• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whispered in Gaza

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Earlier I came across an article published just yesterday on the Jerusalem Post's website, by Yoseph Haddad, an Arab Israeli:

Will the world listen to the plight of the Palestinians in Gaza?

From the article:

"It has been more than 15 years since the US and EU-designated terror group Hamas took over the Gaza Strip, throwing Palestinians with whom they disagreed from rooftops in the process.​

[...]​

Now, in an unprecedented series of video testimonies called “Whispered in Gaza,” the entire world can hear the voices of actual Gazans speaking out about what life is like under the terrorist dictatorship in Gaza.​

As an Arab Israeli myself, who fought against Hamas in Gaza, it’s no surprise to me to hear these devastating testimonies of what I know Gazans experience under Hamas every day. Yet for years, many outside of Israel have not understood the barbarity and cruelty that Palestinians in Gaza face – not at the hands of Israel, but at the hands of their own tyrannical leaders: Hamas."​

All of the testimonies are spoken in Arabic with English subtitles. Here's another a link.

Here are a couple of the testimonies:

As a side-note, I am basically leaving this here because I thought some might find it interesting and exiting the thread (for now, at least). I have too much on my hands at the moment, so don't wonder if I may not reply to you on this particular thread.

pearl

For me it brings up a lot of historical questions, such as how Hamas came to power and separate from the PLO which in 1988 recognized Israel’s right to exist. As I remember they were initially elected in protest to the PLO? So apparently Hamas does not speak for all of Palestine. Assuming there are still elections held could they not be voted out, or are they a totally separate government refusing to relinquish power as long as Israel exists?

lukethethird

unknown member
We can see this is true and still see that Hamas are vile psychos, surely?
Hamas has a rather militant wing, understandably considering the circumstances, but most are involved in what most other people are involved in, providing medical and education and other needs that we consider basic.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Hamas has a rather militant wing, understandably considering the circumstances, but most are involved in what most other people are involved in, providing medical and education and other needs that we consider basic.
I'm not convinced this is the defense you think it is.