• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which makes more sense?

Which makes more sense?

• Adam & Eve, and Jesus?

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Evolution, and Jesus?

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Some other option I haven't thought about?

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters

Silver

Just maybe
Does the Jesus story make more sense with 1. Adam and Eve, or with 2. Evolution?

Silver:cool:

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member
Other:

Evolution, hold the Jesus.

IMO, that makes the most sense.

However, If you're asking in which light the Jesus story makes the most sense, I'd say it works either way.

On the one hand, you have Jesus redeeming mankind from the original sin brought about by Adam & Eve.

On the other, even if Adam & Eve never existed, mankind is still sinful (according to Romans 3:23 and a few other verses) and, because of that alone, a redeemer would still be necessary, hence Jesus.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Does the Jesus story make more sense with 1. Adam and Eve, or with 2. Evolution?

Silver:cool:
I am really sorry, but what do you mean by "make sense"? Do you mean likely to be true or plausible, or do you mean internally consistent. It may very well be that a story is internally consistent, and consistent with other stories, but not consistent with reality.

Silver

Just maybe
fantôme profane;2870744 said:
I am really sorry, but what do you mean by "make sense"? Do you mean likely to be true or plausible, or do you mean internally consistent. It may very well be that a story is internally consistent, and consistent with other stories, but not consistent with reality.

Internally consistent.:cool:

Has the Jesus story been written with Adam & Eve in mind, or with Evolution in mind?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

Has the Jesus story been written with Adam & Eve in mind, or with Evolution in mind?
Well when you put it that way I think it is a rather silly question given that the Jesus story was written 1800 years before the publishing of Origin of Species.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

But The Jesus story should be consistent with Truth.

Is the Jesus story based on the Truth of Adam and Eve,
or the Truth of Evolution?
Well which is it? Make up your mind.

I will say this, to the degree that the Jesus story is consistent with a literal interpretation of the Adam and Eve story it is not consistent with the truth.

Silver

Just maybe
fantôme profane;2870793 said:
Are you asking us to assume that one or both of these stories comes from "God"?

Jesus is meant to be The Way, The Truth and The Light.

So the story told to us, although 2000 years old, should be based on the Truth, which also means the complete story should be totally internally consistent unless it has lies (Myths?!!) in it.

All I'm trying to establish is is the Jesus Truth based on Adam & Eve or Evolution, and which of Adam & Eve and Evolution is more likely to be the truth.

Does the dots join up?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Jesus is meant to be The Way, The Truth and The Light.

So the story told to us, although 2000 years old, should be based on the Truth, which also means the complete story should be totally internally consistent unless it has lies (Myths?!!) in it.

All I'm trying to establish is is the Jesus Truth based on Adam & Eve or Evolution, and which of Adam & Eve and Evolution is more likely to be the truth.
A "Myth" is not the same thing as a lie.

And if you are trying to establish that the story of Jesus is dependent on a literal interpretation of Adam and Eve then you are failing, miserably.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Surely the thread is allowed to evolve?
It is also allowed to devolve, but at this point there appears to be a unanimous consensus that that which makes more sense is something you haven't thought of.

You are to be commended. I can think of no other post that has achieved such unanimity so quickly. :yes: