• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which religion you hate most

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
What a strange and inappropriate question for a Christian to ask, even a fundamentalist like yourself. Surely most people don't go around "hating" religions, do they? Unless they have had some personal trauma, I suppose.

There may be some we disapprove of, or even, in extreme cases, despise, but "hate"? I don't think so.

Where did you get that I'm fundamentalist?
I'm not coming from another planet and my thread is normal, some may hate
Islam as religion and others may hate others if there're.
Most Hated Religions In the World - Top Ten List - TheTopTens®

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is there Atheism "fundamentalism" also, please?
Regards
'Fundamentalism' in my dictionary is (for Christianity) 'the belief that every word in the bible is divinely inspired and therefore true' and (for Islam) 'strict observance to the teachings of the Koran and Islamic law' (and as I observe on RF, includes or may include, belief in Special Creation, to which I might be tempted to add '&c').

I suppose the equivalent for materialists (I'm one) would be a belief in the infallibility of science. Science says the opposite ─ that all its conclusions are tentative, being based on empiricism and induction (or, as Brian Cox put it, 'a law of physics is a statement about physics that hasn't been falsified').

There may be people who nonetheless want to think science is infallible. They likely wouldn't hold it as a religious belief (as the question in the OP requires) but if their misunderstanding is incorrigible (an acknowledged fundie quality) then they'd be sadly mistaken too. As to whether they were overall not quite as silly as religious fundies, I leave that to you to answer.

For the sake of the exercise, I'll say the Ant Hill Kids.

Pfft, they were always my favourites on Wacky Races...

latest

exchemist

Veteran Member
Yes of course, the same material and the same creator.
That does not sound like common descent in the scientific sense, in other words the theory that all current organisms including Man have evolved from earlier life forms.

But anyway, we are digressing from the thread topic. I don't go around hating other religions (least of all islam, after the four years I spent living in the Middle East.) I suspect we are all striving towards the same understanding of our purpose in this life, via different traditions and cultures. I think a truly religious person should be tolerant towards others of different persuasions, even though he or she may disagree with them in some ways. What I do find difficult to tolerate, of course, is intolerance! But even that is not "hatred". That is far too strong a word.

Last edited:

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Which you hate most and why?

None. I don't invest enough emotion in the subject to honestly say I 'hate' any belief system. I dislike or hold in disdain most of the Abrahamic belief systems as well as any other that is inherently intolerant of the presence of other belief systems simply because they're different.

Were a gun pressed to my head with the threat of a trigger being pulled if I didn't actually name the faith I dislike the most: I'd say Islam due to the fact it encourages violence & oppression against those who leave and those who criticise or mock it.

Christianity would be a close second due to the rise of the far-right around the world which generally means the rise of Christian influences in political circles.

Last edited:

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Because Satan is the embodiment of pure evil, and Satanism is the worship of evil, no matter what they would like to tell you.

So just to clarify, are you now in favour of outsiders dictating what other religions that they dislike really teach (like you and others have accused some of us of doing with Islam)? Because that's exactly what you're doing with Satanism.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
That does not sound like common descent in the scientific sense, in other words the theory that all current organisms including Man have evolved from earlier life forms.

But anyway, we are digressing from the thread topic. I don't go around hating other religions (least of all islam, after the four years I spent living in the Middle East.) I suspect we are all striving towards the same understanding of our purpose in this life, via different traditions and cultures. I think a truly religious person should be tolerant towards others of different persuasions, even though he or she may disagree with them in some ways. What I do find difficult to tolerate, of course, is intolerance! But even that is not "hatred". That is far too strong a word.

You're overestimating the matter.

Hating one religion doesn't mean hating people following one specific religion.

For example some may find Islam is awful and hence they don't like it or hate it,
some others may hate Hinduism and don't like to follow it ..etc

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
You're overestimating the matter.

Hating one religion doesn't mean hating people following one specific religion.

For example some may find Islam is awful and hence they don't like it or hate it,
some others may hate Hinduism and don't like t follow it ..etc
Hate is a very strong term, and not to be used as a synonym for dislike or contempt. It is an emotional state, whereas dislike or contempt can be purely rational positions.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Hate is a very strong term, and not to be used as a synonym for dislike or contempt. It is an emotional state, whereas dislike or contempt can be purely rational positions.

Which sentence is more correct.(Islam just as example)
I love Islam or I like Islam

exchemist

Veteran Member
Which sentence is more correct.(Islam just as example)
I love Islam or I like Islam
How long is a piece of string? I mean, you may love Islam, being a devoted believer, whereas I may like Islam, being a Christian who finds some admirable things in it, while being merely a disinterested observer of it.

Last edited: