• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitch game console is the best CD player

Tonstad39

Senior headwriter of the Onstad Mythology Series
I consider myself a video game enthusiast and have amassed a large collection of game consoles ranging from Atari VCS all the way up to the PS4 and I was curious about one thing. Out of the various CD compatible game systems; which one is the best at being a CD player?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I consider myself a video game enthusiast and have amassed a large collection of game consoles ranging from Atari VCS all the way up to the PS4 and I was curious about one thing. Out of the various CD compatible game systems; which one is the best at being a CD player?
CD player? As in like the old discman? Uhh both the new consoles have probably the same specs in that area as CD technology is a little bit old by comparison (at least in this gen.) You could adequately use a freaking PS1 if you are so inclined. Playing CDs aren't that special and haven't been for a while now.
We're up to 4K HD and hell, the PS4 is Blu Ray compatible.

Tonstad39

CD player? As in like the old discman? Uhh both the new consoles have probably the same specs in that area as CD technology is a little bit old by comparison (at least in this gen.) You could adequately use a freaking PS1 if you are so inclined. Playing CDs aren't that special and haven't been for a while now.
We're up to 4K HD and hell, the PS4 is Blu Ray compatible.
You do know that I'm well aware of what consoles (XBOX & PS2=DVD, Xbox 360=HD DVD with an add on and PS4 = Blue ray & DVD) compatible with what disks, right? I only wanted to compare how the different consoles go about being CD players. The PS2 has a spinning cube to accompany the music, The dreamcast has a spinning disk 3D render when its playing music & the PS3 has elaborate HD audio visualization with the music. Many CD comparable game consoles go about the task of playing CDs slightly different from one-another and I wanted people's opinions on which console goes about being a CD player the best way.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
You do know that I'm well aware of what consoles (XBOX & PS2=DVD, Xbox 360=HD DVD with an add on and PS4 = Blue ray & DVD) compatible with what disks, right? I only wanted to compare how the different consoles go about being CD players. The PS2 has a spinning cube to accompany the music, The dreamcast has a spinning disk 3D render when its playing music & the PS3 has elaborate HD audio visualization with the music. Many CD comparable game consoles go about the task of playing CDs slightly different from one-another and I wanted people's opinions on which console goes about being a CD player the best way.
Oh you're talking animations? Eh. In that case, PS4 I guess. I mean the animations accompanying the CD is just a random program the coder puts in out of boredom really. It doesn't really do anything, if you think about it.

Tonstad39

I personally think that the best CD player in terms of functionality would either be the Sega Saturn (the one that has direct track selection and a freaking on-screen mixing table as well as an optional 3D spaceship render) or the PS3 that has elaborate audio visualization as well as full controls, on the fly direct track selection and the ability to rip the disc to the hard drive.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I liked the original Xbox. The entire playlist was right there.