• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which one is a Cult? A or B?

TreeOfLife

I believe that trinity adds a 2nd layer requirement for salvation.

The Trinitarians call mormons a cult due to mormons not believing in the essence, nature, character of G-d the same as they do.
So to them mormons aren't saved.

With that requirement no one can be saved until years after their personal belief has been augmented with a trinitarian understanding.

Isn't the drunk that sits in front of a TV watching a preacher saved when he accepts Christ and is freed from his addiction. And continues in his Christian growth

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

The Trinitarians call mormons a cult due to mormons not believing in the essence, nature, character of G-d the same as they do.

With that requirement no one can be saved until years after their personal belief has been augmented with a trinitarian understanding.

Isn't the drunk that sits in front of a TV watching a preacher saved when he accepts Christ and is freed from his addiction. And continues in his Christian growth
A cult is really not so much about what a group believes. It is more about how the group treats its own members.

Brian2

Veteran Member

It certainly seems that trinity belief is another layer added to the faith required to be a Christian.
This is what I thought about the additions of ex cathedra statements from the Pope, belief in them being required before you can become a Catholic.
The one who is the judge at the end of the day is Jesus however.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Correct, as it's not our job to judge, which includes the pope.
However, some choose which religion they will align themselves with. That means -- some have decided this is the one for them -- not the others, perhaps. And sometimes people jump around because they don't like what the religion they have joined teaches. Of course, God is the one that makes the "final decision." :) I think so. :)