• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Religious Scripture Is Truly The Word Of God?

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
When put into comparison, all religious scriptures, which prevails over the other?
They must contain the following

1) Complex literature
2) Prophecies and Scientific evidences
3) Logic
4) No Errors

:)

Peace.

Jabar

None of them. They are all the words of man.

Religious dogma is not required to be Spiritual.

Okay, so Qur'an is word of man?

Can you explain how? And if so, which i doubt, what are your beliefs?

Just curious.

Hehe.

Jabar

There is no proof of a God, let alone that a particular religion's holy book, among thousands, is the word of that God.

Well yeah there is no proof but there is logic that a God does exist.

Jabar

In the mind's of Theists.

If a new object or a machine, which no one in the world has ever seen or heard of before, is shown to an atheist or any person and then a question is asked, " Who is the first person who will be able to provide details of the mechanism of this unknown object? After little bit of thinking, he will reply, ‘the creator of that object.’ Some may say ‘the producer’ while others may say ‘the manufacturer.’ What ever answer the person gives, keep it in your mind, the answer will always be either the creator, the producer, the manufacturer or some what of the same meaning, i.e. the person who has made it or created it. Don’t grapple with words, whatever answer he gives, the meaning will be same, therefore accept it.

This is logic.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
If a new object or a machine, which no one in the world has ever seen or heard of before, is shown to an atheist or any person and then a question is asked, " Who is the first person who will be able to provide details of the mechanism of this unknown object? After little bit of thinking, he will reply, ‘the creator of that object.’ Some may say ‘the producer’ while others may say ‘the manufacturer.’ What ever answer the person gives, keep it in your mind, the answer will always be either the creator, the producer, the manufacturer or some what of the same meaning, i.e. the person who has made it or created it. Don’t grapple with words, whatever answer he gives, the meaning will be same, therefore accept it.

This is logic.

Logic has nothing whatsoever to do with flying pink unicorns, gremlins, fairies, Gods, etc.

Jabar

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why must a religious scripture contain any of these, let alone all of them?

Grith and Frith. :)

A divine scripture should contain complex literature that matches what a God would be like, All-Knowing, All-Merciful, etc.

Same for all the other points.

Riverwolf

Premium Member

This is logic.

False equivalence. IOW, it's a logical fallacy.

Objects and machines exist within the Universe, and were created with specific functions in mind (which is pretty much always clear from the design), and are very frequently discarded with new iterations on the technology's purpose. They're also cobbled together out of other stuff within the Universe.

There is no indication whatsoever that the Universe has any kind of purposeful design, and it's still here after 13.8 billion years. Furthermore, there's no "outside" the Universe.

A rock doesn't need an intelligent hand to roll it down a hill. It can begin rolling on its own just from a small earthquake, and it can continue rolling on its own.

A divine scripture should contain complex literature that matches what a God would be like, All-Knowing, All-Merciful, etc.

But where does the supposition that God would be an Omnigod come from? I.e., why would God be "All-Knowing, All-merciful", etc.?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Haha.

I think your true nature is disbelief in existence of God.

Actually I'm Agnostic, but what does that have to do with the truth?

Your statement was like saying -

I know Flying Pink Unicorn exists, because I found some rainbow colored poop, and when he flies across the sky it turns pink. All you have to do is look at the evidence.

Jabar

False equivalence. IOW, it's a logical fallacy.

Objects and machines exist within the Universe, and were created with specific functions in mind (which is pretty much always clear from the design), and are very frequently discarded with new iterations on the technology's purpose. They're also cobbled together out of other stuff within the Universe.

There is no indication whatsoever that the Universe has any kind of purposeful design, and it's still here after 13.8 billion years. Furthermore, there's no "outside" the Universe.

A rock doesn't need an intelligent hand to roll it down a hill. It can begin rolling on its own just from a small earthquake, and it can continue rolling on its own.

But where does the supposition that God would be an Omnigod come from? I.e., why would God be "All-Knowing, All-merciful", etc.?
What you do not get is that i am talking about a object or machine that has never been explored or thought of.

This came from the fact of belief in God from the Qur'an which is Divine.

I would like to ask you what is the definition of God?

