• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which is for me?

willy1590

im not sure about a god
I dont believe in prophets or messengers from a god
i dont believe in hell,im twisted between heaven and reincaranation with both elemets within the afterlife
Ethic wise i dont mind homosexuality or premarital sex but i believe marriage is a special thing that should only be done by those who truly love each other.
Anyone help me with this?

chinu

chinu
im not sure about a god
i dont believe in hell,im twisted between heaven and reincaranation with both elemets within the afterlife
Ethic wise i dont mind homosexuality or premarital sex but i believe marriage is a special thing that should only be done by those who truly love each other.
God of sex is for you. :)

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Why do you need/want a religion. Hmm. What are you looking for from s religion?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I suggest you start making more statements about what you DO believe rather than what you DON'T believe. It's kind of hard to offer suggestions to people who affirm their beliefs in the negative, unfortunately. A basic thing to get started:

1) Think about what is sacred to you. Think about what inspires you and instills awe and wonder in your heart. Think about the things you are grateful for or things that you value. Make a list.

2) Forget everything anyone ever told you about what "god" is supposed to be. They're wrong (yes, I'm oversimplifying here, but bear with me). What they told you was a description forged from their own biased point of view, not the thing itself. You get to write your own description. Do so using elements of the list you just made above. If the word "god" bothers you, just call it "the sacred" or something. The label on it isn't important; what's important is that the concept represents something you find worth celebrating and believing in.

3) Think about how you might relate to and celebrate the god-concept you just created for yourself. Also do some comparative religion studies and see if what you came up with is similar in any way to other people's god-concepts. Talk with other people, such as on a forum like this. Bounce ideas around. Never feel like you have to settle in one place forever.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
im not sure about a god

Buddhism?
I have no idea if it fits the fourth sentence though.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
im not sure about a god

I second Quintessence's reply; can you let us know what you do believe?

If you were after something without a God and everything else, I suppose I could say a liberal interpretation of Buddhism or Naturalistic Paganism may work well.

willy1590

thanks for you answers.
I guess i believe in any liberal type religions and i do tend to verge towards atheism but i believe in an afterlife-any further help?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure what you mean by "liberal-type religions." The term "liberal" is relative and context-dependent. Every religion has more traditional (aka, "conservative") and progressive (aka, "liberal") approaches or branches within it. Because you can find "liberalism" in many forms (e.g., moral, political, cultural) in any religion, so it would help if you gave examples.

As an example, Unitarian Universalism has a tendency towards political and social liberalism relative to the cultural norms of the United States, but I have no idea if that's what you're getting at. But honestly, if you're a seeker, you can't go wrong with UU. Go hit them up and they can help you better than anyone here can. Seeking your own path is exactly what they're all about.

willy1590

Basically im looking for any faith that allows homosexuality and doest hate abortion,god wise a none intervening god and an afterlife in some form of heaven!