• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which type of meditation would suit you?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Here's another great site -

Although curiosity killed the cat it would appear that it is an essential quality for human development and learning.

It is also a primary aspect of mindfulness. Curiosity allows us to begin to turn toward the entirety of experience, moving us from avoidance to approach, including that which we don’t like. I would argue curiosity and kindness are the antidotes to judgment and other harsh evaluations we may direct toward ourselves or others and it is a quality that can be developed.

Curiosity can be used as a way to inquire into our experience—the joyful and painful alike. Curiosity may allow us to begin to level the playing field of our lives so we don’t have to excessively privilege one experience over another. It just takes some of the dys out of dysregulation, smoothing out our internal psychological rollercoaster as we are faced with moments that can take us to ecstatic heights and ones that may take us into an abyss. In the words of Martine Batchelor, a teacher and former Buddhist nun, we can begin to ask, “What is this?” We are not looking for a specific answer but rather using the question as a method of experiential investigation.

Let's Get Curious! - Mindful

Namaste

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I wasn't entirely confident about where to post this thread so move it if you like ...

Found this guide after a Google search. Best of luck if you decide 2 try one or more of the suggestions.

As you may know, meditation has dozens of benefits, and everybody is doing it. You look for information online or on a bookstore, and see that there are a LOT of different ways of doing meditation, dozens of meditation techniques, and some conflicting information. You wonder which way is best for you.

For the full overview -

23 Types of Meditation - Find The Best Techniques For You

Enjoy!
I am a mindfulness meditator. For one thing, I can't silence my thoughts -- I must replace them. The ultimate in my experience of mindful meditation was doing Tai Chi for seven years -- highly focused attention is paid to the smallest parts of every movement, as well as to all those practicing along with you so that the form is synchronized.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I am a mindfulness meditator. For one thing, I can't silence my thoughts -- I must replace them. The ultimate in my experience of mindful meditation was doing Tai Chi for seven years -- highly focused attention is paid to the smallest parts of every movement, as well as to all those practicing along with you so that the form is synchronized.

Thanks 4 sharing.

If it was easy then everyone would be doing it :)

Here's a great site all about being more mindful -

A Meditation on Observing Thoughts, Non-Judgmentally - Mindful

All the best!

r2d2009

The spiritual goals you stated are part of some forms of spirituality, but certainly not the main goals of all. Not all spiritualities have deities, and not all consider humans to be separate from the divine and in need of merging.

Man is prescribed to strive for God in all religious Teachings, except those who have lost this understanding.

And why would god be love?

God is love - God just lives in this state all the time.

Liu

post that question as an op

see you there
You sure that's a good idea? Well, let's risk it.

Man is prescribed to strive for God in all religious Teachings, except those who have lost this understanding.
My religion doesn't have any specific prescriptions, and we don't tend to trust traditional teachings.

God is love - God just lives in this state all the time.
That's your claim, how would you know it's true?
Also, being something and living in a specific state is not the same thing imo.

I've opened a thread on it: Why would god be love?

r2d2009

My religion doesn't have any specific prescriptions, and we don't tend to trust traditional teachings.

Of course, all ancient methods need to be tested and critically studied.
This is a scientific approach.
There is a lot of garbage there, but there are also basic methods common to all religions.
If we analyze these methods, we will find this common method - the development of love and work with the heart’s emotional center.

That's your claim, how would you know it's true?
Also, being something and living in a specific state is not the same thing imo.

I've opened a thread on it: Why would god be love?

This is the result of practice.

In the state of love and peace you can not just go for a while.
You can live there and from there you can act while maintaining these states of consciousness.
This is acquired by special methods.

Yes, God is known as a result of such practices.
Of course, this is possible if God himself allows a person to them.

New topic - this is the right question, there is much that can be said.