• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

which person will be next US president?

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
I had a recent discussion with an american friend. He's a conspiracy "freak" and went on a tangent about the 2016 American President vote. He says that Most Presidents are of European Royal Blood lines & Freemasons, and according to him it's going to be a Jeb Bush (R) vs Hillary Clinton (D) fight for the Presidency in 2016.

What's your view on this?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I don't know a thing about any ties to European aristocracy or such.
But those are my best guess as well.
It is important to remember that the election is over a year away and much could happen before then.
Tom

Laika

Premium Member
according to him it's going to be a Jeb Bush (R) vs Hillary Clinton (D) fight for the Presidency in 2016.

I get the sinking feeling thats what the American Plutocracy would want as it represents stability and continuity by keeping the White House within the reach of major political families. The power behind the scenes is not absolute though and they have to compromise with who they think will win the popular vote and be co-opted to serve their interests. Whether it will actually happens depends on whether there is a repeat of the Obama euphoria which denied Clinton her chance back in 2008 (and by that I mean in either Party). A Trump (R) vs Sanders (D) contest would represent what appears to be the popular momentum and the triumph of the outsiders. if that were the contest it would signify the degree of polarisation in the US. that outcome would mean the ruling class is only just hanging onto control.

Although purely for theartre Paul (R) vs Sanders (D) would make some intresting headlines.

Honestly, I'm going to wait and see as there are too many unknowns and alot of time left for someone to screw up. There's still 1 year 4 months to go remember. After Obama and "Change you can believe in" what happens next will be important in determining whether the US sticks with 'business as usual' or heads down a different more radical path (either right or left).

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Hillary, probably. Although I was hoping for a Democrat.

Edited to add for clarification: But it will probably be Hillary instead.

Last edited:

jonathan180iq

Of the Republican candidates, only Jeb Bush has the ability to survive a national election. I would have added Chris Christie if he hadn't shot himself in the foot a few years ago with that whole bridge fiasco.
Clinton is the obvious Democratic choice - who I personally feel had the election won years ago - but this whole email business if both shady and stupid on her part. It's going to cost her. Bernie Sanders and even Joe Biden fall into that class of candidate who will poll well regionally and with select demographics but can't pull a national election.

So like everyone has said, it'll be Bush and Clinton, barring any odd occurrences over the next however many months.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I had a recent discussion with an american friend. He's a conspiracy "freak" and went on a tangent about the 2016 American President vote. He says that Most Presidents are of European Royal Blood lines & Freemasons, and according to him it's going to be a Jeb Bush (R) vs Hillary Clinton (D) fight for the Presidency in 2016.

That I'm not surprised to find that an "Alien Hybrid Canaanite would have a friend that's a conspiracy freak. :D

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I don't think Jeb has a good chance of making it. And if he does he will loose terribly to Hillary. Jeb is one of the worst leaders our country has ever elected and as a citizen of Florida I can verify this. Unless he bursts into flame I think that it will probably be Hillary and Trump.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
That Trump, though:

Moderator: What solid evidence do you have that the Mexican Government is sending illegal immigrants to America?

Trump: <inserts anecdotal evidence>

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I guess the GOP is pulling their Trump card...

But my guess is that at this stage it looks like Hillary is going to win. However there is a lot of time between now and the election. Things can change with a single speech. There isn't anyone really to oppose Hillary that is actually running in the Democrat side and honestly there isn't a strong enough candidate on the right to face her as she is right now. Trump seems to be the leading train wreck that could beat her but I don't know if his support is all Hype. If it goes to Trump HIllary here in Florida every other commercial will either be.

"BENGHAZI IBENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI IBENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI IBENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI IBENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI IBENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI "woman" BENGHAZI IBENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI IBENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI IBENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI IBENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI "old woman" BENGHAZI IBENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI IBENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI IBENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI *BENGHAZI* IBENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI"

"Donald Trump? Are...are you joking?"

philbo

High Priest of Cynicism
After that Fox debate, none of the candidates on show are remotely presidential material. As a long-term watcher of politics on both sides of the Atlantic, I'm finding it very hard to see how any of them are being taken even remotely seriously. Still, they did manage to make Megyn Kelly look like an incisive political interviewer for a bit (thinking about it.. she managed to get under Trump's skin with only a couple of questions, to the extent he was trying to bully her. How does someone that easily-rattled think they stand a chance at being president?)

I mean, I thought the Labour leadership over here was poor, but the Republican bunch at least makes them look sane and with a pleasing lack of foam around the mouth.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Predicting who will NOT be President is easier than predicting who will be President (actually, I am sort of tired of the P instead of p because the office has encroached on powers way beyond it's mandate that are the role of Congress).

