• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which religion is most similar to my views? Input is appreciated!

flying3149

Hi, Jevam,

There is one religion that realize all the eastern and wastern philosophy and religions concept. It is not just a idea, but can be practical in the life. I would like to share you this good spiritual book and it really help my life no matter inner or outer life. You may have a look at this book (The Photo Collection of Dharma body. YOu can find it at Amazon.com.

Hope you can find your life energy and real Palotic world.

Flying :)

nnmartin

The OP has very similar views as myself.

the only issue I can't quite deal with adequately is the issue of morality. Does everyone go back to the Source of Creation after death regardless of their behaviour? What about Hitler for example?

If this is the case then surely all traditional religions are no more than philosophies and the Source/Consciousness theory no more than politics?

Protester

The OP has very similar views as myself.

the only issue I can't quite deal with adequately is the issue of morality. Does everyone go back to the Source of Creation after death regardless of their behaviour? What about Hitler for example?

If this is the case then surely all traditional religions are no more than philosophies and the Source/Consciousness theory no more than politics?

The Catholic users of the forum should quickly point out that Hitler had a one way ticket to hell because he committed suicide, q.v., What is the Christian view of suicide? What does the Bible say about suicide? , and that little monograph shows that Protestants don't think much of it either! Since he no doubt didn't stop his new bride Eva and other people from committing suicide, he had dragged other people into their sin. Now from my background, you can see that I believe in hell, when it comes to Hitler and Stalin, even if one were an atheist one wouldn't even ask the question, How is eternity in hell a fair punishment for sin?

Me Myself

Back to my username
Good day to you all.

Please take the time to read this entire post as I am seeking some sincere guidance from all of you other souls out there. I am 18 years old and I have been unhappy for a long time, due to being dead inside because I had no connection to any sort of spirituality. So I have been on a journey to attain spiritual wisdom. I have done a lot of spiritual research without bias because I want to find some sort of meaning in life and I want to have truth and wisdom. I have come to a few conclusions as to the nature of the physical and spiritual realm. None of this is canon and I'm hoping for advice and guidance from all of you.

First of all, I believe in one creation source. I believe it is a source of non-physical (spiritual) energy which is in a non-physical realm that co-exists with our current physical realm. I think this creation source created the laws of physics, time and space, and all of the matter in the universe that abides by the laws of physics.

I believe each human has a soul because our brains have evolved to be sophisticated enough to draw a piece of this creation source's energy into our brain. So basically, the creation source is in all of us, as we are apart of it, and none of us are different from each other or anything else in the universe because we are all one with the creation source. Animals, plants, and other non-living objects have the creation source in them, but not to the extent of humans. Humans have so much of the creation source in us that we can actually be considered deity incarnate, so the bible is kinda right when it says "he created us in his image." Which is why I believe Jesus said he is the son of God, and to love your enemies, because your enemies are actually you, and everyone is the son/daughter of God. I love any figure in history with wisdom, I love Jesus, I love Vishnu, I love the Wiccan Goddess and God, because they are all aspects of the divine creation source. Same as if you poison the environment, if you poison the environment you actually poison yourself because the environment is part of the creation source and you are part of the creation source to... sorry if I'm rambling, but basically.. ALL IS ONE.

Since our souls are simply part of the creation source, I believe that we can manipulate this spiritual energy any way we want. For example, when a Christian prays to heal the sick, or when a Wiccan casts a spell for good health, I believe they are wielding this non-physical, spiritual power. Likewise, I believe that any deity in any religion can exist, because as our souls/minds believe in a deity, we actually manipulate the creation source and it can manifest itself in such a deity. So does the Abrahamic god exist? Yes. Vishnu? Yes. Native American animal spirits and their "creator?" Yes. The creation source can be anything because it is the source of all things, it can be happiness, sorrow, anger, love, death and life... purely chaotic, without order. Which is why the creation source created the ordered universe with the laws of physics and matter, so that the creation source can experience life, attain more wisdom, love, care, etc, by living through us. The creation source can't be a loving grandfather on its own, can't have sexual experiences on its own, can't be a child enjoying a candy on its own, it can't learn the value of helping friends on its own, so the creation source is actually bettering itself as it lives through us and learns lessons. Think of the universe as a perpetual motion machine of self-betterment created by the creation source, whatever you may personify it as - Allah, Vishnu, the great Goddess, etc.

I believe that when we die, our consciousness (the soul) either rejoins with the main consciousness (the creation source), or is simply reincarnated into a brain that is sophisticated enough to use it, like a developing fetus so that the piece of the creation source which is the soul can live yet again and attain more wisdom for the creation source.

