• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Route Should Be Taken in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?

Which route do you believe should be taken concerning the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
What about the percent of Israelis that hate Palestinians, it seems that is about as common as antisemitism among Arabs

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
What does that even mean.
Are we now throwing the insignificant liberal views in Arab/Muslim countries into the ring?
Granted those are more numerous than the Antisemites.
Mostly because quite a few of those with liberal views still hate Jews.

The "insignificant" designation is the issue; I see dissent from prevalent but harmful beliefs as both significant and necessary. If someone generalizes and overlooks that such dissenters exist, they're not helping the situation.

And I'm talking specifically about those who denounce antisemitism, not liberals who still embrace it.

I had a traumatic experience living in Saudi Arabia as an atheist, and I have friends who were physically harmed due to Islamic extremism. This doesn't mean I should generalize about Saudis or Muslims in the Middle East as if they were all the same, and it doesn't mean I should dismiss the minority of voices against such things. It makes me appreciate said voices and the dissent of people like Raif Badawi and Samar Badawi even more.

Last edited: