• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which one is a Cult? A or B?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
We have covered this already. When you see a husband you don't see the wife do you? Whereas he said if you have seen me you have seen the Father.
I'm not sure -- if you see a couple, (together) yet the Bible says they are ONE. It is to be taken illustratively, not literally in the sense of being one person. Or one person's spirit in another person's body, etc. The idea that the son and the father are ONE is figurative in the case of Jesus and his father in heaven. Jesus was the human son of God. That God is his Father AND God. So is the son the father that he prays to? Let's see if we can settle that first with a yes or no answer.

YoursTrue

No he wasn't speaking to himself. The flesh was speaking to the Spirit. The Spirit fills heaven and earth. The Spirit also dwelt in that body.

Being as one is not the same as actually being one. When you see one spouse you don't see the other do you? Whereas he said if you have seen me you have seen the Father.

You keep saying you will answer my questions. When? How about at least trying to answer some.
So the flesh of Jesus didn't have a spirit? (that's an answer to you in the form of a question to you.) Now you say that spirit fills heaven and earth. OK, I think we're going to stop there, and I hope for you a very good evening.

TrueBeliever37

So the flesh of Jesus didn't have a spirit? (that's an answer to you in the form of a question to you.) Now you say that spirit fills heaven and earth. OK, I think we're going to stop there, and I hope for you a very good evening.

Once again - please respond to the many verses I gave showing he is God.

Last edited:

TrueBeliever37

Sometimes if seems like you didn't even read my post when you respond. I said the Spirit also dwelt in that body. Then you said - "So the flesh of Jesus didn't have a spirit?"

You said above that your question was an answer. But I have no idea to what question.

You say he is not God. I have shown many scriptural proofs that he was God, yet you just ignored them. What are your answers? Here is one of the proofs again. Acts 20:28 ....feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. What is your response?

Last edited:

YoursTrue

No he wasn't speaking to himself. The flesh was speaking to the Spirit. The Spirit fills heaven and earth. The Spirit also dwelt in that body.

Being as one is not the same as actually being one. When you see one spouse you don't see the other do you? Whereas he said if you have seen me you have seen the Father.

You keep saying you will answer my questions. When? How about at least trying to answer some.
OK, here's another answer. But first you need to answer this: (if you 'see,' the answer is included in the question) (Forgive me if you have already answered this -- maybe I did not read the post but I don't remember)
Do you believe in the trinity? (Father, Son, and holy spirit?)

YoursTrue

Sometimes if seems like you didn't even read my post when you respond. I said the Spirit also dwelt in that body. Then you said - "So the flesh of Jesus didn't have a spirit?"

You said above that your question was an answer. But I have no idea to what question.

You say he is not God. I have shown many scriptural proofs that he was God, yet you just ignored them. What are your answers? Here is one of the proofs again. Acts 20:28 ....feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. What is your response?
Everyone that is alive has spirit. So here's another question for you: when Jesus was resurrected, was he resurrected so others could see him before he disappeared in a cloud?

TrueBeliever37

OK, here's another answer. But first you need to answer this: (if you 'see,' the answer is included in the question) (Forgive me if you have already answered this -- maybe I did not read the post but I don't remember)
Do you believe in the trinity? (Father, Son, and holy spirit?)

No I do NOT believe in the Trinity.

YoursTrue

I am answering your questions, you just don't see it. So let's see the scripture you cite:
"8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."

What's the fulness of the Godhead?

Bro Rando

But Jehovah is truly God. He is the living God and the eternal King. Because of his indignation the earth will quake, And no nations will endure his denunciation. (Jerimiah 10:10)

Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living God.
(Matthew 16:16)

Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. (1 Corinthians 15:24)

Whom hands the Kingdom to his God and Father?

A. Trinitarians Claim that Almighty God hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father
B. Christians Claim Jesus hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father

YoursTrue

So after telling me you would answer, now you may answer. Must be problematic for you.
We're not on that subject. Because there are too many turns right now. For instance, this scripture is rather clear, isn't it yet I wonder how you see it.
1 Corinthians chapter 15 makes clear mention that there are TWO persons and not ONE person: Notice, and see how you fit this in with your concepts:
"For “God has put everything under His feet.” Now when it says that everything has been put under Him, this clearly does not include the One who put everything under Him. 28And when all things have been subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will be made subject to Him who put all things under Him, so that God may be all in all."
(But I read your last answer and so if you want, I'll get into more details with you.)

Last edited:

YoursTrue

OK, thanks for that straightforward answer. So -- let's think about that for a moment, based on your thinking about spirit. Jesus could be seen after his resurrection. He was seen as a body. Then he disappeared in a cloud as he went heavenward. Now I will talk about spirit for a moment. Let's discuss how that word (spirit) is used in the Bible.
There is a Hebrew word (ruach) and a Greek word (pneuma), which are often translated as spirit, and have a number of meanings. All of them refer to that which is invisible to human sight and gives evidence of force in motion. Are you willing to investigate this a bit with me?

TrueBeliever37

But Jehovah is truly God. He is the living God and the eternal King. Because of his indignation the earth will quake, And no nations will endure his denunciation. (Jerimiah 10:10)

Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living God.
(Matthew 16:16)

Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. (1 Corinthians 15:24)

Whom hands the Kingdom to his God and Father?

A. Trinitarians Claim that Almighty God hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father
B. Christians Claim Jesus hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father

True Answer: Man hands this earthly kingdom over to his God and Father. The Messiah will reign forever. The scripture says there is no end to his kingdom, and he will reign forever. Luke 1:33

God put mankind over this earthly kingdom. Psalms 8:4-6 Man currently has free will and can do as he pleases. When he returns that will be taken away. Man will no longer be able to decide things. We will be judged and have our reward - heaven or hell.

Last edited:

TrueBeliever37

We're not on that subject. Because there are too many turns right now. For instance, this scripture is rather clear, isn't it yet I wonder how you see it.
1 Corinthians chapter 15 makes clear mention that there are TWO persons and not ONE person: Notice, and see how you fit this in with your concepts:
"For “God has put everything under His feet.” Now when it says that everything has been put under Him, this clearly does not include the One who put everything under Him. 28And when all things have been subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will be made subject to Him who put all things under Him, so that God may be all in all."
(But I read your last answer and so if you want, I'll get into more details with you.)

God put everything under Man's feet. Psalms 8:4-6 Man is the one handing this earthly kingdom back over to God. We currently are able to make our own decisions and have free will. When he returns man will give that up. We will be judged and face our eternal destination.

TrueBeliever37

OK, thanks for that straightforward answer. So -- let's think about that for a moment, based on your thinking about spirit. Jesus could be seen after his resurrection. He was seen as a body. Then he disappeared in a cloud as he went heavenward. Now I will talk about spirit for a moment. Let's discuss how that word (spirit) is used in the Bible.
There is a Hebrew word (ruach) and a Greek word (pneuma), which are often translated as spirit, and have a number of meanings. All of them refer to that which is invisible to human sight and gives evidence of force in motion. Are you willing to investigate this a bit with me?

You need to be honest and reply to my questions also - like you said you would.

YoursTrue

I am replying by discussing how the word spirit is used in the Bible. But it seems that you want to discuss if Jesus is God and/or the God he prayed to. Is that right? So if that is not the right question or point you want to discuss, please let me know.

YoursTrue

in order to answer your question about God, first it is essential to consider what the word God means. So let's see in terms of what the Bible says about this. We know from the Bible that a person can let his belly be his God. (Romans 16:18; Philippians 3:28,19) And also importantly, the Bible speaks of many called God, Psalm 86:8, 1 Corinthians 8:5,6). The word or title God must be taken in context as it applies.