• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which son of Noah is Cromagnon?

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Hey, thats my uncle Ned! -- Wrong link, I think.

"Cro magnon man" links to: European early modern humans - Wikipedia
From above link: "Discovered in 1868, Cro-Magnon 1 was among the first fossils to be recognized as belonging to our own species—Homo sapiens."

That's Cro-Magnon man:

This is Neanderthal:

Both are still in the gene pool, in greater and lesser amounts, depending on where you came from. That out of Africa theory is totally dead, as far as Neanderthal goes. Where Cro-Magnon started from is a tug of war. But if I had to guess, I'd say the Ice Age Refuge at the Pyrenees.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's Cro-Magnon man:

Thanx. That link worked.

The human races clearly do show evidence of evolution, as does practically every life form.
OK, so Neanderthals were similar, and went extinct. So?
Cro Magnons were us; early modern humans. So?
Her evidence: "Neanderthals were different, but not that different" doesn't support her premise at all, and it certainly doesn't support magic poofing.
As you go back in time, you find increasingly 'different', more chimp-like hominids. We can see differences in many areas, but, more important, we can see the similarities.
And what about other organisms? Did they evolve? If so, why claim say our particular species did not?

This is Neanderthal:

Both are still in the gene pool, in greater and lesser amounts, depending on where you came from. That out of Africa theory is totally dead, as far as Neanderthal goes. Where Cro-Magnon started from is a tug of war. But if I had to guess, I'd say the Ice Age Refuge at the Pyrenees.
The out-of-Africa theory is strong. Are you claiming that because we don't have complete genealogies for every race and species everywhere the theory is impugned? That intermixing of races/species/subspecies in any way affects the theory.

Last edited:

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Thanx. That link worked.

OK, so Neanderthals were similar, and went extinct. So?
Cro Magnons were us; early modern humans. So?

The second link says Neanderthal is not extinct.
It's Svante Paabo, "Neanderthal Ancestry in Modern Day Humans".

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It says we of European ancestry have a pinch of neanderthal DNA. Every eight year old knows this.
I know of no full-blood Neanderthals wandering around today -- though I've had my suspicions about a few people.