I think that my incarnated life is to attain more wisdom for the creation source when I die, because before I was largely ignorant/arrogant about spirituality, but now that I have looked for spiritual wisdom I actually feel that life has a point and I feel that I am apart of something greater than anything we can imagine. I feel like my soul has grown, learned, matured. I truly feel one and in tune with both the universe/nature and the spiritual realm. By the time my life ends and I rejoin the main consciousness for a period of time, I hope I bring experiences of love, spiritual wisdom, and modesty to better the main consciousness (which is actually ourselves, guhh it's hard to put into words).

CLIFF NOTES FOR THOSE WHO DON'T WISH TO READ THE PARAGRAPHS:

- There is one main creation source that exists in the non-physical spiritual realm.
- The creation source created the laws of physics and all the matter that abides by it. This is known as our universe.
- Our souls are simply spiritual energy (consciousness) from this creation source, our brains evolved to be sophisticated enough to draw a portion of the great consciousness and wield it. So we are god, god is us, the universe is god.
- Since our souls are spiritual energy, we can manipulate the great consciousness and spiritual energy in any way. Having deities such as the Abrahamic god, Vishnu, the Wiccan goddess, etc, actually manifest themselves and be real. Likewise prayer/magic also works due to utilizing spiritual energy.
- The point of life is so that the creation source (godhead) can live through us. So that it can learn the lessons of life and better itself. The universe is a perpetual motion machine of self betterment created by the godhead so that it can learn life lessons, attain wisdom, through us. We are all god, parts of it, bettering ourselves.

What do you think of my spiritual view thus far? Please add anything if you would like to, or tell me what you disagree with. I will be very appreciative and use it to attain even more wisdom.

With much love, Jesse. :)

Hi Jesse!

Your believes sound a lot like my believes when I was your age and are almost exact to my believes now (I am 21).

Do you see my religion up there? Is how I like it. I pray to different gods in different times because I believe in what you said: Even if they didn´t exist originally, they sure exist now because of our capacity to form them with spiritual power. Above else, I try to listen to the divinity inside me that was made in the image of the All mighty.

I decided to take form any religion what works for me in the time that works for me.

What I´ve used over time the most has been meditation that focuses on the breathing and very lately mantra meditation (buddhist and hinduist sources). those are the ways I try to conect to my inner wisdom.

My advice to you would be to search for techniques that help you conect with YOUR inner wisdom. Techniques that you feel help YOU become mor ein touch with this reality you feel of equalness in all, with the need of peace for all, for love for all.

Personally, I believe it is better to look for techniques that to look for a label, for a "I am hinduist" "I am christian" "I am buddhist".

For many people, this is their truth, and may they find all the joy and and the peace and blessings each of this denominations can bring to them. however, if you have not found one of these of which you feel you belong, remember that they are just paths, but you are the destination.

Maybe pray like a Christian, meditate like a buddhist, be disciplined as a muslim.

Maybe pray like a shivaist, be disciplined as a buddhist and learn to hear God as a suffist.

It is for you to find the way, and to make it change from today to tomorrow to the next week.

Whatever you do, make it alays more important to stay true to your own divine truth, above anyone else´s

There is a phrase by Krishna that I love, may any hare Krishna or vishnuist correct me if I got it wrong but it goes a long the lines of this:

"DO your dharma and not someone elses dharma. It is better for you to do your own dharma in an incorrect or in a wrong way thant to fullfill someone elses dharma perfectly."

I have found nice wisdom in Krishna more than once when it comes to worship and religion. I prefer not to call me a vishnuist though, because it helps me have the freedom to also find wisdom in christianityand all other religions. Not because I will be unable to do so as a vishnuist, but because I think I will be more open to it as in simply being... well, Me Myself :)

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
I wish I could... But I have no driving license and the nearest big Buddhist community is almost 60 km from where I live...

I converted to Buddhism nearly a year ago, and I've had the same problems. While it helps to have a spiritual community to help you and feel apart of, this shouldn't hinder you from practicing Buddhism, if that's what you decide to do. There are many great resources available on the internet to help you out in this endeavor. And if you have any question, I or any of the other Buddhists on this site can surely help you out. :)

MissDiscerner

Eternal student
I converted to Buddhism nearly a year ago, and I've had the same problems. While it helps to have a spiritual community to help you and feel apart of, this shouldn't hinder you from practicing Buddhism, if that's what you decide to do. There are many great resources available on the internet to help you out in this endeavor. And if you have any question, I or any of the other Buddhists on this site can surely help you out. :)

Thank you!:)