• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which is Superior

Which is a better trait to have

• The ability to not offend

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • The ability to not be offended

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I was right! you are a great one. :) I will never strive for such excellence because I like wine.

Pure Love never judges. My Master told us in interview "It's better to drink a small glass of wine than a big glass of milk"

[Context for His remark (I think). The previous days there was a health fanatic eating only fruits and drinking milk and telling a wine connaisseur that he should not drink wine. This man was just sipping/testing wine, but the man telling him to stop was drinking 1 liter of milk daily. So my Master let the "milk connaisseur" get away easy, just mentioning 1 big glass of milk]

You usually respond to them in anger? Like, angry?

Well, it also depends on the situation too. I may get angry without expressing it. Although, even if i dont express it, the other would probably still know something is wrong, i wont look happy.

But, in other cases, ill express it. Usually when my LINE is crossed. Theres some things i dont like, but will tolerate, and some things if the line is crossed over, then the bazookas come out.

That's a really good lesson to remember, and thanks for reminding me, Jollybear, although I know I'm going to forget again. :p

A cpl times life tried to teach me this one:

--- I once screamed at, threatened, and then shoved a deaf guy for not getting out of my way (didn't know he was deaf, thought he was just messing with me). :facepalm:
--- one time I was sitting on my motorcycle outside of a gas station, when I noticed this big guy grinning at me and for some reason took it as derision, so I flipped him off (was really surprised by the hurt look on his face). When I went inside to pay, I heard the big guy talk and realized he was mentally disabled, and that for all practical purposes I had just flipped off a 6 year old. :facepalm:

What this taught me:

--- better to let a jerk get away with being a jerk than to inadvertently offend someone who doesn't deserve it.
--- if someone is being a jerk, well, I guess you can consider being a jerk a disabliltiy so maybe those people deserve some slack too.
--- like you said: more times than not I'm misunderstanding the person or situation, so letting anger be the default reaction is pointless.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

----Hanlon's razor

Like I said: life has tried to teach me this countless times and hopefully someday it will stick. :p

The guy with the grin, he may have thought you was funny too.

Ever notice some people are funny without trying to be? Like, you can just look at them and giggle. They tickle ya inside.

Mayby he picked up a funny aura. :)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, it also depends on the situation too. I may get angry without expressing it. Although, even if i dont express it, the other would probably still know something is wrong, i wont look happy.

But, in other cases, ill express it. Usually when my LINE is crossed. Theres some things i dont like, but will tolerate, and some things if the line is crossed over, then the bazookas come out.
I get the bazookas too.