For example, I predict I will not be elected President in 2016.

But among those who are "officially" running, I predict these will NOT be elected President:

* Jeb Bush
* Hillary Clinton
* Rick Perry
* Lindsey Graham
* somebody named Gilmore or something

And even if all the others "in the upper tier" were blown up in a terrorist attack in Idaho, someone else would step in and still win but not these.

As far as Trump, and the WSJ pro-amnesty Karl Rove operatives in FOX telling us all the things wrong with Trump and how he did "bad" yesterday, the largest internet poll (for what internet polls are worth) has him the winner of the debate with 229,104 votes, the second runner up is Cruz with 69,819 votes, and Bush is almost dead last after the first 8 candidates with only 10,648 votes and only getting 2%.

Right now Trump is beating Bush 21 times more votes.

As far as who I think won, hands down Trump won.

The biggest loser of the night was "moderator" Megyn Kelly whose questions were totally off mark from talking about issues and were tweeted to her from Karl Rove to try and destroy Trump. Her polls are the only one's that will now drop, she might have just ruined her respect and ratings permanently.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm going out on a limb here.......
The next prez will be Hillary.

The party & the media are full swing into feting, praising, & defending her.
This is particularly true on NPR this morning, which is serving more as an
agenda driven snarky gossip column than a news source.
Whoever gets the Republican nod, they'll be dumb, women hating, cold hearted,
war mongering, secretive, inexperienced, authoritarian, b**** of Wall St.
Hillary will be progressive, smart, grandmotherly, tough & most important of
all....here when it's time for a female president....because it's time.

After winning, we'll discover that she's not all that different from the description
of her Republican challenger.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

The party & the media are full swing into feting, praising, & defending her.
This is particularly true on NPR this morning, which is serving more as an
agenda driven snarky gossip column than a news source.
Whoever gets the Republican nod, they'll be dumb, women hating, cold hearted,
war mongering, secretive, inexperienced authoritarians. Hillary will be progressive,
smart, grandmotherly, tough & most important of all....here when it's time for a
female president.

After winning, we'll discover that she's not all that different from the description
of her Republican challenger.
Ahh ... the press is at fault, which begs the question:

Why should a Republican Party incapable of dealing with a tepid press be presumed capable of responsibly managing US national and international policy?​

philbo

High Priest of Cynicism
Predicting who will NOT be President is easier than predicting who will be President (actually, I am sort of tired of the P instead of p because the office has encroached on powers way beyond it's mandate that are the role of Congress).

For example, I predict I will not be elected President in 2016.

But among those who are "officially" running, I predict these will NOT be elected President:

* Jeb Bush
* Hillary Clinton
* Rick Perry
* Lindsey Graham
* somebody named Gilmore or something

And even if all the others "in the upper tier" were blown up in a terrorist attack in Idaho, someone else would step in and still win but not these.

As far as Trump, and the WSJ pro-amnesty Karl Rove operatives in FOX telling us all the things wrong with Trump and how he did "bad" yesterday, the largest internet poll (for what internet polls are worth) has him the winner of the debate with 229,104 votes, the second runner up is Cruz with 69,819 votes, and Bush is almost dead last after the first 8 candidates with only 10,648 votes and only getting 2%.

Right now Trump is beating Bush 21 times more votes.

As far as who I think won, hands down Trump won.

The biggest loser of the night was "moderator" Megyn Kelly whose questions were totally off mark from talking about issues and were tweeted to her from Karl Rove to try and destroy Trump. Her polls are the only one's that will now drop, she might have just ruined her respect and ratings permanently.
Have to admit, I can't help but wonder whether we watched the same debate... I can understand why Rove & his cohorts don't want Trump (he's not going to be exactly controllable), but in Trump I saw a boorish bully with no handle on any of the issues.. I really, really cannot credit how anybody (apart from himself, because the view the man has of himself is completely on a different plane of reality) can consider him anything more than a laughable diversion.

Internet polls tend to be by definition self-selecting and are about as reliable as using a candle in a typhoon to ascertain wind direction: in my local constituency in May, the online poll held by the local paper was about 80% UKIP.. and they ended up coming third with 10% of the vote. Sure, Trump may have a more motivated support than the others at the moment, so will outscore on an internet poll.. but can you really see a majority of the people wanting such a shallow buffoon representing their country?

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity

War Criminals make the best Presidents.....if you happen to be the Military Industrial Complex.

I'm sure Halliburton and General Electric will be putting their votes in for her. And their votes will probably
count more than yours do.