• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which is more important?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
While I know you guys like to debate I'm actually curious about this question I asked a couple people without answers.

Some people are medically exempt from taking covid vaccine per CDC guidelines. Why are they exempt when they too can catch and spread the virus?

Also, if COVID is deadlier than their condition why are they exempt?

Please don't answer if you want to rehash this debate. Im just curious.

Thanks

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
While I know you guys like to debate I'm actually curious about this question I asked a couple people without answers.

Some people are medically exempt from taking covid vaccine per CDC guidelines. Why are they exempt when they too can catch and spread the virus?

Thanks
That is so broad it can't be answered. What are the conditions is one such thing we need to know. Along with why exactly the exemption has been granted.

epronovost

Thanks

Ever thought about reading the CDC guidelines and related medical literature to get the actual answer?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That is so broad it can't be answered. What are the conditions is one such thing we need to know. Along with why exactly the exemption has been granted.

I read a week ago (trying to find it again... I think they switch it with so many clicks) CDC mentioned a few exemptions one was allergies to vaccine ingredients. There were a couple others I read about a week ago but mostly they say ask your health provider beforehand. Most underlying illnesses CDC says it's already to take the vaccine. I honestly can't find it. They censor a lot of stuff finding anything to compare and contrast is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Nonetheless, despite the rarity, if one was exempt say their doctor prohibits them from taking it due to severe allergies (COVID-19 Vaccination) wouldn't it be alright to have the allergetic (rather) person take the vaccine since COVID is much more serious illness than an allergenic reaction?

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Ever thought about reading the CDC guidelines and related medical literature to get the actual answer?

Can you Please stop with the sarcasm. There's no place for it.

Anyway. They censor a lot of stuff it's like finding a needle in a haystack. I read it about a week ago of allergetic reactions (which CDC said are rare) but since there "are" medical exemptions, why would they be taken into account since COVID is worse than their reactions?

Wouldn't all people benefit from the vaccine regardless their medical condition, allergies, and age?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
known allergies to ingredients within a vaccine Edited to add link: Information for Special Populations and the COVID-19 vaccine | Yale Health

Yeah. Read that one but was trying to find another CDC source about two or three exemptions but they censor a lot of stuff it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

If someone has an allergetic reaction, why would they be exempt given COVID is worse than the reaction (assumingly) and they can still spread the virus?

Anyone can catch and spread the virus, so?

epronovost

Can you Please stop with the sarcasm. There's no place for it.

Anyway. They censor a lot of stuff it's like finding a needle in a haystack. I read it about a week ago of allergetic reactions (which CDC said are rare) but since there "are" medical exemptions, why would they be taken into account since COVID is worse than their reactions?

Wouldn't all people benefit from the vaccine regardless their medical condition, allergies, and age?

Again, have you raid the CDC guideline and the associated material? They answer those question and it's **** easy to find them if you simply type your questions in google or call the CDC (or other medical agency help line). Since you don't seem like the type to read or make research. I'll give you the gist of it. People who have severe allergies to some ingredients of a COVID vaccine should not take that particular vaccine or no vaccine at all if they all have that ingredients (or you are severely allergic to several). A severe allergic reaction is a reaction that requires immediate hospitalization and that could lead to a person's death without an immediate EpiPen shot and treatments. Not only are vaccine ineffective in those cases, but they could kill you, thus you don't take them because they are useless and even more dangerous than COVID. If you had an immediate allergic reaction to a first doze of vaccine you should not take the second doze of that vaccine for your chances of a severe reaction become very high and the benefits completely lost. You should take a second doze of another vaccine. As always these are guidelines; always talk to your doctor before proceeding with any plans of that sort.

COVID-19 Vaccination

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Again, have you raid the CDC guideline and the associated material? They answer those question and it's **** easy to find them if you simply type your questions in google or call the CDC (or other medical agency help line). Since you don't seem like the type to read or make research. I'll give you the gist of it. People who have severe allergies to some ingredients of a COVID vaccine should not take that particular vaccine or no vaccine at all if they all have that ingredients (or you are severely allergic to several). A severe allergic reaction is a reaction that requires immediate hospitalization and that could lead to a person's death without an immediate EpiPen shot and treatments. Not only are vaccine ineffective in those cases, but they could kill you, thus you don't take them because they are useless and even more dangerous than COVID. If you had an immediate allergic reaction to a first doze of vaccine you should not take the second doze of that vaccine for your chances of a severe reaction become very high and the benefits completely lost. You should take a second doze of another vaccine. As always these are guidelines; always talk to your doctor before proceeding with any plans of that sort.

Listen. Stop with the insults. Read the other posts, I've already looked up allergies and all of that. It's a very simple question that is not answered on CDC because everything that supposedly leans against COVID is censored.

With that said.

Okay. My question is:

Some people are medically exempt from taking COVID vaccine per CDC guidelines. Why are they exempt when they too can catch and spread the virus?

It is saying that every person can spread the virus regardless if one has an underlying condition or not (a medical exemption). Since this is the case, other than death, why would someone with a medical exemption be excused from the vaccine if he or she can spread the virus?

It is weighing the seriousness of spreading COVID and catching it compared to the medical condition that warrants the exemption. Which is more important (assuming death isn't a factor in this)?

Sheesh.

Can't even ask a simple question on this thing.

Edit. Please don't answer if you want to rehash this debate. Im just curious.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

COVID-19 Vaccination

If you're not going to have a civilized conversation without the cursing then don't post.

It is literally not that big of a deal.

epronovost

Some people are medically exempt from taking COVID vaccine per CDC guidelines. Why are they exempt when they too can catch and spread the virus?

Well since you don't seem to have read my post in which I provide you the explantion nor the link I provided to you. I'll repeat it in even simpler terms.

Some people are exempted from taking certain types of vaccines because taking those vaccines would kill them or seriously injure them. Plus, those vaccine that could kill them or seriously injure them would also be inefficient at protecting them against COVID-19.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Yeah. Read that one but was trying to find another CDC source about two or three exemptions but they censor a lot of stuff it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

If someone has an allergetic reaction, why would they be exempt given COVID is worse than the reaction (assumingly) and they can still spread the virus?

Anyone can catch and spread the virus, so?
Many allergic reactions can kill.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Well since you don't seem to have read my post in which I provide you the explantion nor the link I provided to you. I'll repeat it in even simpler terms.

Some people are exempted from taking certain types of vaccines because taking those vaccines would kill them or seriously injure them. Plus, those vaccine that could kill them or seriously injure them would also be inefficient at protecting them against COVID-19.

This attitude has no place here. Drop it.

Friend of Mara

Thanks
There are medical reasons that would put them at high risk if they took the vaccine. But they are rare and should be protected by the people around them getting vaccinated.

An example is I know a girl who basically is a bubble girl. She has next to no immune system so even if she got the vaccine it wouldn't work. It would just make her sick and she still wouldn't develop the anti-bodies.