Jabar

I know Flying Pink Unicorn exists, because I found some rainbow colored poop, and when he flies across the sky it turns pink. All you have to do is look at the evidence.

That was the wrong way to put it as.

They are discoveries prior to where they are accepted as discoveries.
Not just prior, really prior.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
That was the wrong way to put it as.

They are discoveries prior to where they are accepted as discoveries.
Not just prior, really prior.

It doesn't matter when the Rainbow Poop is discovered, it still isn't proof of a Flying Pink Unicorn.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
What you do not get is that i am talking about a object or machine that has never been explored or thought of.

I get that perfectly well. After all, we still don't know exactly what Stonehenge's original purpose was.

It doesn't change the fact that it's a false equivalence, because the Universe has not been demonstrated to be anything like an object or a machine.

This came from the fact of belief in God from the Qur'an which is Divine.

"Fact" and "belief" are not synonyms.

I would like to ask you what is the definition of God?

OOOH, you wanna go down THAT Rabbit Hole, do you? :hearteyecat:

See, that's not as easy to determine as you might expect. Even if you looked it up in the dictionary, you'll find all kinds of conflicting definitions. The word is what we call "polysemic", which means it has multiple definitions. Something to remember about English is that there is no such thing as a "correct" one; if a definition is not in the dictionary, then that means the dictionary is what's wrong and needs to be updated, because they're descriptive, not prescriptive.

Anyway, I don't know about the Arabic word Allah, so I can't speak for it. I think it's cognate with the Hebrew word "El", but I don't know for sure since I'm largely unfamiliar with Semitic languages.

But the English word "God" is actually quite tricky to define, because it's used for so many different things in so many different contexts, and has a very unclear etymology. HOWEVER, we are among the peoples from whom it came, and when we were using it to describe certain types of beings, said beings were absolutely not Omnigods. One of the most likely etymologies is that it comes from a PIE word that meant "to invoke" or "that which is invoked." In other words, a God is anything that is worshiped as a God, regardless of its actual inherent qualities.

It is this definition that I use. Therefore, there are plenty of Gods, in the past and now, who are flesh and blood humans with no supernatural powers, but who have been deified. "Emperor" Akihito of Japan comes to mind immediately.

Another later definition might have been something to the effect of "those who belonged to the God-Tribe", who might have been the Esan. There is some indication that the word "God" was once synonymous with "Tiw"; i.e. one of the Esan. The word "Tiw" was sometimes used in titles for other Gods; the Old Norse form Tyr shows up in "Hangatyr", meaning "Hanged God/God of the Hanged" which is one of Woden's titles. During Christianization, then, the word "God" ended up getting grafted onto the Christian God for whatever reason.

In any case, the Esan are not perfect.

Jabar

Qur'an says Earth is Geo-Spherical in shape. Approved by modern science
Qur'an says Moon is Reflected Light. Approved by modern science.
Qur'an says Sun is rotating about its own axis. Approved by modern science. We learn this really modernly and Qur'an way in past approves.
Who could of said all this?

The sunlight that we have is due to a chemical reaction that is taking place since billions of years and one day this chemical reaction will cease to exist and life on the face of this earth will also cease to exist.

Qur'an says Sun is running for a period determined, and not just a period but a place determined.

Today, science also tells us that the sun and the solar system is moving to a point in the universe which is known as the Solar Apex at the speed of 12 m/s.

What science tells us today is mentioned in the Qur'an 1400 years ago.

Once again who could of mentioned this?

Today Science tells us that the Atmosphere, outside the earth, it prevents and acts like a ceiling prevents the harmful radiation and the ultraviolet rays from entering the earth. If this was not there, then life would not exist on the face of the earth.

Qur'an says Allah made the sky as a protected ceiling.

What science has discovered recently has been mentioned 1400 years ago.

I can say much much more.

Tell me this.

ALL of these scientific evidences along with much more, do you still deny that the Qur'an is not divine?

If so, i am shocked.

ATHEISTS & AGNOSTICS:
HAHAHAH THAT IS FALSE, OBVIOUSLY A HUMAN SAID ALL THAT PFFTTTTT

Last edited: