,, What planet are you from?
Don't bother me with questions! I'm busy!

mnaUM.gif

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Well, it certainly is the laziest form of activism one could possibly get behind. Pajama activism?
Also one of the most ineffective. But, it is better than nothing. Maybe.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I guess it could be therapeutic from a psychological standpoint in that you are doing nothing, but feel like you have done something.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Abiogenic origin? "Researchers at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) in Stockholm have managed to prove that fossils from animals and plants are not necessary for crude oil and natural gas to be generated."

Yup, it's a real thing, whether or not it will make a practical difference- whatever the source there seems to be plenty of it.

& burning the stuff is a way of recycling used vital resources back into the atmos, I'd think it would be a good idea even if it wasn't a great source of energy

suncowiam

Well, it certainly is the laziest form of activism one could possibly get behind. Pajama activism?

Agreed.

I know what works better. Actually VOTING. I did my work when it mattered most. Now I have to return to my life as a parent and other things. I'll do it again when it matters most. I don't have all day to do this activism thing. Just speaking frankly.

On a side note. I'm from Santa Clara county where the Stanford rape incident happened. I signed a petition to fire the Stanford judge. I didn't really expect him to be fired but I wanted it to raise awareness. And honestly, I do believe it did. Just my opinion. There were many other things going on also like public backlash and the media portrayal. From what I heard, the judge no longer does cases similar to that rape trial because witnesses, jury, defendants and so on, feel that they would not get a fair trial with him as a judge.