• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which religions do / do not have any decrees on / against masturbation?

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Mine has a creation myth, one of a few, that includes God making the world through masturbation. My avatar is a personification of the hand He uses in the act as a Goddess.

Pharaoh would periodically masturbate into the Nile for fertility reasons.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Hindus do not have anything on it. Actually, there is no time for it. In youth one is learning, in middle age one is taking care of a household, in old age one is advising young ones. One is not supposed to waver from the tasks. Where is the time for masturbation?

vijeno

Lol... folks, please, I didn't start this to hear about your personal masturbation habits. I just want examples of religious teachings.

*sigh* The internet. *sigh* Yes I knew it, but I vainly hoped that the on/off topic ratio would be a tad above 0.01...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Lol... folks, please, I didn't start this to hear about your personal masturbation habits. I just want examples of religious teachings.

*sigh* The internet. *sigh* Yes I knew it, but I vainly hoped that the on/off topic ratio would be a tad above 0.01...
Sorry. I've deleted the photo.