• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which religion you hate most

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hmmmm... Maybe Thuggee, considering it as religious cult.
Why? They were thugs!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Which you hate most and why?

None, actually.

Some traits I dislike about religions I heard of and/or know.

1. Sacrifice (human in Christian, animals in Santeria)

2. (Harsh) evangalism (Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism)

3. Religion traits where experience is a substitute for knowledge (telling people they need to experience something they won't fully know of; like: you go to work to get experience. You need experience to go to work)

4. Traits that make the religious more concerned about their religion over other people's well being and many times in spite of it

5. Universalism

6. Eclecticism

I only know christianity and nichiren buddhism in regards to personal experience. The rest I only know online.

Any religion that meets the criteria above, I dislike. But that's just the theology not the people who follow it.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Any religion that damns or condemns people for a non belief?

There is no perfection in nature to lead me to believe in a god. Existence is savage. Why require belief? Why call non belief unbelief and thus it some sort of a major sin?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Some traits I dislike about religions I heard of and/or know.

5. Universalism

6. Eclecticism

Any religion that meets the criteria above, I dislike. But that's just the theology not the people who follow it.

I'm surprised to see these on your list. Would you be willing to elaborate upon what you dislike about these two?

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I'd say 98% of them as almost all of them have justified horrific human behavior at one point in time. murder. torture, rape, slavery, genocide, infanticide, placing the poor and destitute on the edge and over the edge of financial collapse, false hope, a shield with which to propagate hatred. Religion is a mockery of all the good qualities humanity can express.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'm surprised to see these on your list. Would you be willing to elaborate upon what you dislike about these two?

'K. I don't care for Univeralism because every religion has very distinct doctrines that cannot be mushed into one spiritual path. If you have one religion pointing to god and another pointing away from god, they will not mix smoothly. It's also something that reminds me of slavery. Instead of accepting people for differences we are seperate but equal.

Eclecticism I dislike because you are taking parts of different religions and making it a whole new one. So, if you take the eucharist one day and pray to the Buddha another you go against the foundations of both faiths. You can't take the eucharist and believe that only you can "save yourself." You can't follow (Buddhist) Dharma if you believe gods will help you from suffering and not mind to actions.

It's totally disrespect to individual faiths that conflict with each other. Universalism tries to bring these conflicts together by making "them white." Eclecticism is picking then apart: seperate but equal.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I'm not a hater, but there is a religion with particular aspects of which I dislike; I'd especially lack a fondness for dry fasting sunrise to sunset one month each year, abstinence of alcohol and bacon, obsessive praying, and a pilgrimage.to an overcrowded place.

Please guess which religion this is.

AdamRaja

Islamic Philosopher
I'm not a hater, but there is a religion with particular aspects of which I dislike; I'd especially lack a fondness for dry fasting sunrise to sunset one month each year, abstinence of alcohol and bacon, obsessive praying, and a pilgrimage.to an overcrowded place.

Please guess which religion this is.
The typical most hated religion in the world. I love it. :)